Community Crunch 163: Structures Plus & Kibble Rework Beta This Week!

Jen

19 hours ago, Vaculity said:

Something just came to my mind. Will we still have access to official server if we have that beta installed?

Not stated.

Given how they work, i doubt this will be taken into consderaton, hence the tribe or bp reason.

Doubt it. If they have no kibble, it probably will stay that way.

Aak the mod maker. Oh wait, he has no plans for it.

Too broken in vanilla gameplay.

Nope.

Now where did you spring that assumption that thry will add more dlc? Tlc is in question but dlc? How.

We will only know if thet add that kibble set to those eggs when the beta goes live.

Unfoetunately i doubt they will change it back, long as there are immoral player there sending other peoples dino to oblivion with it even under offline protection.

People who block the obilisks deserve to lose the animals

On 1/9/2019 at 1:53 PM, DauntingBeef08 said:

Completely agree that the cyro frdige is locked to people that have done the boss fight atleast once. I have been lucky and made good alliance with another tribe (PVE) and they made the fridges and some pods and also raptor clause dropped a load.

I dont think it would be too much to put it into fabricator class for the the fridge and pods.

Goals, some people seem to believe they should have end game items from the start, and it makes me wonder why they bother playing a game at all.

9 minutes ago, Dezes1 said:

Goals, some people seem to believe they should have end game items from the start, and it makes me wonder why they bother playing a game at all.

Freezing dinos reduces both that tribes tame limit and the server tame limit. Locking it behind a paywall (Extinction) and then making it only craft-able in the replicator seems like a bad way of doing business when frozen dinos can be utilised to help resolve capping issues. The cryofridge runs off a gas generator but must be crafted in a replicator, work that one out. 

1 hour ago, SaltyMonkey said:

Freezing dinos reduces both that tribes tame limit and the server tame limit. Locking it behind a paywall (Extinction) and then making it only craft-able in the replicator seems like a bad way of doing business when frozen dinos can be utilised to help resolve capping issues. The cryofridge runs off a gas generator but must be crafted in a replicator, work that one out. 

I see you have a habit of missing the point, people who have hundreds of dinos most likely have beaten a boss or 2, companies sell products to support their business so DLC makes sense.
And if you are so worried about cap issues, kill some pets.
And you're right, they should make the cryo-fridge need a tek gen to run, will that make you happy?

• Facepalm 1

5 hours ago, SaltyMonkey said:

Sounds like Cryo items will be quite a profitable trade item soon.

3 hours ago, Ranger1 said:

Yes but only if the community are willing.

7 hours ago, Dezes1 said:

I see you have a habit of missing the point, people who have hundreds of dinos most likely have beaten a boss or 2, companies sell products to support their business so DLC makes sense.
And if you are so worried about cap issues, kill some pets.
And you're right, they should make the cryo-fridge need a tek gen to run, will that make you happy?

So box tribes who hold servers at ransom are not a thing? How do I go about killing other tribes pets on PvE without breaking ToS? Freezing dinos is a way to legitimately resolve cap issues so it should have been made more accessible. Why do you have an issue with that? Unless you’re one of those box tribes?

Edited by SaltyMonkey

14 hours ago, Dezes1 said:

Yeah, and some people have jobs and can only play on the weekends, and after a year they are still breeding rexes and trying to get all the egg layers they need to kibble tame the dinos they will need for their tiny tribe to beat a boss. Grinding and working toward end game doesn’t mean you automatically get the rewards, and only someone in a large tribe enjoying the benefits and work of others thinks unlocking tek is an easy thing to do. 

That said, it would make a lot more sense for an item INTENDED TO ALLEVIATE SERVER LAG to be more easily available to tribes that have dozens of sets of egg layers they need in order to reach the “goal” of beating a boss with their tiny tribe.   You know, because at the end of the day, it doesn’t matter if you have a tribe of 2 or 200, it still takes a lot of tames to get to that point, and giving small tribes that haven’t yet beat a boss the ability to store some of the dinos would benefit EVERYONE on the server.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Ranger1 said:

Actually, no, it’s not profitable at all. If someone has the ability to craft cryo items it’s unlikely any tribe that lacks the ability to do so has anything they would need. Large tribes have gachas for everything and are mostly concerned with farming element and seldom have time to worry about making cryo for tribes that don’t have anything they need. More often than not, tribes selling cryo are doing it as favor and charity because it’s more inconvenient than profitable.

