Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

aurafyyy

xbox Crashing to Home Screen Xbox

So recently ever since the new update came out introducing the Tek Raptor and more, my game has been crashing constantly. It crashes like every 20-40 minutes. I play mainly single player because I don't find fun in PvP. I'm not sure what's causing it to crash but it's super annoying and makes me lose quit a bit of progress every time it crashes.

Its not since the patch. Its been a long standing issue.  Which map do you play on? Do you have a big base, lots of tames? 

Xbox has always crashed on Ark. Our little processors cant handle the amount of load ark gives (sometimes). Turn off ground clutter, it will help a bit. Turn off names of tames, it will also help a tad. You might need to move your base.

Give us more details and we might be able to allieviate some of the crashes. Single player is a bit harder for this

Yeah, I do know ark crashes a lot on Xbox. I've had it on Xbox for quite a while and I know the annoyance of it crashing. But usually it crashes once every few hours or so, but since yesterday it's been crashing every 20 minutes.

I don't really have a big base, it's actually pretty small. I do have quite a bit of tames but not to the point where it should crash my game this often. And I also know its not the tames because even when I'm not near my base it crashes still.

Also I've been playing on Ragnarok as of lately, I do understand it's probably one of the mot demanding maps on Xbox but once again, it wasn't doing this a few days ago.

13 minutes ago, d1nk said:

Its not since the patch. Its been a long standing issue.  Which map do you play on? Do you have a big base, lots of tames? 

Xbox has always crashed on Ark. Our little processors cant handle the amount of load ark gives (sometimes). Turn off ground clutter, it will help a bit. Turn off names of tames, it will also help a tad. You might need to move your base.

Give us more details and we might be able to allieviate some of the crashes. Single player is a bit harder for this

Oops, didn't know I had to quote you. I'm new to these forums, this is my first time actually using it. I usually turn to YouTube for news but here.

Yeah, I do know ark crashes a lot on Xbox. I've had it on Xbox for quite a while and I know the annoyance of it crashing. But usually it crashes once every few hours or so, but since yesterday it's been crashing every 20 minutes.

I don't really have a big base, it's actually pretty small. I do have quite a bit of tames but not to the point where it should crash my game this often. And I also know its not the tames because even when I'm not near my base it crashes still.

Also I've been playing on Ragnarok as of lately, I do understand it's probably one of the mot demanding maps on Xbox but once again, it wasn't doing this a few days ago.

7 minutes ago, aurafyyy said:

I know that one in single player lol, in the middle of nowhere, no buildings no tames and it crashes. On the island obsidian mountain was a big problem for me.

7 minutes ago, aurafyyy said:

Am curious. Is it crashing everywhere on Ragnarok ? Or is it only near blue ob and viking bay ? 

1 minute ago, Kimodo said:

Exactly how do you turn off ground clutter on consoles? I know where the option is on PC but have never seen it in the console options.

Yeah me either, ground clutter really just plain out annoys me. There's no point of having it on but I don't know where to turn it off at

9 minutes ago, aurafyyy said:

Yeah me either, ground clutter really just plain out annoys me. There's no point of having it on but I don't know where to turn it off at

Its am admin cheat, look it up i cant remember the command right now

1 minute ago, AngrySaltire said:

You have to utilise the admin commands through single player. I am unsure of the specifics however. A quick google search tells me this code used to work, however i know @d1nkknows the full details as I do not think this type of command works anymore. 

sg.groundclutterquality

Thanks for the refresher, just add admincheat in front ans it still works

7 minutes ago, d1nk said:

Thanks for the refresher, just add admincheat in front ans it still works

To my knowledge you dont need to add the admincheat into singleplayer, can input the command is. Only need the admincheat on a proper server. Am a bit rusty with admin commands though

Edit: still works in single player if you add the prefix of admincheat. Now I am just confusing myself lol

26 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

Just incase people are unsure about the commands or how to access them.

To access the command menu in single player go to start menu and press: LB+RB+X+Y simultaneously.

Then the command should be:

admincheat sg.groundclutterquality 0

35 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

To my knowledge you dont need to add the admincheat into singleplayer, can input the command is. Only need the admincheat on a proper server. Am a bit rusty with admin commands though

Edit: still works in single player if you add the prefix of admincheat. Now I am just confusing myself lol

For whatever reason the command didnt work anymore on singleplayer. Then it was found out adding admincheat in front made it work.. seen it on Reddit quite a few times but never personally used it.

Not a solution for everyone but the XBOX one X is a solid step up from the standard XBOX one. It is better at playing other games but on ARK it is like night and day. First time playing Aberration on the one X blew my mind. So many little details that the One doesn't have the power to render, I never knew what I was missing. I am not going to say I never get disconnected but the instances of DC reduced greatly. Now I feel dirty for shilling Microsoft....going to go take a shower, GL.

