Community Crunch 163: Structures Plus & Kibble Rework Beta This Week!

Jen

1 hour ago, Aylana314159 said:

I did read Orionsun's post. Which is exactly why I said WC should allow his mod(s) to go open source or at least be handed off to a responsible mod author(s) to be maintained. But those are WC's decisions not Orionsun's and we have no information.

With abandoned mods, it always possible a game update will break some part of the mod.

And its going to be something he will deliver by their final decision, so we won't know until then.

2 hours ago, Zahlea said:

Something I just noticed... The image shows railings on the ramps, but that is not mentioned in the change list. I wonder if the railings are coming as well?

I actually hope not, because if one looks closely, they see that the railings are not new models but only the original model rotated:

image.thumb.png.c521b9e9896e471ecaa33b11e715ebe1.png

This looks a bit weird, not to mention it doesn't meld very well with the railings on the ceilings. If I compare it to how S+ does it (see image below), where the railings have new models that meld well (or, at least, better) with railings on ceilings, I do hope they get an extra iteration :)

C213FC5266CAB154BBA0AD9D0A9E57A01C0B6B92

It was done with fence support, which judging by the looks of it, is a hastily patched up version of dynamic adjustment of railings model, since it just rotates and not adjust.

15 minutes ago, Vaculity said:

And its going to be something he will deliver by their final decision, so we won't know until then.

We don't know WC decision or if they have made a decision. Which is why I showing support for S+ (plat+ etc) going open source. This would be a huge benefit to the modding community. 

Tons of unofficial servers and single player games depend on the S+ mod. It's the most subscribed mod in the workshop.

This brings another thought - maybe an engram rework in the future? With there being so many different building part variations, especially now with the triangular parts being added (don't get me wrong, that's great!), a lot of engram points go into speccing buildings.

What about grouping together certain items into one engram? A simple example would be an engram sloped wood wall which, when learned, would allow the player to craft both left and right sloped wood walls.

Of course, there could be other granularities, where for instance an engram wooden wall could teach the player how to craft all wooden walls: wooden wall, sloped wood wall left, sloped wood wall right.

Edited by Zahlea

@Jen Howdy and how goes it. So back in November you claimed the team was busy fixing primitive plus on the PlayStation4. So when will they start? Cause it is 2019 now and still no drops appearing on official aberration, don't know about the rest been stuck on aberration for close to 4 months now with no way to transfer out. Oh and could we also get Center and Extinction as well and maybe a couple North American servers that don't suffer from constant 180-200 pings.  Oh and the forgotten people over on the Official No Tame ps4 servers would also like Extinction and Center added to their cluster too.

Thank you you for your time.

Edited by ThePryBar

If you guys look closer they said extensions that means TLCs and yes MORE DLCS! Yeah I knew that extinction wasn’t the last and I’m guessing a map just a huge ark filled with water and a few islands and be able to plant trees. Now that’s what I think they might do or add SotF to consoles and there giving s+ to pc for them to test then other platforms will be able to try out and test. Just remember this is what I think will happen.

On 1/8/2019 at 5:19 PM, ArkP1 said:

...snip...

It was already a major disappointment to require the replicator to craft the cryofridge and pods, which is keeping a lot of players from alleviating server lag for lack of access on some servers. Taking away the current kibble system would be crippling for new players and a major setback for existing players that will then have to waste extra time obtaining the rare or non-existent resources the augmented kibble requires. Just keep the old kibble and add the new, what’s the problem with that?

Completely agree that the cyro frdige is locked to people that have done the boss fight atleast once. I have been lucky and made good alliance with another tribe (PVE) and they made the fridges and some pods and also raptor clause dropped a load.

I dont think it would be too much to put it into fabricator class for the the fridge and pods.

Something just came to my mind. Will we still have access to official server if we have that beta installed?

11 hours ago, Jipsei said:

will there be changes to the stacking in consle?or atlist the option to change it?

Not stated.

10 hours ago, Zahlea said:

This brings another thought - maybe an engram rework in the future? With there being so many different building part variations, especially now with the triangular parts being added (don't get me wrong, that's great!), a lot of engram points go into speccing buildings.

What about grouping together certain items into one engram? A simple example would be an engram sloped wood wall which, when learned, would allow the player to craft both left and right sloped wood walls.

Of course, there could be other granularities, where for instance an engram wooden wall could teach the player how to craft all wooden walls: wooden wall, sloped wood wall left, sloped wood wall right.

Given how they work, i doubt this will be taken into consderaton, hence the tribe or bp reason.

8 hours ago, InfernoRodan said:

One thing I'm curious about is if creatures that currently don't have a kibble (or kibble equivalent) for taming them, like scorpions and Parasaurs, will finally get one with this kibble rework.  It'd be real nice to finally get legitimate perfect tames on them.

Doubt it. If they have no kibble, it probably will stay that way.

7 hours ago, Mustangmilkyway1342 said:

When will S+ be available for the console versions for Ark?

Aak the mod maker. Oh wait, he has no plans for it.

7 hours ago, TylerRundle said:

they should add tek translator were you can see all the Dino levels and locations 

Too broken in vanilla gameplay.

7 hours ago, Dhowell117 said:

Eventually  would we get the S+ Mutator and the Hatchery in a future update?  

Nope.

