Best Base Locations for Rock Drake and Reapers?

rcadden

Setup Aberration on a PVE CrossArk cluster with a few friends so we could go get Rock Drakes and Reapers. We want to play legit, working our way up, etc, but with a little help to be able to transfer back to our Extinction server when we want. 

On my first spawn, I came in to the Fertile Lake area and setup a 'safehouse' - just a big tek building with a behemoth gate and a tek transmitter so we could bring things over or switch back without having to hunt down a loot box. 

I hadn't played much on Aberration, so didn't realize how far away from....everything....this location is. I know there's a surface cave nearby at least, but I'm wanting to setup another safehouse somewhere that'll be easier to get to the Rock Drake nests and such. 

Any suggestions on where to put another one that would be better located for Rock Drake runs and such? We're still building bases and such - the safehouse is strictly used as a safe/reliable access to the transmitter. 

Rock drake eggs are often found at grave of thr lost, but it is a no build zone in multiplayer. There are areas near thr only path to it that can be built in for it. 

I highly recommend getting a teleporter set up if you are constantly bringing the dino up and down without relying on drakes. Using of the transmitter is a hassle for this case, plus any egg that had been put in the cloud cannot be added back to cloud once its downloaded.

• 2 weeks later...

If you follow the old railway platform/portal track(the metal bridge/structure that starts in the portal room) all the way to the point where it goes over the edge of the big cliff that leads down into blue and then red zone. That area next to the cliff is in my opinion the best area for rock drake egg runs. You can make a base in the green zone near the cliff which has metal nodes near by and other useful resources. If you go over the edge of the cliff it will drop you in blue zone and at the bottom of the cliff is the last area in red zone where there are no rads and you can build a base. If you don't have a drake then the red zone at the bottom is a good place to build and gather tames(you will need a ravager to get up/down the cliff). If you do have a drake then build at the top of the cliff in green zone and just glide down. I can go from green to drake caverns in about 30 sec and getting back out only takes a min or two.                          Good hunting!

• 3 weeks later...

I built at the top of mushroom forest edge 4 spawn zone. There is a large area that overlooks the blue. When I go hunting for either I jump off the ledge where my base is and can fly down straight into the drakes or take a right flying down and enter the queen zone. Don't have the coords handy but I can edit this with them. This spot is good if you already have drakes though otherwise its a bit of a walk on foot. The blue area right below my base is another good spot its puts you at the rivers that lead into the red on foot.

• 3 months later...

Archived