I started ark a few months ago and even though I had the opportunity of playing with a high level tribe, I still preferred the idea of single player like you. I enjoy craft-to-mine, mine-to-craft survival games and I’ve put several hours into games like Minecraft or Terraria. Personally I was turned away from PVP because I don’t like the idea of your work being temporary, so I explored the game through single player and loved it.

For the first few weeks, I had no problems with the game on the Island Xbox. I crashed once or twice but kept my progress. Then I tried quitting once and got an infinite loading screen and ended up closing the app, when I returned, I was set back a good 8 hours. It was frustrating so I looked into console commands to compensate for the lost progress. I started using force saving a lot, but then a week later I lost everything due to a crash. The whole save was wiped. It was heartbreaking, but I retrieved as much as I could through commands. This was quite a burn out, but afterwards I quit using force save as it likely corrupted saves and only had a 2 or so 3-hour roll backs from crashes.

Eventually I moved to SE (about a week after the tek raptor release) and really liked the new theme. It was only until around the 2nd week of September until I couldn’t play anymore. I had my base set up now with a few tames transferred over and at this point my game crashes every 5 minutes at most. Usually when I’m near my base, which isn’t even that big. Every time it crashes i get set back losing all progress that session. It’s become extremely annoying and I’ve just given up now.

TL;DR

I play single player on the Xbox and this game crashes every 5-20 minutes. It just randomly goes black and the app gets closed immediately after. It’s unplayable and it’s really pissing me the fck off. It’s not a hardware issue, the problem comes from the dev’s incompetency when creating this horribly unoptimized game. On top of everything, the meshes and textures on SE never load properly. This wasn’t nearly as big of a problem a month ago. They’re utilizing UE4 for raptor sake, it’s not like this game is built from the ground up.

I would just get the game on PC, but tbh these cons don’t deserve another penny until they get up and fix their dogpoop game.

I'm having something similar happen to me.  I've been playing Ark on Xbox for about 3 years, all single player, with pretty minimal crashing issues until last night.

I got stuck between a glitchy Rex and a wall so I used the "ghost" code to get unstuck but I fell through the world and had to hard boot to get things back in order.  Now the game crashes back to the home screen every 20 minutes but only on Scorched Earth (which is the map I was on when I had to use the ghost code).   Every other map works as well as Ark works, just like it has for the last three years.

I have a feeling I somehow corrupted the save on my Scorched Earth game.  Is there a way to revert to an old save or clear data without wiping structures and tames?   Like I said I've been playing for three years and really enjoy the building aspects of this game, I'd hate to start from scratch.  I'm already pretty frustrated with paying for a product that's so glitchy.  Good thing this game is awesome when it works

I'm having two issues, involving crashes. 

1. they're at random. you can be fighting something powerful or taming something

2. the crash didn't save beforehand, so you lose everything you worked on for 15-20 minutes.

Seriously, I just tamed some decent dinos and a crash set me back in a location I left 20 minutes ago before it crashed..

This just started for us. My boyfriend and I play single player, split screen. We just started playing Ragnorak. We created a decent size base, had about ten tamed dinos, primitive plus. The game crashes every 5-10minutes it's becoming completely impossible to play. It's extremely frustrating and by the looks of this forum and many other threads it hasn't been fixed. We never crashed on Ark until we started playing Ragnorak. Now it occasionally crashes on the island as well! This is ridiculous.

What I've tried:

1. Reset Xbox One. No results.

2. Played disconnected from the internet. No results.

3. Cleared out our Ragnorak save and restarted. No results.

4. Completely uninstalled the game and all of its expansions. No results.

I'm going to try the ground clutter and a few other options, but nothing is working. We just bought extinction this weekend and we're so pissed off I'm about to ask for my money back. 

Since extinction came out my game keeps crashing to the Xbox home menu. It happens in single player and multiplayer, all the maps, and ESPECIALLY in creative mode.

Also I had just tried playing on a official primitive plus server for the first time ever last week. I loved it!

Then it crashed and no one knows our has been about to find out if it's even coming back.

Also Ragnarok is my favorite map and even before extinction, wether it was single player or online, I still can't go near the blue obelisk without my game crashing to the main menu or tho the Xbox dashboard.

A freinds mentioned it seems related to the cave under blue.

Lots of bugs and renewing issues on all naps since extinction came out too..... But especially on that map.

I know you guys have a ton of problems to work on and I look forward to playing this game again. PLEASE fix the blue ob crashes and the new ones. Please fix all the bugs and render issues. And while your at it could you also make it so Araneo climb walks and Zipline? And make it so insects and amphibians can breed?

I don't care about the realism...... Realism dissent make sense in ARK.

Thank-you and you guys are AWESOME!