Update about kibble news eta

ZippedS0larius

Your kibbles won't be useless. They will be grouped to 6 categories with different effectivness depending on creature you would like to tame. This change would allow you to tame creatures you want without forcing you tame useless dinosaurs for kibble farming only. 

It sad it took Wildcard 3 years to implement such basic kibble rework but it's better late than never. However I don't have much hope this will be beginning of treating players' feedback seriously. 

3 hours ago, Lewiatan said:

Your kibbles won't be useless. They will be grouped to 6 categories with different effectivness depending on creature you would like to tame. This change would allow you to tame creatures you want without forcing you tame useless dinosaurs for kibble farming only. 

It sad it took Wildcard 3 years to implement such basic kibble rework but it's better late than never. However I don't have much hope this will be beginning of treating players' feedback seriously. 

Thats funny because I have the exact opposite feeling. It feels like to me (being very active since release) that this is the only time it feels like they might actually take our feedback seriously

1 hour ago, d1nk said:

Thats funny because I have the exact opposite feeling. It feels like to me (being very active since release) that this is the only time it feels like they might actually take our feedback seriously

We shall see if they keep treating our feedback seriously. We were suppoused to get weekly bug fixes too; it didn't last long either. 

1 hour ago, AngrySaltire said:

I mean I guess it is, but if it shapes up to be like the Extinction kibble system I dont see why you would want to keep the old system.

I've not read up on it much but im worried about a few things.

For one im still in the middle of learning the old system. Just used dodo kibble to grab a super high level ptera and dilo kibble for very good doed. Quite exciting.

So I'd rather not reset and relearn stuff halfway through.

Secondly im concerned that it'll reduce the complexity and difficulty of the whole system. If i can just use my highest "tier" dino that lays eggs fast to tame whatever, it'll remove a LOT of gameplay.

Why go out and tame specific and potentially tricky dinos when i can just grab more paras or whatever spawns around the base?

It'll permit me to stay in my comfort zone more.

I quite enjoy the step-like tame hierarchy with multiple paths.

13 minutes ago, Oldster said:

Secondly im concerned that it'll reduce the complexity and difficulty of the whole system. If i can just use my highest "tier" dino that lays eggs fast to tame whatever, it'll remove a LOT of gameplay.

Why go out and tame specific and potentially tricky dinos when i can just grab more paras or whatever spawns around the base?

It'll permit me to stay in my comfort zone more.

I quite enjoy the step-like tame hierarchy with multiple paths.

To fair I can understand the loss of complexity argument, I liked the kibble tree in the early days until it got out of hand ....

If extinction is anything to go by it will not be a case of highest teir eggs tames all and there will be still be a step teir heirachry. A quick look at what tame what in Extinction will give an insight. For example, a managarmr (a high teir tame if you will) will ask for the execptional and extraordinary kibble (high teir kibble) and only that kibble. However looking at a low teir tame such as velonasaur (ignoring the current kibble) it will only ask for the regular augmented kibble, it will not ask for a higher quility than that i.e. exceptional or extraordinary kibble. So I think its safe to assume that to tame a raptor you'll need say a low teir kibble and cannot use a high teir kibbl. For a giga you might need a high teir kibble and can not use a low teir kibble. At least that is my understanding. Only time will tell.

1 hour ago, Oldster said:

This is really all the kibble rework will do.  Long-term, it will not reduce the number of dinos people have in any measurable way, so I'm not certain why people are so excited about the simplification of what little amount of the game could be considered "mid-game progression".

Everyone will just tame the same amount of dinos with more battle/pleasure tames filling in the slots where the old kibble dinos were.  I don't see how this is not 100% common sense knowledge of the entire ARK playerbase, as well as the entire development crew.  I've been saying this for the 3 years people have been whining for a kibble change.  Now we get it, and it's walled behind a paid-DLC or the trade forums if you don't want to buy Extinction.  I am still curious how in a few weeks (or months) when these changes go live, how all these people will want to tame or breed less dinos than they do now.

28 minutes ago, TheDonn said:

This is really all the kibble rework will do.  Long-term, it will not reduce the number of dinos people have in any measurable way, so I'm not certain why people are so excited about the simplification of what little amount of the game could be considered "mid-game progression".

Everyone will just tame the same amount of dinos with more battle/pleasure tames filling in the slots where the old kibble dinos were.  I don't see how this is not 100% common sense knowledge of the entire ARK playerbase, as well as the entire development crew.  I've been saying this for the 3 years people have been whining for a kibble change.  Now we get it, and it's walled behind a paid-DLC or the trade forums if you don't want to buy Extinction.  I am still curious how in a few weeks (or months) when these changes go live, how all these people will want to tame or breed less dinos than they do now.

For me its more about a change to the QoL, hopefully it will mean we do not need to tame a certain dino species to get kibble just to tame a single dino species. But I do agree that I doubt it will make a blind bit of difference to the tame cap especially on official.

Archived