Community Crunch 163: Structures Plus & Kibble Rework Beta This Week!

Jen

13 hours ago, e4envy said:

Something I've been wondering, with the kibble rework, how does this take into account requested kibbles during imprinting? Are babies just going to request any one of the random kibble qualities, or a specific one relative to their species' preferred kibble - i.e. will baby rexes ask for any sort of kibble, such as those that could be made from dodo eggs, quetz eggs, raptor eggs, all different sizes or will they only ask for kibble that matches the pulminoscorpius kibble (regularly used for rex taming)?

Also, about the S+ integration, say I prefer some features that aren't being integrated or changed for main-game implementation, will the actual S+ mod still take precedence over the integration features or will there be conflicts?

ThAt's a great question, they didn't really talk about imprinting which of course is a big deal.  If the babies still ask for all sorts of random kibble folks will still be taming different dinos.  That being said, it could offer a unique opportunity for trading with other tribes on your server.

8 hours ago, PreshusRoze said:

Kibble Tree Question:

Will the eggs of Snow Owls, Velonasaurs, Rock Drakes, and Wyverns be put into the new tree?
The current [Extinction] Augmented kibble tree does not include them (per gamepedia's current Egg Size list).

@Jen

I sure hope so!  They are pretty worthless right now and it would make sense to start using them!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Khriss said:

once again the test will be done on PC. As if they really needed to test it. The consoles are still put back and we would have had a better judgment and finally a pleasure to test this but we still have to wait. I'm not here to spit on PC players but I find this PC test completely useless and devaluing for us console players. The MOD S+ is existing and we ask them to test it? 

I think you are forgetting that Microsoft and Sony are a serious pain to deal with for beta type downloads like this.  PC is so much easier because there isn't a certification process.  Just makes more sense this way IMO.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, UncivilizedBehaviour said:

I do not care for these kibble changes. The old way created a progression that you had to follow. It created focus and gave players goals. 

3 hours ago, ArkP1 said:

Wait... “old kibble will no longer be craftable?!?” Why not? I’m really not happy about having to turn all my stored eggs into kibble before the rework. I like the ADDITION of the new kibbles, I don’t like the idea of taking the old kibble away. Besides, where do players on the island, scorched, ragnarok and the center get dust, red & blue sap? Please keep the old kibble recipes and just add the new ones. 

I agree with these guys. I don't care if you want to add a new kibble system but leave the old kibbles be! I love that sense of progression and in a game about taming various prehistoric and mythical beasts, you're trying to convince people to tame less just to ease your poor servers. You're biting gameplay for hardware, which has no bearing on the singleplayer or server with friends niche of gameplay. Leave old kibble alone, as well as implement the new kibble system. Or make a setting in the ini files that can let you choose whether to use the old or new system, with default set to new. I think that would help further tailor private experiences to players and you can keep your new kibble tree on your official servers. 

26 minutes ago, GLorionTanks said:

This change is taking away my favorite aspect of the game. No more reason for me to play with the kibble rework. I like the progression of the kibble chains. Thanks WC! Time to go find a new game to sink my 1500 hours into. 

Can i have all your eggs before you leave, i will make use of them ;) 

I am really looking forward to the new kibble system as being solo its a pain and hardwork for me to take 250 kibble dino's fort the time i have to play.

with this new system i can keep a small selection of each size which are easiest to tame for solo an dkibble tame the bigger/difficult tames easier. 

I cant wait to get the new building items, im now going to hold off on building new workshop building till this is released and practice with it in SP first.

Ark is ridiculous. You can spend a FULL MONTH building a base, grabbing up tames, have insane defenses and you’ll still be WIPED in less than five minutes by ONE PERSON on a OP Magnamr. That doesn’t even make sense, for the amount of time you have to spend tamin and farming only to be wiped in 5 minutes by rockets and DLC tames that have no business being on The Island. You’re literally ruining this game for any newcomers by allowing alpha tribe members to go through multiple servers solo wiping everyone. There is ZERO BLANCE between how long it takes to build up and how fast you will lose it all. You will literally put in 150 hrs on a build only to be wiped by one person in 5 minutes. It’s not even worth it for anyone trying the game out for the first time because you won’t even be allowed to have a thatch base in any server. I’ve been on and off playing ark since day one and now I just give up because you will literally GO NOWHERE IN THIS GAME BECAUSE OF EVERY RAID HAVING OVERPOWERED TAMES AND ROCKETS AND AS LONG AS THEY CONTINUE TO ALLOW TRANFERS, ALPHA TRIBES WILL GO THROUGH WIPING EVERYONE.. DO NOT BUY THIS GAME!!!!!

