Community Crunch 163: Structures Plus & Kibble Rework Beta This Week!

Jen

14 hours ago, dcrago said:

@Jen What's happening to the Structures Plus mod itself? There is talk about the mod being removed from the workshop by end of January and Orionsun can't open source it, nor it's sister mods Platforms Plus and Platforms Anywhere, since WildCard owns the rights to all 3 mods, especially since you are talked about not adding everything in those mods like the utility guns and the utility npc's (Item Collector, Farmer, est.), and the Resource Pulling system.

I imagine of s+ gets pulled from the workshop the game population will plummet. Or if/when WC releases an update that breaks the mod version of s+, same thing.

The utility guns are awesome.

The automated systems are awesome (they require fuels).

The pull system is awesome.

The better tek is awesome.

Hitching post is awesome.

All of this on top of the building improvements and ini customization, is simply amazing.

Edited by Aylana314159

1 hour ago, AndyCameron said:

Anyone needs cryo fridges provide the mats I’ll craft them same for pods

Better yet, try convincing all the mega-tribes to cryo their unused dinos. I’m still seeing bases on Rag & the island (offline protected) stacked full of dinos, and lag as bad as ever. The only difference is they log on for long enough to check the tek troughs and then head back to extinction. Most tribes that can make cryo items aren’t really using them and players that want to use them can’t get them easy enough.

I love kibble rework because it will save us some slots in tribe, and at the same time I don't like it because so many dinos will be pointless to tame now. Basically this will reduce what we need to do in game. Normally I like new tasks, new content, this will do completely opposite. This is replacing taming different dinos with boring farming of red sap, mejos and other ingredients, taming low things isn't too fun either but it is little bit more fun then farming.

Cryos were all we really needed to deal with kibble farms.

I like structure+, but I don't expect it soon. Not everything thats listed here. Knowing WC, half of listed things will get postponed up to a year from now.

I really love how many people who are against the reworked kibble system are appearing with this crunch. Its sickening, really. I really do hope they change the last (and for Exceptional case, Fungal wood) material for kibble though when the public beta hits, because it would make it near impossible for anyone without extinction DLC to craft it.

I wished the cryopod were craftable at City Terminal, because having it only in Replicator and as OSD drops isn't really a great idea as it would not encourage more use of it.

2 hours ago, b0ender said:

I love kibble rework because it will save us some slots in tribe, and at the same time I don't like it because so many dinos will be pointless to tame now. Basically this will reduce what we need to do in game. Normally I like new tasks, new content, this will do completely opposite. This is replacing taming different dinos with boring farming of red sap, mejos and other ingredients, taming low things isn't too fun either but it is little bit more fun then farming.

Cryos were all we really needed to deal with kibble farms.

I like structure+, but I don't expect it soon. Not everything thats listed here. Knowing WC, half of listed things will get postponed up to a year from now.

I get what you mean, but heres a quick question: Do we really need to tame majority of these dinos/creatures? Unless you are the hoarding type, having them around is simply more than enough.

I highly doubt WC would postpone that far though. Sure, they will postpone the full release, but given the fact I have never seen them set a *public beta* for anything related to features afaik (correct me if I am wrong), it can't be helped for this case.

Also, tribe's moral code are worse than the bugs, because something tells me Cryos and kibble reworks won't be enough to stop them from hoarding dinos just for eggs.

4 hours ago, Aylana314159 said:

I imagine of s+ gets pulled from the workshop the game population will plummet. Or if/when WC releases an update that breaks the mod version of s+, same thing.

The utility guns are awesome.

The automated systems are awesome (they require fuels).

The pull system is awesome.

The better tek is awesome.

Hitching post is awesome.

All of this on top of the building improvements and ini customization, is simply amazing.

Then again, its the mod maker's decision if he wants it pulled.

EDIT: The mod maker won't be removing the mod, he won't be updating it anymore after he released S+ update for Extinction.
https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/discussion/731604991/1741103267268036422/

Edited by Vaculity

1 hour ago, Vaculity said:

EDIT: The mod maker won't be removing the mod, he won't be updating it anymore after he released S+ update for Extinction.

With no mod updates it's still possible a game update will break the mod. S+ is one of the reasons Ark was so successful.

WC could allow s+ and plat+ and platforms anywhere to go open source or at least be handed off to a few mod authors to maintain.

Edited by Aylana314159

46 minutes ago, Aylana314159 said:

With no mod updates it's still possible a game update will break the mod. S+ is one of the reasons Ark was so successful.

WC could allow s+ and plat+ and platforms anywhere to go open source or at least be handed off to a few mod authors to maintain.

If you had read the post (which apparently you didnt judging by this post, no offence), you would be aware he plans to give the source code to an interested party to continue on. The problem is whethrr if wc will permit it or not.

So let’s be real here ! Why the hell would you guys put out a Christmas event that drops really nice stuff to sucker people into your event just to nerf every single thing people made out of the blue prints and the blue prints them selves all down to 298! You guys are so stupid and are destroying your own game! Stop bringing poop into the game just to be nerfed a few weeks later it’s annoying especially with our time and grind so give us a  breeding event or somthing! Like for real you guys need to really pay it to your customers cause it’s gettinf annoying :)

Edited by Omni7potent
  • Facepalm 2

Please be very careful with new kibble implementation. As it appears to be this is gonna be game breaking, I mean, it is extremely dependant of extinction DLC.