New content and reworks are great, however that isn't going to make the game any better when it can barely be played as-is. I'm a newcomer to the game and I LOVE it. But I'm already considering quitting due to the abundant amount of lag. I've died, losing tames and gear due to a lag spike which happens every few minutes even with only 15 players online. WC, please fix the servers. It's sad when a private server runs perfectly, but official ones don't.

And to all the players out there hailing new content, I urge you to also push for the game to be FIXED FIRST rather than fall into line with gimmicks of content while WC ignores the problems. Ark is like a leaky pipe, and they just keep adding water pressure to it. It's going to burst, and the game, new content or not, won't mean squat when droves of players quit. PLEASE FIX THE SERVERS FIRST!

• Like 1

I don't understand the rush to open extinction servers to transfer. Hasn't it only been 60 days? You are robbing the fun of playing the game on this new map. There is no way to build up, develop breeding lines, acquire prints and items, etc in this short amount of time. So now you are going to open it up for long established tribes to show up with high level tames, 375 melee gigas, etc and just run over any server they want. Why not let the map develop and allow the players to progress in a way to catch up to everyone else? Maybe throw in a few 2x or 3x breeding events to speed evolution up a little bit. I think you really missed an opportunity here by opening the map too early.

Edited by JGAR320

Okay guys I know that people complain about a lot of bugs but I found a pretty good solution if you play single player or host a non dedicated session I use it a lot its backups just go into the steam apps folder and find ark then shooter game then saves it looks something like this C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\ARK\ShooterGame\Saved\SavedArksLocal then copy the island file from there to another location and just keep it up to date and every time the game glitches and wrecks your progress just move the island file and replace the island file in ark saves. Should help people make some real progress. 

Edited by Inquirer

I spent the whole last year collecting all these different types of eggs and I still have creatures I want to tame. Whoever thought changing the kibble around needs to be fired that was the best part of Ark the kibble chain.  There's literally no point of playing Ark anymore if you take away the kibble chain because now you won't be able to go get horns from the death worm so you can get Mantis eggs so you can tame Rock Elementals... That's just one of the many examples of the chain of events that won't happen if you mess with the kibble chain. You're taking away stuff that we need to do in the game and giving us less to do.

Edited by Danakin810p

8 hours ago, ArkP1 said:

Actually, no, it’s not profitable at all. If someone has the ability to craft cryo items it’s unlikely any tribe that lacks the ability to do so has anything they would need. Large tribes have gachas for everything and are mostly concerned with farming element and seldom have time to worry about making cryo for tribes that don’t have anything they need. More often than not, tribes selling cryo are doing it as favor and charity because it’s more inconvenient than profitable.

I have no problem if WC decides to make Cryo items more available.  However I find your stance fairly amusing.  If an "advanced" tribe can't figure out how to make selling the HIGHLY desired Cryo items in a way beneficial to their tribes (whether that be in acquiring variety of raw materials so that they no longer need to bother with it, or even simply making their gameplay experience better by the resultant reduction in server lag and alleviating tame cap as a problem) then simply put they're doing it wrong.  ?

But you do you.

Edited by Ranger1
  • Like 1

• Volunteer Moderator
3 minutes ago, blargzilla said:

Where's the update? You said by end of week....it's Friday...but Atlass has had 2 patches this week...I guess Wildcard forgot about Ark....again....I'm tired of this BS! The community manager needs to be FIRED because your communication SUCKS!!!

It's not the Community Manager that needs to be fired, you just need to read the OP properly.

Firstly, there is no update coming, there is a beta build coming for S+ and Kibble changes. A Beta build is a completely different server from the official servers, so it's not an update coming to the base game this week, it is the testing build.

Second, the end of the week is Sunday so the week is not over yet.