2 hours ago, Lowly said:

They are reworking the kibble try, why do you need to convert all your eggs into old kibble, dodo kibble takes 3 things but after a kibble rework it will be used to make simple augmented kibble that will likely be able to tame 15 to 20 things, making it more usable, also they will most likely change the requested kibble on imprints to the new list too

The augmented kibble is a hassle, at the moment. Right now, I have the ingredients to make any kibble I have an egg for. If they implemented the new kibble system and made it impossible to craft the old kibble, I wouldn’t be able to kibble-tame anything. The augmented kibble requires additional resources that I only have on Extinction, and given the extra work required, I haven’t used the augmented kibble on anything on that map either. I use the alternative kibbles already available, or mutton when that’s not an option. 

Also, transferring anything (in or out) of Aberration is so inconvenient, it would basically ruin that map completely. I’m lucky to even find one dust gacha, and I don’t want to have to send it to a map that won’t even let me have an owl there. I would also like to know if I can use red & blue gems for the augmented kibble. I know that you can use red & blue sap in the place of gems, but does it work the other way?

It was already a major disappointment to require the replicator to craft the cryofridge and pods, which is keeping a lot of players from alleviating server lag for lack of access on some servers. Taking away the current kibble system would be crippling for new players and a major setback for existing players that will then have to waste extra time obtaining the rare or non-existent resources the augmented kibble requires. Just keep the old kibble and add the new, what’s the problem with that?

• Like 1

Dear Jen & Team,

please do not forget about the most important feature of S+.

""""""The Hitching Post.""""""

This is probably the easiest and most wanted fix ever.  It solves all the complaints about glitching i guess and saves you and your team a ton of time spending on rendering / glitch work.

Iam playing "vanilla" Ark and i am so tired of gathering my pteranodons everytime i log on or i come back to my base and put them back into cage. Assuming they survived the outbreak ....

They are in a closed building , but still glitch out all the time. This View Distance / Clipping / Glitching / Rendering Issue

is there since the very first days of Ark.

Hear our Prayers.

best regards

brownie12

PS. is  DX12 Implementation dead?

53 minutes ago, ArkP1 said:

It was already a major disappointment to require the replicator to craft the cryofridge and pods, which is keeping a lot of players from alleviating server lag for lack of access on some servers. Taking away the current kibble system would be crippling for new players and a major setback for existing players that will then have to waste extra time obtaining the rare or non-existent resources the augmented kibble requires. Just keep the old kibble and add the new, what’s the problem with that?

You need to find players like me who have the replicator and offer to make the fridges and pods for anyone who has the mats.  All I ask is that they bring everything to me.  And if they do not have the element I ask for a fee for the element I have to use.  Which so far everyone has been fine with paying 200 ingots for the use of it.

7 minutes ago, Dasham86 said:

You need to find players like me who have the replicator and offer to make the fridges and pods for anyone who has the mats.  All I ask is that they bring everything to me.  And if they do not have the element I ask for a fee for the element I have to use.  Which so far everyone has been fine with paying 200 ingots for the use of it.

I have 3 fridges, almost all of which are full. However, other players on the server are asking for pods & fridge almost everyday, and no one is responding. It’s just too much a hassle and players that don’t have element don’t really have anything a large tribe with gachas even needs. Besides, players shouldn’t have to rely so heavily on large tribes for something intended to alleviate server lag.

Could we please have the s+ hatchery i know that its OP  but maybe to balance it just make it pick up eggs and nothing more.
It would be very handy, mainly cause most ppl dont want to stay a bunch of time keeping a watch on eggs for them not to spoil(and to pick them up).

Even if its not added i still love this game

Keep the good work guys i have never spent so much time in a game before :)

PS: the Portuguese translation for the artifact of the massive isnt "amorfo" but instead "massivo". Trust me im Portuguese and I speak fluent English i know what im talking about

Edited by TNTKiller2001