Am I only one does not want thrown from mount when d/c?

Jemcrystal

On 1/7/2019 at 9:02 AM, Jemcrystal said:

I am seriously the only player in ark that does not want to be thrown from his mount with disconnected???????????????  More than anything I would ask the devs for it would be just this.  This only.  Why in the name of sweat Jesus would you want to cause this level of stress in your players?  Why???

Imagine this

You your getting ready to go off the sever for the day, but just before you leave you hop on your best flyer bring it as high as you please and disconnect,

if we could stay on flyers after disconnect imagine all the players doing that to protect their best flyer, staying on said flyer while offline protecting their bird from all dangers just to log back in to still be on that bird just to continue their day as normal

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, Jemcrystal said:

Umm, stamina drain.  If your player char is mounted and d/c the mount should be subject to a steady walk pace stam drain.  That's not hard to code in.

Then you are facing performance issues because the server now have to perform logic every frame on every creatures regardless of them being into stasis or not. True that they could implement it the same way as they did with the food using a timestamp mechanism and drain it when the actor is waking up but then you would be the first to create a "I am seriously the only player in ark that does not want to be forced to land when connected??????????????? " thread complaining about it.

A simple 'call to ground' command would be great for fliers you're not currently riding that would operate the same as the landing key when you *are* riding them. For that matter, a 'return home/call back' command would be great for any of your tames that have wandered off to outer Mongolia >_>  I have a pteranodon, 3 dilos, a moschops and a pelagornis that are somewhere out there. I'm assuming they're alive because I haven't received any messages that they've died or been killed.

On 1/9/2019 at 8:46 PM, invincibleqc said:

Then you are facing performance issues because the server now have to perform logic every frame on every creatures regardless of them being into stasis or not. True that they could implement it the same way as they did with the food using a timestamp mechanism and drain it when the actor is waking up but then you would be the first to create a "I am seriously the only player in ark that does not want to be forced to land when connected??????????????? " thread complaining about it.

LMAO qc...  But @Jemcrystal, you do seem to have a LOT of issues with the game...  I've noticed your name around the forums a lot recently.  It's not as if the VERY large number of people who have played for thousands of hours (I have 6500 hours, my tribemate has 8000, a different friend has 11000) haven't experienced and reported bugs and QOL suggestions, and that's not to say that someone who has started recently has no place to ask for changes.  It's just, all in how WildCard wants to shape the game, and 100 hours VS 10000 hours, it doesn't make a huge amount of difference.  The game is pretty playable as is.  Not everything is perfect, but not everything is woefully inadequately designed.

On 1/7/2019 at 4:43 PM, Milsurp said:

This feature was added long ago for some reason, can't remember why. But you used to stay mounted on disconnect, so when you came back you were fine and could continue on. 

Back when I had my old Xbox (when I had disconnects that weren’t on log in), I could be on a flyer, DC, log back in and I’ll be on the groud with my bird, fully confirming your point. I thought this was standard because it happened every time but clearly not dor other players.

37 minutes ago, SaltyMonkey said:

Back when I had my old Xbox (when I had disconnects that weren’t on log in), I could be on a flyer, DC, log back in and I’ll be on the groud with my bird, fully confirming your point. I thought this was standard because it happened every time but clearly not dor other players.

Maybe it was due to the unconsious mechanic instead of a flier feature, I can remember back to when the cap was put to 120, looking for quetz with friends and us dropping off when DC'd, I bet there's been tweaks to the unconcious mechanic though, maybe it didnt always happen depending on the time to get back in? Do you remember waking up scratching implant or the sound? Or just being on mount?

On 1/9/2019 at 8:46 PM, Jaykid432 said:

Imagine this

You your getting ready to go off the sever for the day, but just before you leave you hop on your best flyer bring it as high as you please and disconnect,

if we could stay on flyers after disconnect imagine all the players doing that to protect their best flyer, staying on said flyer while offline protecting their bird from all dangers just to log back in to still be on that bird just to continue their day as normal

Imagine this - that people tried that and got owned because they were just hovering high up stationary while offline. It's easier to see hovering flyers than to find people and dinos hidden on the ground. 

For PvE, also imagine that it doesn't matter a bit. Just offline the char and vanish it until the player logs back in. 

On 1/11/2019 at 1:43 AM, SaltyMonkey said:

Actually that was after the change - two changes actually. After the first, you fell to your death after dc'ing and the bird just hovered. Now you fall but take no damage, at least I haven't (but I don't dc much so YMMV, maybe it's height dependent). And I've woken up in dangerous territory too, where I got immediately attacked on reconnect, so there may be offline protection enabled now.

On 1/7/2019 at 9:02 AM, Jemcrystal said:

I am seriously the only player in ark that does not want to be thrown from his mount with disconnected???????????????  More than anything I would ask the devs for it would be just this.  This only.  Why in the name of sweat Jesus would you want to cause this level of stress in your players?  Why???

Yeah it's so bad.  I do not play on the island or scorched due to this.  Also hate how you have place a tracking node in your flyers to go find them after you log back in dead.

Archived