Am I only one does not want thrown from mount when d/c?

Jemcrystal

This is a legitimate issue, ESPECIALLY when you take flyers into account, and the constant dashboarding on Xbox since the last release. 

I'm sure it's a technical thing with loading/saving the mount, there's probably not a state for "mounted", etc, but it's incredibly obnoxious. 

To the OP, the best thing you can do is always keep a spyglass in your hotbar and wear a glider suit (only unlockable in Aberration, but you can get the materials needed to actually craft it in Extinction). Or keep some parachutes on your hotbar. When you load back in, just quickly activate it (assuming you were flying high enough). 

If you're on a land mount, you're just screwed, depending on what was around you when you died and what you left the mount on.

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, mecandbuttons said:

i hate that my bird is so high i cant whistle it to come to me. then i'm stranded in the middle of nowhere. If the bird could land on disconnect then great

A lot of times they do land. Then get promptly eaten or chased off never to be found again. While you are offline.

Put a tracker on birds you want to keep.

6 minutes ago, d1nk said:

I dont remember this ever being a thing

Ditto, I dont remeber this ever being a thing.

I am 50/50 about this whole thing. I would love to stay in the saddle in the event of a disconnect when saying using a flyer, I mean it would be a great QoL change. But I do also feel that at least when I fall off my saddle, my tame can defend itself from aggressive creatures rather than have it be munched on when I am disconnected and unable to do anything. 

14 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

Ditto, I dont remeber this ever being a thing.

I am 50/50 about this whole thing. I would love to stay in the saddle in the event of a disconnect when saying using a flyer, I mean it would be a great QoL change. But I do also feel that at least when I fall off my saddle, my tame can defend itself from aggressive creatures rather than have it be munched on when I am disconnected and unable to do anything. 

I have vivid nightmares about my first few quetz tames..flying about on speed argies carrying tribemates in the claws.. there would be 3 argy riders carrying 2 shooters and every single time one of the riders would disconnect at some point in the air, chaos.

That being said, I do like it as is and have adapted since. In Extinction I always have my mount on follow, passive flee. It tries to stay away but still follows me for those times even a spyglass cant reach the bird. On any other map its follow, neutral.

4 hours ago, tbfrnritunbv6 said:

Imagine this: you're flying on your trusty flier and you're flying above water. Game disconnects. How screwed are you?

We will find out  later today when my sister is home to restart the server.  It crashed  while I was flying high over the water.  Part of me hopes for it to load the previous save.  Then I will be safe. Otherwise I am  hitting the water at high speed  a long long way from home.  We have return pigeon return rings mod on so I can get the bird back if he stays flying.

• Volunteer Moderator
On 1/7/2019 at 9:02 AM, Jemcrystal said:

I am seriously the only player in ark that does not want to be thrown from his mount with disconnected???????????????  More than anything I would ask the devs for it would be just this.  This only.  Why in the name of sweat Jesus would you want to cause this level of stress in your players?  Why???

That would cause more frustrations than anything else in my opinion. Your mount would have no AI and wouldn't be able to defend itself if you are riding it while disconnected. Your tribemates could also not interact with it in any way (whistle, ride, etc).

33 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

That would cause more frustrations than anything else in my opinion. Your mount would have no AI and wouldn't be able to defend itself if you are riding it while disconnected. Your tribemates could also not interact with it in any way (whistle, ride, etc).

Maybe the secret to all this isnt what happens or what they should do when there is a DC.. but instead fix the goddamn causes of why all the DC  keep happening. 

6 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

Tribemates can always come and remove the saddle.

5 hours ago, Aylana314159 said:

When you log out or disconnect your character goes to sleep. How do you expect to remain riding while sleeping?

I imagined it more like a seat belt, then a mounting/riding. Once dc, character lost control of the mount but because of seat belt, they still attached to the Dino. So when they log back in they can still ride into the sunset with ease. 

Here is another one. Moving a motorboat and disconnect, drown in the water and come back to find out a Leed ate the boat... ?‍♀️

I have had it where I d/c and fell off the boat because it was moving, and then drowned. But the last time I was on a boat, not only did it kick me off the moving boat, and drowned me, but a Leed came over while I was flying to it and ate the boat. I should have put a bed on the thing... ?

4 hours ago, WaightZer said:

Tribemates can always come and remove the saddle.

I imagined it more like a seat belt, then a mounting/riding. Once dc, character lost control of the mount but because of seat belt, they still attached to the Dino. So when they log back in they can still ride into the sunset with ease. 

If the player is still on riding a dino, the dino cannot defend itself. Also flyers would be subject to stamina loss, then fall out of the sky.

1 hour ago, Snipsnip said:

Just fix the constant drop outs and address the core issue. It's so frustrating to lose hours of your time to a very poorly timed disconnect. I know how demanding this game is on the system running it but at least address the frequency of the drops outs. 

This is all fine and dandy saying this but if somehow they magically fixed the constant drop outs, the problem will still exist if my internet decides to hicup rather than the game. Would still be good to have  back-up feature.

On 1/7/2019 at 8:02 AM, Jemcrystal said:

I am seriously the only player in ark that does not want to be thrown from his mount with disconnected???????????????  More than anything I would ask the devs for it would be just this.  This only.  Why in the name of sweat Jesus would you want to cause this level of stress in your players?  Why???

we have asked for this for a loooong time to no avail

Archived