breeding Do you know...

Zahlea

1 minute ago, Cowgirl said:

I believe (I may be wrong though) that it was once said that they didnt want to do breedable insects because insects have so many life stages it would complicate things. Though I have seen newly hatched spiders and they are basically tiny versions of the adults, scorps too. 

I believe that this was the case (not that I would like to find a reference for that lol), but it doesnt make that much sense considering they gave us amphibian breeding with the beelzebufo breeding, which is a much more complicated lifecycle to model. Worth mentioning that the mantis and lymantria are not breedable aswell. 

I can understand why the moth isn’t breedable, due to the whole chrysalis mechanic they’d have to implement. The other invertebrates have no excuse; afaik, irl babies of these animals are just smaller versions of adults, maybe WC could even make it so the babies shed their exoskeleton when they reach a new life stage, and these exoskeletons can be picked up for chitin; although this is totally optional.

2 hours ago, Royalstar said:

I can understand why the moth isn’t breedable, due to the whole chrysalis mechanic they’d have to implement. The other invertebrates have no excuse; afaik, irl babies of these animals are just smaller versions of adults, maybe WC could even make it so the babies shed their exoskeleton when they reach a new life stage, and these exoskeletons can be picked up for chitin; although this is totally optional.

https://www.earthtouchnews.com/DILO/DILO/scorpion-babies-are-creepy-crawly-nightmare-cargo-only-a-mother-could-love/

And a chrysalis mechanic sounds like it would be amazing.  Maybe it's a little grub, and then at a certain point you have to put silk and maybe...  cementing paste in its inventory, and it builds a chrysalis with these things.  Stays in for 20% of its maturation, and while in a chrysalis it does not need food and cannot be imprinted or accessed.  Then after the 20%, it emerges and is a small version of a moth, and feeding/imprinting resumes.  Could be tweaked to receive double imprint amount per maturation like Rock Drake and Megatherium, so it can be 100%'ed?

I still think they should add the option to breed Scorpions and other insects. Sure, it would be complicated to make a new circle of life, but they finished Extinction, now they can focus on other things, like listen to the community and add requested things, like breedable insects or new TLC patches.

Thanks for all the replies! Now I know more what has been said :)

Tbh, I don't really care about life stages, just small versions that grow up to adults exactly the same way as other dinos is fine by me. I very much hope they reconsider this as I'd love to breed araneos and onycs especially (but hey - I want to breed all creatures :P )

Archived