Most of the new kibbles requires resources that are only obtainable there, element dust, red and blue sap, corrupted nodules, fungal wood (ye this one also obtainable on extinction)...

This means tribes will be forced to buy the DLC just only to get the resources.

One possible solution would be just not to disable the possibility of crafting and using the old kibbles, or even making old kibble recipes craft the new kibbles.

Another solution is just a rework of the new kibbles recipes, removing the DLC dependant items.

I'm pretty sure WC will keep in mind that the new kibbles will need to be made of resources that are available on every map. They never said that the extinction kibble will replace the old ones 1-1. For some reason most people expect that to happen though? That would make no sense at all (I know, it's WC, but still...)

I really hope they'll get the translation right this time. Some kibble have the same translation which really sucks - you never know if you grab the right one, and you have to guess which one your baby wants. (you want superior kibble? There are two stacks, named the same, made from different mats, used to tame different dinos... *sigh*).

The structures I want the most are stone ramps. I don't know the mod, but I'm looking forward to what has been announced. I can already see myself tearing down half the base just to rebuild, it's going to be fun. And I'll need less room for kibble dinos :)

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, arkark said:

Please be very careful with new kibble implementation. As it appears to be this is gonna be game breaking, I mean, it is extremely dependant of extinction DLC.

Most of the new kibbles requires resources that are only obtainable there, element dust, red and blue sap, corrupted nodules, fungal wood (ye this one also obtainable on extinction)...

This means tribes will be forced to buy the DLC just only to get the resources.

One possible solution would be just not to disable the possibility of crafting and using the old kibbles, or even making old kibble recipes craft the new kibbles.

Another solution is just a rework of the new kibbles recipes, removing the DLC dependant items.

Thet never mentioned anthing about the reworked kibbles retaining the recipe from extinction. We can only wait until the public beta comes out this week to kmow of they are lazy or not.

1 hour ago, Weiss said:

I'm pretty sure WC will keep in mind that the new kibbles will need to be made of resources that are available on every map. They never said that the extinction kibble will replace the old ones 1-1. For some reason most people expect that to happen though? That would make no sense at all (I know, it's WC, but still...)

I really hope they'll get the translation right this time. Some kibble have the same translation which really sucks - you never know if you grab the right one, and you have to guess which one your baby wants. (you want superior kibble? There are two stacks, named the same, made from different mats, used to tame different dinos... *sigh*).

The structures I want the most are stone ramps. I don't know the mod, but I'm looking forward to what has been announced. I can already see myself tearing down half the base just to rebuild, it's going to be fun. And I'll need less room for kibble dinos :)

They mentioned nothing about thr recipe point, so given their reputation, most people would assume the worst for that. The stone stairs/ramp woudl make a great addition. Its a shame it wasnt added before.

Something I just noticed... The image shows railings on the ramps, but that is not mentioned in the change list. I wonder if the railings are coming as well?

I actually hope not, because if one looks closely, they see that the railings are not new models but only the original model rotated:

image.thumb.png.c521b9e9896e471ecaa33b11e715ebe1.png

This looks a bit weird, not to mention it doesn't meld very well with the railings on the ceilings. If I compare it to how S+ does it (see image below), where the railings have new models that meld well (or, at least, better) with railings on ceilings, I do hope they get an extra iteration :)

C213FC5266CAB154BBA0AD9D0A9E57A01C0B6B92

9 hours ago, Vaculity said:

If you had read the post (which apparently you didnt judging by this post, no offence), you would be aware he plans to give the source code to an interested party to continue on. The problem is whethrr if wc will permit it or not.

I did read Orionsun's post. Which is exactly why I said WC should allow his mod(s) to go open source or at least be handed off to a responsible mod author(s) to be maintained. But those are WC's decisions not Orionsun's and we have no information.

With abandoned mods, it always possible a game update will break some part of the mod.

19 hours ago, maxTHUND3RDOME said:

Ark is ridiculous. You can spend a FULL MONTH building a base, grabbing up tames, have insane defenses and you’ll still be WIPED in less than five minutes by ONE PERSON on a OP Magnamr. That doesn’t even make sense, for the amount of time you have to spend tamin and farming only to be wiped in 5 minutes by rockets and DLC tames that have no business being on The Island. You’re literally ruining this game for any newcomers by allowing alpha tribe members to go through multiple servers solo wiping everyone. There is ZERO BLANCE between how long it takes to build up and how fast you will lose it all. You will literally put in 150 hrs on a build only to be wiped by one person in 5 minutes. It’s not even worth it for anyone trying the game out for the first time because you won’t even be allowed to have a thatch base in any server. I’ve been on and off playing ark since day one and now I just give up because you will literally GO NOWHERE IN THIS GAME BECAUSE OF EVERY RAID HAVING OVERPOWERED TAMES AND ROCKETS AND AS LONG AS THEY CONTINUE TO ALLOW TRANFERS, ALPHA TRIBES WILL GO THROUGH WIPING EVERYONE.. DO NOT BUY THIS GAME!!!!!

so why you play on PVP? don't say poop and play PVE

• Thanks 1