breeding Breeding challenge-8 is enough

Sativa420

Hello fellow survivors!

Let me first say this is in NO WAY, a sale page or about selling dinos,my animals go to my other bases or alliance members or it's a custom order.

This is strictly a fun challenge to do,.

I posted this in the breeding and trading section but I realized not everyone has access and I want/hoping, that this will be something fun we can all participate in.

I love Ark, I love my dinos and I love breeding,raising baby dinos more than just about anything.

( please guys keep this fun and lighthearted, we don't need anyone saying tek troughs are the way to go, or you could raise 20  or 30.

I'm sure there are many people out there that can, myself included.

But I wanted this challenge to be a little difficult for someone not set up/geared to handle a lot of babies and still fun for those that like lots of babies.) 

There are so many games where the community participates in different challenges just for fun. 

So the challenge is this ------------------->

We pick our most favorite dinos and breed 8 of them at once.

And post pics along the journey from egg/pregnant female, all the way to the adult.

It doesn't have to require a lot of work, just a pic of each phase. so 4 pics. ( you can always add more pics if you like!)

Conception

baby

Juvi

Adult

(skipping adolescent because they look almost like the adults)

I'm not a high tek breeder, I'm just now getting into the tek tier so most of the things I use are normal things everyone can use.

Regular troughs, fridges and air conditioners.

I have so many favorite dinos that it's hard to decide which to do first!

I hope you guys will join in the fun!

(added a pic of my last thyla babies. I had about 10 or so if I remember.)

20181117071000_1.jpg

Ooooo, I wish I had taken pics of my almost 10 Rock Drakes I just raised over the weekend lol!  That was alot of fun running down on a reaper, grabbing handfulls of eggs and finally watching them grow up.  I DO however, have 8 or so Featherlights in pods that i'll be opening up later tonight.  I'll take pics and share em when I get home, probably do some Spinos too.  I'm on a 6x Breeding rates server though, so I hope you'll still enjoy the display anyways.

Pink babeez! So cute. ❤️

This sounds like such fun, and a little scary at the same time. I'm v-e-r-y new at this and yes I am just getting my 'sea legs' in Ark so no tek anything.

But sign me up, I'm so willing to do something fun. I just have to figure out who or what I'll be able to tame (without dying of course) haha.

On 1/8/2019 at 11:02 PM, Beladi said:

Pink babeez! So cute. ❤️

This sounds like such fun, and a little scary at the same time. I'm v-e-r-y new at this and yes I am just getting my 'sea legs' in Ark so no tek anything.

But sign me up, I'm so willing to do something fun. I just have to figure out who or what I'll be able to tame (without dying of course) haha.

Thanks so much!  I've had the flu so my breeding was delayed plus I'm making owl eggs. I think I'm going to do 8 snow owls.

On 1/7/2019 at 7:11 PM, Sativa420 said:

Hello fellow survivors!

Let me first say this is in NO WAY, a sale page or about selling dinos,my animals go to my other bases or alliance members or it's a custom order.

This is strictly a fun challenge to do,.

I posted this in the breeding and trading section but I realized not everyone has access and I want/hoping, that this will be something fun we can all participate in.

I love Ark, I love my dinos and I love breeding,raising baby dinos more than just about anything.

( please guys keep this fun and lighthearted, we don't need anyone saying tek troughs are the way to go, or you could raise 20  or 30.

I'm sure there are many people out there that can, myself included.

But I wanted this challenge to be a little difficult for someone not set up/geared to handle a lot of babies and still fun for those that like lots of babies.) 

There are so many games where the community participates in different challenges just for fun. 

So the challenge is this ------------------->

We pick our most favorite dinos and breed 8 of them at once.

And post pics along the journey from egg/pregnant female, all the way to the adult.

It doesn't have to require a lot of work, just a pic of each phase. so 4 pics. ( you can always add more pics if you like!)

Conception

baby

Juvi

Adult

(skipping adolescent because they look almost like the adults)

I'm not a high tek breeder, I'm just now getting into the tek tier so most of the things I use are normal things everyone can use.

Regular troughs, fridges and air conditioners.

I have so many favorite dinos that it's hard to decide which to do first!

I hope you guys will join in the fun!

(added a pic of my last thyla babies. I had about 10 or so if I remember.)

20181117071000_1.jpg

Lol 8 whole dinos at once lol

You crazy man got too sleep .

Lol nah only joking you should see my tribe with tek troughs all over .

20 gigss Or 30 stegos and rexs etc are not 8ncommon

1 hour ago, DauntingBeef08 said:

i struggle to do more than 1 or 2 at a time. is it something im doing wrong ?

Do people have a breeding area with troughs that are out of range of everything else. how many troughs to people have for breeding and also do you try and cook it all first or just mix and match raw and cooked

You can separate them if you like but it mostly comes down to proper planning.  For food, only use one kind of meat as tamed dinos will only eat the worst kind available.  So if you mix raw and cooked meat, the cooked will get eaten while the raw spoils.  For short term breeding (aka, you're online to take care of them) use raw meat to save on resources, but have meat cooking so that you can switch it out when you're ready to go offline.

