Gacha Taming, DodoDex is wrong!

Melcreif

I tamed some Gacha's this weekend and the numbers in DodoDex aren't correct.  I'm guessing that WC changed them. I also saw a post where a guy tamed a 150 Gacha on 2X with 80 Cooking Pots.  I tried a level 90 Gacha this weekend with 120 and I ran out and had to finish her with stone.  Anyone else seeing that they are taking more to tame these?  What are folks using now that's working well for them?  I also tried testing it in Single Player, but it was still taking more mats on Official then on Single Player for some reason which I thought was strange.

1 hour ago, Lycan187u said:

Electrical  cables count as metal structure  use these to tame ;)

Yep they do. I've been told the qty is more dependent on the amount of XP you receive from crafting something vs just any old thing will do though so not sure how many cables would actually do the trick, plus trying it in single player doesn't seem to be working right for some reason so maybe there's more to it.

7 minutes ago, shadowkyuubi said:

I use snow owl poop since the number of it on dododex is correct 

The issues I see with using Snow Owl Pellets is the efficiency isn't great, plus I feed the pellets to my already tamed Gacha's to get stuff. Unless using War maps for feeding Gacha's is still a thing I won't really have any to tame with.  But even if it is, the efficiency isn't great.

1 hour ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

On 2x I can tame a 150 Gacha to 71 levels using 100 stone foundations dropped in stacks of 20. I was happy with that. Did it twice. Same result both times.

Have used stone foundations with a couple event Gacha's, lower levels, and they both tamed out with over 94% efficiency as well.

You got me curious Ye, I wanna test 20 at a time instead of 10 on singleplayer now!  Been doing 10 because it works great, but if 20 is better, so be it!  hahahaha

41 minutes ago, TheDonn said:

You got me curious Ye, I wanna test 20 at a time instead of 10 on singleplayer now!  Been doing 10 because it works great, but if 20 is better, so be it!  hahahaha

Try it with single player, then try it on official.  For some reason the results from official were different and we used the same settings.  Very odd I know, but that's what happened.  We went there with 120 cooking pots after confirming on official we'd have no issues and we ended up having to finish up the tame using stone which of course killed the efficiency.

Just now, Melcreif said:

Try it with single player, then try it on official.  For some reason the results from official were different and we used the same settings.  Very odd I know, but that's what happened.  We went there with 120 cooking pots after confirming on official we'd have no issues and we ended up having to finish up the tame using stone which of course killed the efficiency.

Can do.  I'll post my findings here, just setting up a storage/respawn shack in Sunken Forest before going out to find wild Gachas.  I like to find wild-spawns, even on singleplayer, to more correctly emulate taming them on official so if I can find one ill go with that over spawning one in.

Initial testing on a level 20 Gacha, on singleplayer, reveals that 20 is twice as fast, with better TE (less feedings always means better TE).  10 at a time came out lvl 26, 20 at a time came out 28.  At low levels that isn't a huge difference, but for high levels and big bonus cuts an extra 15% TE can go very far.

EDIT:  30 at a time does not net gains over 20 at a time, at least on SP.  Just tested that.

22 hours ago, Lycan187u said:

Electrical  cables count as metal structure  use these to tame ;)

From testing on singleplayer, cables are valued for taming less than stone fence foundations, even when thrown out in stacks of 20.  My data of ~5 tames now indicates it is a TE loss to use cables over stone fence foundations.  They weigh less though...  and are definitely above owl pellets.

EDIT:  I believe the cables being treated as wood structures in terms of what damages them is what this is all about.  Just tamed another and yeah, lower TE and longer tame/more material than using stone fences.  I think its not about the mats used to craft the item, its about what it counts as in terms of taking damage (cables are wood-damage tier).  I want to test with War Maps, which are supposedly thatch-damage tier, because they are a famous tamed-Gacha food for high-end drops.

So on singleplayer, the effectiveness listing seems to be fairly accurate when using stacks of 20 instead of 10.  To replicate the same on official will take more time and be more difficult, but I do trust singleplayer to emulate taming.

Also, War Maps at stacks of 10 are thatch-tier, while in stacks of 20 they are bumped up in TE to wood-tier.  Definitely more testing needs to be done to Gacha taming to get it down pat, but for sure, we should all use stacks of 20.  @yekrucifixion187 was right.

25 minutes ago, TheDonn said:

From testing on singleplayer, cables are valued for taming less than stone fence foundations, even when thrown out in stacks of 20.  My data of ~5 tames now indicates it is a TE loss to use cables over stone fence foundations.  They weigh less though...  and are definitely above owl pellets.

EDIT:  I believe the cables being treated as wood structures in terms of what damages them is what this is all about.  Just tamed another and yeah, lower TE and longer tame/more material than using stone fences.  I think its not about the mats used to craft the item, its about what it counts as in terms of taking damage (cables are wood-damage tier).  I want to test with War Maps, which are supposedly thatch-damage tier, because they are a famous tamed-Gacha food for high-end drops.

What I've been told is it's not about damage, but about the amount of XP granted for crafting it if that helps.  Also can confirm that the qty 10 listed with DodoDex is incorrect, this should be qty 20 which is what I've been using as well.

On 1/12/2019 at 3:47 PM, Valandil165 said:

From what I've heard/read, tek foundations are the best for taming effectiveness. Since this is mostly unpractical for a majority of people, I think the second best is greenhouse ceilings. It should only take 20 to tame a 150 on 2x. I could be wrong, bring extra just in case

So you drop 1 stack of 20 greenhouse ceilings?

On 1/12/2019 at 2:47 PM, Valandil165 said:

From what I've heard/read, tek foundations are the best for taming effectiveness. Since this is mostly unpractical for a majority of people, I think the second best is greenhouse ceilings. It should only take 20 to tame a 150 on 2x. I could be wrong, bring extra just in case

Did anyone ever test this?

Archived