Favorite map to play on

Unknown17

I prefer the Centre. I like the levels of Dino that spawn, and the spread of resource is good.

I've often considered starting my own Centre server. I much preferred Ark before cross transfer of creatures became a thing and the players on a server had to fend for themselves. It created a richer community (on most at least). I also prefer the standard Dino's over the mythical kind.

Island, by far.

The terrain looks way more realistic than any other map and the rocks and trees are arranged properly, super dense etc. And the foliage (the ground clutter) is way more dense and gorgeous.

The resources and dangerous dinos are arranged in a sensible way too, harder dinos near more precious resources. You cant just walk out your front door and scoop up metal crystal and obsidian.

Only issues I've found are that you can frequently get stuck in the dense rocks and the slope of the land is really weird feeling at certain angles. Also it runs way slower and chopier for mid range gpus.

My favorite is definitely Aberration, it's simply a beautiful map even in the desolate Red Zone.  Plus there's no early game fliers, you're grounded all the way until you can tame Reapers and Rock Drakes which really forces you to get to know your surroundings rather than just flying over them.   The map also has layers upon layers so there always seems like there's something new to discover.

This being said, it is not a map for the faint of heart.  One wrong step can send you down to an unknown area surrounded by creatures that want you dead and in the red zone i don't think you can return from some of the locations you can fall down to.  If you're new, or expect new players to join your server, make sure you have The Island as part of your server cluster and allow transfers into Aberration.  The Island is pretty much the perfect place to start with all of its safe beaches so any cluster worth its salt should have it available.

3 hours ago, Bruvas78 said:

I prefer the Centre. I like the levels of Dino that spawn, and the spread of resource is good.

I've often considered starting my own Centre server. I much preferred Ark before cross transfer of creatures became a thing and the players on a server had to fend for themselves. It created a richer community (on most at least). I also prefer the standard Dino's over the mythical kind.

i like the center it's a beautiful map but there is just too much water in my opinion, i haven't played a lot on it though.

I'm pretty sure that you can modify the levels of spawning dino's just by changing the setting or difficulty.

i actually like cross transfer because it allows you too have dino's like the griffin on maps that they don't spawn naturally on although it has its downsides.

but you just said u prefer standard dino's so i don't think you'll agree with me on that one.

1 hour ago, TheBlastMage said:

My favorite is definitely Aberration, it's simply a beautiful map even in the desolate Red Zone.  Plus there's no early game fliers, you're grounded all the way until you can tame Reapers and Rock Drakes which really forces you to get to know your surroundings rather than just flying over them.   The map also has layers upon layers so there always seems like there's something new to discover.

This being said, it is not a map for the faint of heart.  One wrong step can send you down to an unknown area surrounded by creatures that want you dead and in the red zone i don't think you can return from some of the locations you can fall down to.  If you're new, or expect new players to join your server, make sure you have The Island as part of your server cluster and allow transfers into Aberration.  The Island is pretty much the perfect place to start with all of its safe beaches so any cluster worth its salt should have it available.

Aberration is a really beautiful map and although it has a lot of layers the map doesn't feel that big to me and like u said it is not for the faint of heart, although i am an experienced ark player i doubt that everyone is who might join the server.  i'm not planning on making a server cluster right away i might do it in the future which definitely will include aberration.

3 hours ago, Oldster said:

Island, by far.

The terrain looks way more realistic than any other map and the rocks and trees are arranged properly, super dense etc. And the foliage (the ground clutter) is way more dense and gorgeous.

The resources and dangerous dinos are arranged in a sensible way too, harder dinos near more precious resources. You cant just walk out your front door and scoop up metal crystal and obsidian.

Only issues I've found are that you can frequently get stuck in the dense rocks and the slope of the land is really weird feeling at certain angles. Also it runs way slower and chopier for mid range gpus.

Ill have to agree here, 100%. The Island feels real. 

Archived