Giga spawning intervals

Iostris

Hi I finally tamed my first giga last night and have been looking for another to start breeding...

So far ive come across 2 but only managed to tame one, but the interval between 1st and 2nd sightings were really long. So was wondering what the spawning rates are.

Same with Quetzal... it seems like its 10 days in between each spawn.

I’ve had rapid respawn for both. I trapped my first two gigas on the northern slopes of frozen tooth. After i tamed the first one I went back to my mining base and another one was already waiting. Unfortunately they were both females. So I tamed them both anyways. A third didn’t spawn. Assuming it spawned elsewhere. My male was on western slopes of winters mouth. 

I’ve had the extreme form of this with quetzals. I posted a topic about it a while back. Theirs spawns are different now than they used to be. There’s a spawn point over craggs island by red ob. There’s another just south side of the ob itself. What I did was park a houseboat nearby for supplies and sleeping (I play single player). I would then make a loop around the ob and craggs. Every time I’d get a quetzal spawning in. If I didn’t like it I’d kill it and circle around again. Rinse and repeat. So many dead quetzals before I found a high level quetzal. Getting the first one to spawn in seems to be the tricky part. 

On 1/8/2019 at 11:22 PM, Bush84 said:

I’ve had rapid respawn for both. I trapped my first two gigas on the northern slopes of frozen tooth. After i tamed the first one I went back to my mining base and another one was already waiting. Unfortunately they were both females. So I tamed them both anyways. A third didn’t spawn. Assuming it spawned elsewhere. My male was on western slopes of winters mouth. 

I’ve had the extreme form of this with quetzals. I posted a topic about it a while back. Theirs spawns are different now than they used to be. There’s a spawn point over craggs island by red ob. There’s another just south side of the ob itself. What I did was park a houseboat nearby for supplies and sleeping (I play single player). I would then make a loop around the ob and craggs. Every time I’d get a quetzal spawning in. If I didn’t like it I’d kill it and circle around again. Rinse and repeat. So many dead quetzals before I found a high level quetzal. Getting the first one to spawn in seems to be the tricky part. 

I hve no such luck with that... took time off to hunt for plesiosaurs and mosasaurs and still no giga respawn... Have only seen them at the volcano and the blue obelisk mountain side on my map. I am hoping to get a female as ive got a male already.

Yeah for quetzals i built a base on craggs island to nab them. But they now start to spawn over the redwood forest swamp. Got one respawn which is being a real pain to tame.

I haven't seen ANY gigas on my single player maps, which is really rare. They always seemed to show up at the most inconvenient times and in the most inconvenient places, but now they don't show up at all. Not pretty ones, nor ugly ones. At this point, I'd take an ugly one if I could get just one to spawn in...even a low level one. 

• 10 months later...
On 1/11/2019 at 12:34 AM, Bush84 said:

Gigas and quetz seem to have this magical power to be everywhere when you don’t need them or can’t have them then be absolutely gone when you are looking for them. 

Lol isn't this with everything? ?

When I was just a beach noob i kept seeing high level ankys and doedecs everywhere. But when i actually set out to tame one I couldn't find one higher than level 100 for at least 2 weeks (real life time). Finally came across a level 125 anky and just decided to tame it for the sake of it. I can just get an eerie one anyways from the dungeons that's max level

Archived