Now for the rest, I may not fully understand the complexity of how much meat you'll need since I run on 6x breeding speed (should be normal food consumption) but while online a trough full of cooked meat lost about 25 stacks an hour with 8 spinos + several featherlights growing up.  Also, an overnight stay without any babies causes about 10 - 15 cooked meat to spoil overnight, thus to last that long you would need to cover about 200 stacks of cooked meat, or two S+ troughs (I think regulars hold less, can't remember) plus add another full trough to cover the fact that some of your meat will spoil for a grand total of 300 stacks of cooked meat, or 9,000 pieces.   A few more could be added if you like to add security if you'll be offline longer

Lastly, behold my Featherlight babies!   err...Juviniles, i took the picture too late lol.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1621043005

34 minutes ago, TheBlastMage said:

You can separate them if you like but it mostly comes down to proper planning.  For food, only use one kind of meat as tamed dinos will only eat the worst kind available.  So if you mix raw and cooked meat, the cooked will get eaten while the raw spoils.  For short term breeding (aka, you're online to take care of them) use raw meat to save on resources, but have meat cooking so that you can switch it out when you're ready to go offline.

Now for the rest, I may not fully understand the complexity of how much meat you'll need since I run on 6x breeding speed (should be normal food consumption) but while online a trough full of cooked meat lost about 25 stacks an hour with 8 spinos + several featherlights growing up.  Also, an overnight stay without any babies causes about 10 - 15 cooked meat to spoil overnight, thus to last that long you would need to cover about 200 stacks of cooked meat, or two S+ troughs (I think regulars hold less, can't remember) plus add another full trough to cover the fact that some of your meat will spoil for a grand total of 300 stacks of cooked meat, or 9,000 pieces.   A few more could be added if you like to add security if you'll be offline longer

Lastly, behold my Featherlight babies!   err...Juviniles, i took the picture too late lol.

Im on Xbox official servers so its 1x breeding and hatching. 2x collecting at weekends which helps meat collecting.

also no s+ which means only 60 slots per trough

On 1/11/2019 at 3:05 AM, DauntingBeef08 said:

i struggle to do more than 1 or 2 at a time. is it something im doing wrong ?

Do people have a breeding area with troughs that are out of range of everything else. how many troughs to people have for breeding and also do you try and cook it all first or just mix and match raw and cooked

I did a few at a time, but now it's not hard. I do have a separate area I use and they stay there until adolescent. I use meat, raw, cooked, jerky etc. It depends on the babies I'm raising and I keep a supply of extra food in the fridges.

On 1/11/2019 at 6:27 AM, DauntingBeef08 said:

Im on Xbox official servers so its 1x breeding and hatching. 2x collecting at weekends which helps meat collecting.

also no s+ which means only 60 slots per trough

I don't even remember how many slots troughs have, we have just the regular ones on official. nothing tek yet. I have them but we aren't ready to start moving over to 

tek power yet.

I usually plan to breed or hatch on the weekend so I get the bonus x2 to harvesting.

On 1/11/2019 at 4:15 AM, SmokeyB said:

Lol 8 whole dinos at once lol

You crazy man got too sleep .

Lol nah only joking you should see my tribe with tek troughs all over .

20 gigss Or 30 stegos and rexs etc are not 8ncommon

hi there,

Yes as I said in my initial post,I'm sure many can have 20 or 30 or 100 myself included,that isn't the point of this at all I just wanted to have a bit of fun.

it's not for the monster tribes etc or someone with a mega set up.

It's just for FUN, and lots of people aren't there yet. so making a  30 baby challenge would exclude more than it would include.

Thanks for commenting though, have an awesome day.

On 1/11/2019 at 5:47 AM, TheBlastMage said:

all good advice, I do have a separate area for my babies and they stay there til adolescents but that's just me. I LOVE the pic of the featherlights!! they are soooo adorable. I want to hatch some now LOL!

Hello again fellow survivors!

Ok, so I've been taking care of my hubby who was out of work for 3 days with Bronchitis.. then he gave it to ME.. so I've been down awhile with it.

I'm really sorry I haven't posted my eggs etc sooner. ( I even lost part of a small base and a golem I just couldn't keep up with everything.)

Again the rules are simple--------- pick a dino you want babies of --- have 8 of them and post pics along the way.

Be Nice to each other, helpful information is always appreciated but let's do it in a nice way if possible? not everyone

has the wonderful tek etc that some do. I'm just getting into it myself. I love ark and this community is so awesome. I just want us to have some fun!

Anyway, I'm starting to feel better so I am ready to start my challenge!

My specs are simple, normal troughs, I use fridges and a mix of meats to get through the night.

Raw when I'm there until they can hold enough to leave them for small bits of time, then I switch to part raw part cooked

so it doesn't spoil as fast in the babies.

Once they are on trough--- it's smooth sailing from there.

Again raw if I am at the base or close, cooked and Jerky at night when I need sleep.  Everyone will do things slightly different

this is just how I do it.

Normal official server, nothing extra.

It took me a few days to get enough eggs, I only have one snow owl female at the moment, I've

been unlucky and gotten boys a few times.

But now I finally have 8 eggs!! I've already incubated( cooked) them down to about 10 minutes.

Parents: Ariel and Perseus 

The eggs are on the right-- I'm also incubating eggs to do the challenge with other kinds

of dinos.

The crazy part of me wants to do 8 babies of 8 different dinos. But I know that would be too much ?

Perseus.jpg

Ariel.jpg

terror snow.jpg

Archived