Pibz

So this weekend i transfered into our aberration server to find we was being meshed, an it had already caused massive damage. Tames dead, Structures, vaults & cryofridges all dead n gone. 

The players where still in the mesh, they had stegs & reapers in there. Months of game time wiped out by cheating twunts & wildcards refusal\inability to fix a gamebreaking issue.

So this brings me to my points & questions...

A) Mesh defences- i.e if we place turrets in the mesh.. Is this a dev-wipe waiting to happen? 

B) Why has there not been a "kill zone\barrier" introduced outside of mesh?

C) How is it possible to have areas outside of the mesh available to build on & have areas within the map restricted? This makes no sense.

D) The current punishment for people guilty of meshing is a possible dev wipe and\or a character ban (this is what i have seen at least).

Why cant they ban accounts from the official server network? I know this is possible. 

I understand im not likely to get a response from a wc official in here sll though that would be nice lol, i just would like a conversation on this subject.

A. Building under the mesh will indeed leed to a dev wipe.

B/C. They brought this up in a community crunch a while back but basically because of the way they made the game/maps they can have instakill  zones in certain parts and if they placed it just all round it would damage actual gameplay areas. Basically its broken because they didn't anticipate people being worthless dregs when they built the game and its unfortunately too late now to fix it as it would be easier to make a new game rather than try and fix the maps without breaking everything. Honestly its a lose/lose for them because a small percentage of the player base can't play fair.

D. Yes the punishment for being caught undermesh is indeed dev wipe and possibly character ban. They don't have the man power for the full investigations that some players expect. Which means a dev wipe is the best choice really. I mean look at it this way a player like yourself builds a turret under their base for defense from meshers no malice intended but they get reported for undermeshing, A GM doesn't have all the time in the world to look into history and risk talking to people who are just lying so they login and see a structure under the mesh regardless of its intent it is against the rules so bam dev wipe. Ultimately it is unfortunate but it is the best solution cause im sure players like yourself would be quite upset if you got a permanent global ban for just trying to defend yourself from cheaters.

Its hard to enjoy a game knowing cheaters can get away with poor behavior but two wrongs do not make a right. Ark is an amazing game with sadly many flaws that can ruin your experience. 

1 hour ago, FreelancerKnux said:

B/C. They brought this up in a community crunch a while back but basically because of the way they made the game/maps they can have instakill  zones in certain parts and if they placed it just all round it would damage actual gameplay areas. Basically its broken because they didn't anticipate people being worthless dregs when they built the game and its unfortunately too late now to fix it as it would be easier to make a new game rather than try and fix the maps without breaking everything. Honestly its a lose/lose for them because a small percentage of the player base can't play fair.

D. Yes the punishment for being caught undermesh is indeed dev wipe and possibly character ban. They don't have the man power for the full investigations that some players expect. Which means a dev wipe is the best choice really. I mean look at it this way a player like yourself builds a turret under their base for defense from meshers no malice intended but they get reported for undermeshing, A GM doesn't have all the time in the world to look into history and risk talking to people who are just lying so they login and see a structure under the mesh regardless of its intent it is against the rules so bam dev wipe. Ultimately it is unfortunate but it is the best solution cause im sure players like yourself would be quite upset if you got a permanent global ban for just trying to defend yourself from cheaters.

Its hard to enjoy a game knowing cheaters can get away with poor behavior but two wrongs do not make a right. Ark is an amazing game with sadly many flaws that can ruin your experience. 

Yes my tribe was meshed for 5 days straight. We lost everything. Put in tickets nothing. Now we are forced to move again because of a mega coming to mesh the whole server. I understand that we can't build under the mesh. That's fine but at least allow the turrets to shot into the mesh. That way we can at least defend somewhat. I have played since day 1 and played on legacy. I'm fixing to stop and my whole tribe feels the same. After losing all our tames and cryoed tames used against us. It's stupid. Wish the devs would answer to our tickets. Instead of waiting and making us feel as the players don't matter. 

1 hour ago, FreelancerKnux said:

Ty.. I kinda knew what response i was gonna get, im not a Ark noob, its not even the first time ive been meshed (deffinately the worst tho)

Its totaly demoralising, i cant even turn the game on at the moment lol. Genuinely months of graft, bloodlines, gear & bp's gone.

Theres no question tho, the punishment needs to include a ban from official network not just a character ban. 

14 minutes ago, Wantedhornet said:

Yes my tribe was meshed for 5 days straight. We lost everything. Put in tickets nothing. Now we are forced to move again because of a mega coming to mesh the whole server. I understand that we can't build under the mesh. That's fine but at least allow the turrets to shot into the mesh. That way we can at least defend somewhat. I have played since day 1 and played on legacy. I'm fixing to stop and my whole tribe feels the same. After losing all our tames and cryoed tames used against us. It's stupid. Wish the devs would answer to our tickets. Instead of waiting and making us feel as the players don't matter. 

I hear what your saying there mate. Its totaly demoralising. Ive not turned the game on since this happened on saturday.

I have open tickets from the last time i got meshed on alpha plat. I already knew before i sent ticket im not likely to get a reply for weeks if at all. 

I genuinely question how many devs have actually played any official PvP at all, never mind for a period of time. 

3 hours ago, Duffmek said:

stuff like this should be a full account ban no ifs no buts people spend years on this game and if some git does this its not fair or fun and i dont even play pvp

Totaly agree mate, an i cant understand why it doesnt.

I dont even want to know how many hours in game i have, the majority on official pvp

• 3 months later...

i joined a tribe and i played with them for a year now and i join their tribe on an extinction small tribe. i realized that they've converted to meshing and i don't think of it that much then i get banned. i don't support meshing (note i told them, we should not be doing this and that we were gonna get banned) then i get banned, i understand this ban but like they didn't even use this exploit to ruin the game, they just used it to build a base. we found this spot because there is a giant ass hole that you could drop in, like god damn wildcard please fix your damn game! I never even gone on a single raid and it sucks because i only have roughly 600 hours

Archived