Community Crunch 163: Structures Plus & Kibble Rework Beta This Week!

Jen

4 hours ago, GP said:

It's not the Community Manager that needs to be fired, you just need to read the OP properly.

Firstly, there is no update coming, there is a beta build coming for S+ and Kibble changes. A Beta build is a completely different server from the official servers, so it's not an update coming to the base game this week, it is the testing build.

Second, the end of the week is Sunday so the week is not over yet.

Nowhere in this post does it say "Sunday". I'd assumed by the end of the week, they mean't Friday because typically when someone says the end of the week, that's what they mean. You pointing this out to the guy like it's something obvious feels pretty scummy.

If they claim that the beta branch WILL be out at the end of the week, why has it not come out at the end of the week? Why are we to assume that the end of the week is Sunday, and not Friday?

2 hours ago, NeddyTheNoodle said:

I'd assumed by the end of the week, they mean't Friday because typically when someone says the end of the week, that's what they mean.

Not to yank your chain on purpose but I always thought they called it the weekend because Saturday and Sunday are the end... of the week.  ?

Personally I'm just going to be relaxed about it as they will open up that branch when they think everything is stable enough to do so, and since this is a rather new method of doing things it wouldn't surprise me if there is an unexpected delay or two.  It won't affect my normal game play anyway as it will be a completely separate branch and likely for testing purposes only, so there's really no rush.

I get it though, everyone wants to see all the little details of what has and has not been included.  I'm curious as well.

Well generally when dealing with a company, 'end of the week' means end of the work week. A work week is usually Mon-Fri, however, if you want to pull teeth, the end of the week for several countries would be Saturday with Sunday being the first day of the week. This is true for Canada, Japan and the United States. For others, Sunday would be the last day of the week. Either way, I would of thought WC would consider Fri the end of the week, I guess I was wrong.

On 1/10/2019 at 12:20 PM, Vaculity said:

The main point is the blood sweat tears of finding a high level wild either for taming or killing. If they had the intention of making it incredibly easy they would've added this, but they didn't.

Plus, some random people will come and jack away the wild from you.

Yeah, I get that... I always just figured it fitting endgame (as a tek item) that it would be easier to find at least the high levels since that would set focus on taming and breeding and give more of a purpose to endgame. I mean... I do understand the argument against, it's just that it's not so obvious to me as to completely banish all my hope of it :)

20 hours ago, Ranger1 said:

I have no problem if WC decides to make Cryo items more available.  However I find your stance fairly amusing.  If an "advanced" tribe can't figure out how to make selling the HIGHLY desired Cryo items in a way beneficial to their tribes (whether that be in acquiring variety of raw materials so that they no longer need to bother with it, or even simply making their gameplay experience better by the resultant reduction in server lag and alleviating tame cap as a problem) then simply put they're doing it wrong.  ?

But you do you.

It’s a matter of time and productivity. Larger tribes jump on island servers long enough to feed and that’s about it. Why would they waste time trading in cryo when that time is more wisely and profitably spent obtaining element and high-powered gear from drops? Could they profit from cryo? Sure, but there are dozens of easier and quicker ways to achieve greater profits, hence the reality that larger tribes aren’t wasting their time with it. Combined with the fact they are not as present on island servers, they don’t have to deal with the server lag they aren’t even spending much time on. That in turn, results in them not bothering to cryo their own dinos, whereas the AI is dragging and constantly making ‘decisions,’ but they are on Extinction so it’s not their problem.

Taking into account your premise that the larger tribes are “doing it wrong,” I would say that approaching a solution to server lag that depends on the ‘correct’ actions of larger tribes is “doing it wrong,” as is clearly evident by the lack of access smaller tribes are experiencing. Moreover, medium and even larger starting tribes aren’t interested in enduring a cost that would be profitable to established tribes, because they are more concerned with grinding out the resources that are necessary for them to obtain tek, and then the cycle repeats. You can argue about it, but it is clearly observable and therefore you qualms are with the current reality and not my “stance.”

