Sorry for the rant

Metanolo

I've got more than 4000 hours playing this game so I am not surprised, please forgive me for this post but I have to report a sort of bug that caused my Griffin death.

Flying up in the sky, no enemies around, still almost full stamina, pitching up, all good, the griffin suddenly just died.

There's not much more to say, it just instantly died for no reason. I've heard a hit sound like receiving damage from who knows what, and then I was immediately on the ground with the dead body of my griffin at my side. Tamed early in the morning on Ragnarok210, transported to TheCenter348 where I am actually playing, levelling it up for few hours. Time well spent, as always.

Is it lag? I doubt it. I was chasing a Santa gift box and everything was moving normally with no lag sign. Even if it was, there's nothing that can kill a griffin like that.

sadness 1

sadness 2

• Volunteer Moderator
26 minutes ago, Metanolo said:

Is it lag? I doubt it. I was chasing a Santa gift box and everything was moving normally with no lag sign. Even if it was, there's nothing that can kill a griffin like that.

Sound like your client was desynced and you actually did fall to your death for the server.

• Volunteer Moderator
29 minutes ago, Metanolo said:

It does make sense, but it is still weird. Why would ever the game consider me not flying, first time I see something like this in years.

It happens a lot more than we realize. I remember it was rather common in the past with the introduction of the Quetz platforms and there was also an exploit recently allowing players to force a de-sync using ladders or something in order to go scout their enemies' base without being targeted by turrets. As far as I know this has been fixed, or at least improved but there is most likely a lot more cases that results in a de-sync. Which would not really be a surprise to me, considering that Extinction has been dropped not so long ago and it most likely included a lot of physics changes, etc. in the core mechanisms of the game. Hopefully it doesn't happens again. You could try to submit a Support Ticket and see if a Game Master is able to help but I really don't think they will recover your tame, unfortunately.

Archived