7 hours ago, DJNick2006NUK3 said:

If you guys look closer they said extensions that means TLCs and yes MORE DLCS! Yeah I knew that extinction wasn’t the last and I’m guessing a map just a huge ark filled with water and a few islands and be able to plant trees. Now that’s what I think they might do or add SotF to consoles and there giving s+ to pc for them to test then other platforms will be able to try out and test. Just remember this is what I think will happen.

Now where did you spring that assumption that thry will add more dlc? Tlc is in question but dlc? How.

6 hours ago, Tronguyjones said:

FOR ABERRATION:

I noticed that not a single aberration dino will drop "extra large eggs". Please don't release this and leave the ab players 2 weeks behind. 

Creatures that should drop extra large

Spino, basilisk, rock drake, and maybe megalo?

We will only know if thet add that kibble set to those eggs when the beta goes live.

3 hours ago, M4gician said:

It would be great if we could do Boss Fights from Transmitter. When it came out it was possible but removed.

I just hate the overloaded Obelisks. Yesterday I saw a Bronto directly on the Platform. Doing Bossfights that way is very hard. 

Also waiting till a beacon comes down isnt very practically.

Unfoetunately i doubt they will change it back, long as there are immoral player there sending other peoples dino to oblivion with it even under offline protection.

• Volunteer Moderator
32 minutes ago, Vaculity said:

Something just came to my mind. Will we still have access to official server if we have that beta installed?

That's a very good question. I assume they will add servers running on that branch specifically. Being able to play on the actual servers is very unlikely as the client<->server versions won't match.

31 minutes ago, Vaculity said:

Now where did you spring that assumption that thry will add more dlc? Tlc is in question but dlc? How.

Although this is not a promise for anything, they are probably referring to:

On 12/6/2018 at 10:29 PM, Jesse said:

Wildcard will continue to support and expand ARK over the years to come bringing new features, fixes, and expansions into the game.

Just wow. They add and rework content  for what, new bugs? I literally just LOST ALL MY TAMES BECAUSE A RAPTOR JUMPED ME THROUGH A METAL FRIGGEN WALL and the tames were indoors and passive. Give me a break wildcard, this game is hard enough as it is and we still have to work against all your stupid glitches and bugs. I LITERALLY LOSE STUFF ALL THE TIME BECAUSE THE SIMPLEST MECHANISMS DONT EVEN WORK IN THIS GAME. THIS GAME IS RUINED FOR XBOX PLAYERS I CANT WAIT TO MOVE ON TO RUST. Go ahead and flag my post you worthless admins, kiss my arse too be cause your game is GARBAGE and I can't believe any of you think this is even a slightly acceptable finished game. Friggen hell you guys, I already know 20 of my live friends that GAVE UP ON YOUR GARBAGE. That's sad. Just lost another 5 players tonight because my tribe is done and sick of all this nonsensical b.s. and poor  excuse for gaming software. YOU BUNCH OF HACKS!! Kiss my arse again admin, I know where to complain about bugs. But guess what? WILDCARD DOESNT ANSWER THEIR FANBASE EVER.

For god sake guys, of course they will change the recipe of aug kibbles before implementing them!

So much yada yada for something obvious. They know that even in ext, people aren't using them.

I got the "advancing gameplay" points, but there are still tribes who have so many dinos, even when the server have public egg farms. It's a matter of time to cap the servers again without this solution.

And you know what? Every MMO game after many years tends to easy their gameplay. You all love Gachas, right? Me too. The kibble rework is only another point of this. And you know it.

Besides that, I see people who already have a solid base whining about the "grinding gameplay". You already have all the stuffs, pal! Tell me you're about to kill all your dinos because you like to "start from zero" and then you got a point.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Vaculity said:
17 hours ago, Zahlea said:

Given how they work, i doubt this will be taken into consderaton, hence the tribe or bp reason.

Agreed, I did think about that. As my understanding of the system is, they have engrams that are craftable and when you learn an engram you unlock/add it to be craftable. What I'm thinking is a split and if my understanding is at all close to the reality, I was thinking it could be done with minimal changes like so:

When you level up, you don't learn engrams anymore, but something new... let's call it a skill. When you learn a skill, it will unlock/add one or multiple engrams to be craftable.

That way, the "only" change that needs to be done is in the "engram-learning stage". Or do you see further issues with that idea, that I'm missing?

14 hours ago, Mustangmilkyway1342 said:

When will S+ be available for the console versions for Ark?

Aak the mod maker. Oh wait, he has no plans for it.

Not the mod maker's fault, I think. As I understand it, consoles don't allow mods unless they are DLC. Also: I think the question was "when will the S+ integration be available for the console versions for Ark?" and to that I don't have a good answer, but I confidently guess not before it's out of beta on PC. So for you on console, look for the changes to get out of beta and I believe you'll get it at the same time or not too far after :)

14 hours ago, TylerRundle said:

they should add tek translator were you can see all the Dino levels and locations 

Too broken in vanilla gameplay.

Really? In what way? I was actually really hoping for this...

14 hours ago, Dhowell117 said:

Eventually  would we get the S+ Mutator and the Hatchery in a future update?  

Nope.

Agreed - all those NPCs in S+ I believe to be too automated for the devs to be interested in integrating them in vanilla.

2 hours ago, Zahlea said:

Really? In what way? I was actually really hoping for this...

The main point is the blood sweat tears of finding a high level wild either for taming or killing. If they had the intention of making it incredibly easy they would've added this, but they didn't.

Plus, some random people will come and jack away the wild from you.