You assume I don't like PvP. It's the unbalance I don't like. The overpowered tame transfers are literally de-populating many servers and they lose players on a daily basis because of this. If you haven't seen it, you haven't been playing on PvP servers. Most servers are ONE ALPHA TRIBE and a bunch of beach bobs. Anyone in between usually gets wiped. The tame transfers are not cool because you can't even have tames on the island that touch other DLCs tames. You can wipe people in minutes without being touched. It took my friend and I a month to build a good base with autos and heavys and one dude wiped us in five minutes. He only transferred to the server to wipe people with his high level maganamr. That doesn't make sense for most people who put the time in only to start from square one in just a few minutes because someone just wanted to despawn stuff in other people's bases for no reason. 

On 1/9/2019 at 6:36 PM, Vaculity said:

Something just came to my mind. Will we still have access to official server if we have that beta installed?

Not stated.

Given how they work, i doubt this will be taken into consderaton, hence the tribe or bp reason.

Doubt it. If they have no kibble, it probably will stay that way.

Aak the mod maker. Oh wait, he has no plans for it.

Too broken in vanilla gameplay.

Nope.

Now where did you spring that assumption that thry will add more dlc? Tlc is in question but dlc? How.

We will only know if thet add that kibble set to those eggs when the beta goes live.

Unfoetunately i doubt they will change it back, long as there are immoral player there sending other peoples dino to oblivion with it even under offline protection.

• Facepalm 1

That kibble ''rework'' is gonna make 90% of the creatures totaly useless, might as well just remove them. The game will be a joke with around 10-15 useful dinos and everything else just different shapes of meat. @Wildcard Why would you spend all this time (and money) creating an amazing world with those incredible taming mechanics if you are gonna throw it all away for some players too lazy to put in the work and wanting everything spoon fed to them, or for dino hoarders who can't keep a dino count that their machines can handle. My god my pc isn't even that good and I can play the game AND stream it without having issues. THIS IS GONNA DESTROY THE PvE EXPERIENCE and many players who were dedicated to the game will leave it. Casuals and PvP players on the other hand will be happier than ever, everything faster and easier so they can play for a month and leave for another game lol. If this happens and the OG kibble system is totaly replaced ...i'm out for good, after 4 years and 6000+ hours of playing almost exclusively Ark ... but why should you guys care, you already got my money right .... OpieOP

That kibble ''rework'' is gonna make 90% of the creatures totaly useless, might as well just remove them. The game will be a joke with around 10-15 useful dinos and everything else just different shapes of meat. @Wildcard Why would you spend all this time (and money) creating an amazing world with those incredible taming mechanics if you are gonna throw it all away for some players too lazy to put in the work and wanting everything spoon fed to them, or for dino hoarders who can't keep a dino count that their machines can handle. My god my pc isn't even that good and I can play the game AND stream it without having issues. THIS IS GONNA DESTROY THE PvE EXPERIENCE and many players who were dedicated to the game will leave it. Casuals and PvP players on the other hand will be happier than ever, everything faster and easier so they can play for a month and leave for another game lol. If this happens and the OG kibble system is totaly replaced ...i'm out for good, after 4 years and 6000+ hours of playing almost exclusively Ark ... but why should you guys care, you already got my money right .... OpieOP. --COMMENT UPDATE-- I can't play more then 10 minutes without my pc crashing since the updates ... GG guys GG ...but my pc is probably the problem right ...everybody's pc's are the problem. EVERY PLAYER on our server is having issue since the christmas update but now only 1 of us can play without TOO MUCH issues. Wildcard GG, you've lost a customer probably for ever and you are becoming a joke. Atlas can blow me LUL. I'll never pay a dime for it. Ark has become even more of a joke. Changing things that works fine instead of fixing what doesn't ... keep it up, great decision making ...

• 2 weeks later...