The game is getting bigger and bigger. My solid-state hard drive can't be instal

qq2106458330

hello there fellow survivors,

1)There is something odd in the game files,is ARK taking 250GB of free space ?

Ik this is rediculous but there is literally no way for me to download more games if WC doesn't wanna have mercy on my SSD.Please help on that

2)I have problems with the game,everytime I play ARK fps drops way down to 5-10 fps,tried many suggestions,changed many settings and yet having the same problem,I even integrated it to NVIDEA settings yet no solution,if you guys can help me with this situation that will be much appreciated and very thankfull

And yes I'm new here in the forums

Here's my specs:

*Intel core i7-4720HQ CPU @ 2.60GH60GHz

*16.0 GB RAM

*64-bit Operating System,Windows 10

• Volunteer Moderator
7 minutes ago, Scorpisky said:

1)There is something odd in the game files,is ARK taking 250GB of free space ?

Yes, ARK can easily take that much space. Especially if you have a lot of mods and large SP world saves for every maps. My ARK folder is currently 164gb which includes all DLC without mods or SP saves.

17 minutes ago, Scorpisky said:

Ik this is rediculous but there is literally no way for me to download more games if WC doesn't wanna have mercy on my SSD.Please help on that

They would need to remove content, is that really what you want?

2 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

Yes, ARK can easily take that much space. Especially if you have a lot of mods and large SP world saves for every maps. My ARK folder is currently 164gb which includes all DLC without mods or SP saves.

They would need to remove content, is that really what you want?

Oh no keep it like that,I guess you're right I need to buy another 1 TB card for disk space

250 is a bit high for Ark, mine is around 150 with only some QoL mods and all official maps + 1 mod map (tiny)...

But with how they worded their announcement with atlas, it is hinted that there will be more DLCs (paid or free) to come, so yeah... Get a 1To one. It's not as expensive now as it used to be for SSD, but if you are strapped for cash, a HDD will work just fine, just more loadind time. 

The graphic card will be a pain. You won't be able to play Ark in anything else but in Play-Doh graphics with your laptop melting whatever it's used on with only 10-15 fps. Your problem comes with your graphic card. 

Keep in mind that cheap SSDs are fast, but only because of their fast cache on board. Once you exceed the cache write, the data goes directly to slow flash now instead of later. The slow flash is slower than a HDD. There are several youtube channels that demonstrate this in action, including Linus. I have such a drive, and it works perfectly fine for gaming, including ARK. Just pick up a cheap 1T SSD and enjoy.

Archived