when you first started ark what dino killed you for the first time?

AcyanidePancake

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Raptor, actually it wasn't me, it was a friend of mine whose name was "Atlas".

We started playing Ark for the first time and I watched the raptor pop-up out of no where and pounce on Atlas and destroy him, then I ran back to base before it was done eating his remains. I had took a screenshot right before it attacked him and captioned it "Raptor 1, Atlas 0". it was freaking hilarious. 

Carno, for me. My ill-prepared band of me, my best friend and an acquaintance on her non-dedicated. We set out merrily down the beach to explore, in the middle of the night...so I never even got much of a look at the assailant that wiped my little tribe out...only the message at the end.

We never did get our bags back, either. Fortunately, we were so absolutely unprepared to explore (I learned after about a week in my own non-dedicated) that there were no significant losses incurred.

Only a painful lesson learned about exploring with low visibility.

I was indirectly killed by a bunch of ants. I’d just got the game, and having tamed a dodo and built a small thatch base, I decided to leave the beaches and explore further inland by myself. And then I got jumped by a swarm of ants. They didn’t kill me, but I fell off a cliff trying to run away from them. My first death directly caused by an animal was due to a raptor. This happened right after being “killed” by the ants; while I was trying to find my body a raptor came outta nowhere and ate me. After this I decided to hold off on the exploration till I was a little more prepared. 

I actually don’t recall what got me the first time, but here's my earliest recollection.
Me: This river isn’t too wide; I’ll just wade across.
Piranhas: Nom! Nom! Nom!
[I respawn in the same area and manage to find my way back to that river]
Me: Hmm, maybe I’ll cross a bit further in that direction.
[I wade into the warm current.]
Piranha: Nom!
Me: Ack! Hurry, hurry, hurry!
Piranha: Miss! Nom! Miss!
[I make it to the other side.]
Me: Ha! Ha! Sucker! I made it.
Piranha: *Grumble*
[I decide to move along the beach to scout the new area out. And a few minutes later…]
Me: Hey, what’s that big dino with . . . tiny horns? Oh, it’s cool looking, and . . . it’s charging! EEP!
[I bravely run away and leap into the river in hopes of making it to safety.]
Piranhas: Nom! Nom! Nom!
Carno: ROFL!

Can't remember back that far.  Started on single player.  Then played with a friend on a shared lock others out tethered server.  The tether drove us nuts.  We drove each other nuts.  She went on to do other things.  At a guess tho I probably got killed by a bronto picking up wild dino eggs when I first joined multiplayer.  I played for months not understanding why the dinos were angry at me all the time and no one else.  Thot they just went nuts.  Didn't make the mental connection eating their eggs was what was setting them off until much game play had passed.

9 hours ago, AcyanidePancake said:

just curious. had a friend that just bought the game yesterday. his first death by the teeth of a giga. what about yall?

wow how lucky!!

mine was a dilo... then a compy (yeah yeah, I know), then another dilo, a bronto (I dont know why that thing attacked me, maybe I stung its foot with my hair), then a raptor

so I was **** that, I will try a harder zone, I dont have anything to lose. Then, respawned facing a wolf.

Tomorrow will be my 3 and a half year anniversary of Ark so it has been a while, but I believe a raptor was my first death. My most memorable early death though was a carno that wouldn't lay off me, he kept chasing and chasing I crossed the river twice and he chased me for a good 20 seconds (that is a long time for a lvl like 3 lol)

57 minutes ago, Alysson said:

wow how lucky!!

mine was a dilo... then a compy (yeah yeah, I know), then another dilo, a bronto (I dont know why that thing attacked me, maybe I stung its foot with my hair), then a raptor

so I was **** that, I will try a harder zone, I dont have anything to lose. Then, respawned facing a wolf.

Maybe the bronto was attacking something else but you got hit by the AOE

I was semi familiar with the game having watched Angry Joe play it, so I had enough of an idea of what was doing on not to get killed by a compy, or a dilo, or any of those other typical noob munchers, but my first official death scared the crap out of me...

i had just gotten done drinking water and was making the longish hike back to my base. It was night so I was trying go slow and cautious. Suddenly I heard this sound “BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM” comeing up on me. I had no idea what it might have been at first thinking maybe it was a Trike, then POOF! Carno came into view lit by the light of my torch in the thick black jungle..

I had no time to react. i was dead pretty much instantly. Lol

Archived