Arat prime

Thesurvivalist2019

Arat prime.....a mysterious place talked about in the forums and game. But what is it really and what is there? 

What id like to see some new creatures there like new corrupted creatures such as corrupted onyc, megalania, direwolf, etc. As well as new native creatures to the enviroment of arat prime. Maybe looks like the extinction map but at night, replace the snow and desert biome with redwood and aberrant jungle. As well as having the suface of abberation on the map and bodies of water. The city would turn into the arat prim facility but is protected by a force field that is only accessable through 4 mini bosses. If you think im doing too much or not enough let me know in the comments below. Whats your ideas? Id love to hear.

Lore wise all acceptable, planet wise, there shouldn't be aberrant stuff "currently" but after extinction, it is possible to to create that aberrant forest as the aberration ark came crash landing onto earth, the idea works completely with some fan theories of Rockwell coming back (honestly it seems all too true especially with what we get to make out what was said), as we defeated Rockwell, we ascended once more and found ourselves on extinction, what we don't know is, did we defeat Rockwell for good? The Rockwell that is able to regenerate in pure liquid element, the same Rockwell we defeated and he just dove deep into that same liquid. And yeah arat prime would be completely night and probably actually all around freezing, the earth has stopped its orbiting, the moon has been shattered, we would be playing in utter darkness! I can't be stuffed reading ToS in regards to third party games, but if you've played soma before, they had their version of ark, arat prime could go on to show us, our origins and why we the players respawn, are the previous dead bodies we see of ourselves really our own bodies??? Dun dun dun! Arat prime was supposed to be the saving point of the humans on earth, it's also supposedly the launching place of the arks. I'd love to see a cold ark map that is covered almost in darkness, the fear of wandering out into the unknown, the fear of being cold and lonely, but also no known what is out there, is it a friend or is it a foe, or a predator that wants our flesh.

Maybe arat prime will give us the orgin of element. How it was founded. Or who the survivors on the ark really were and why they were chosen. Im hoping that will be revealed. I also have an idea about the issue of being in total darkness. What is there is a machine on the dark side of the earth that produces light at certain time or an engram you can learn and build. (Although there is lights you can build). Helena said in time the ark would purge the element from the soil so maybe there is still the threat of element storms or corruption and i dont think it will completly destoy element. Rockwell is probably able to make himself human with all his abilities intact and is trying to use arat prime to complete his mission to make himself a god of element and eliminate helena. That would be a battle to see. Homo deus helena vs corrupted rockwell. 

Arat prime is coming. Cause why would they make rockwell say: "I AM COMING FOR YOU." and to the developers of ARK if you are reading this please make it happen.  @Jen @StudioWildcard

Long before Extinction was even released, I started a forum analyzing the explorer notes and creating game mechanic and lore predictions for Extinction. And now that Extinction is fully looked at and I've read most of the explorer notes on it, here are my own thoughts on Arat prime and future ARK DLC, IF one is ever made. 

We already have a lot of info on the ARK story, not just by reading the explorer notes, but also by translating the ascension code found in the great city itself. All the text involving Arat Prime found in the city reads as follows;

"A7 priority communication received. Arat Prime is locked down."

"Arat Prime is locked down. Emergency launch initiating. Proceed to nearest shelter."

"Arat Prime has gone silent. Launch was not confirmed." 

Although I go into the ARK story more in-depth on my own forum, here's a quick fly-by on what led up to the game ( Spoiler!) ;

Sometime in the not-so distant future, a large space rock hit the Earth. From this rock, the remaining humans extracted the first sample of element. From this, scientists ( Possibly including one by the name of L Livingstone - more about him on my own forum ) created the first tek. Given tek's many wondrous properties, humanity advanced rapidly, and by the year 2134 had built the city, resurrected prehistoric creatures, and even bred humans completely from scratch! Also their taste in architecture became quite eerie, as noted by both Helena and anyone who's visited the overseer arena. But tek, and the many weapons that could be made from it, also gave the world's armies an excuse to fight nonstop wars. And these wars apparently lasted for CENTURIES. Their tek weapons were emitting some used element back into the ground. Humans just took this for granted. But over the years, the unused element actually became self-aware and changed it's molecular structure entirely so it was an organism. more specifically, the corruption nodes, which the element used to corrupt creatures and turn them on their human masters. Realizing their mistake, the humans hurriedly built the ARKs, which were intended as observation facilities where an advanced AI ( the Overseers ) could create artificial humans with ( possibly ) fake memories, with the goal of finding the right genetic combination to create humans that would ascend, kill the titans, and start the reseed protocol, thereby saving the planet. The ARKs were launched, the remaining humans on Earth were eaten, and the element created the titans to guard it's new home. 

Where did Arat Prime come into play? Well, it seems that during the ARKs construction, two facilities were founded. The first, which was explored twice by the explorers as if it was actually located on the Extinction map ( it wasn't ), contained the ARKs data servers and the console used to start the reseed protocol. The second facility, as you've probably guessed, was Arat Prime. It is believed by fans to have been the command post where the ARKs launch was controlled from. According to Diana on Extinction, Arat Prime is on the opposite end of the planet from the Extinction map. ( Fun fact: The name "Arat Prime" seems to be a reference to the biblical mountain Ararat, the mountain where Noah's ark rested after it's journey. When I think about it, there are a lot of similarities between these two stories. Both feature "vessels" called arks that contained animals and humans that were needed for Earth's survival. )

As for predictions on a new ARK DLC, if one is ever made, I believe only some of your own expectations are plausible. The corrupted creatures you think of MIGHT become real. This is because the removal of element from the soil was done by the ARKs. If one of the ARKs was destroyed, as it seems, than we can assume that all element surrounding  that ARK will remain in the soil, thereby making the creation of corrupted creatures more plausible. 

Second, the whole " Cold and darkness" aesthetic you think of. This is not possible. As The one who waits/Helena points out in the end cutscene for extinction, the sun is rising. This would mean that the element in the soil was physically keeping the planet from rotating, and our killing of the titans and the ARKs sapping the element from the soil started the planet's rotation again. Thus making the "Darkness" theme impossible. But wasn't that the theme for Aberration anyways?

And lastly, the Rockwell vs Helena battle. Also not possible. This is because after Helena comments on the sunrise in the end cutscene, she dies. While it isn't stated right there in the cutscene, if you read the notes of The one who waits/Helena, you would learn that Helena was sort of dying when she wrote them. Well, not dying, exactly. More like, becoming more and more an actual robot and losing her own personality, as her "elders" did. As for Rockwell, well... he might still exist. Apparently TOWW/Helena tampered with the system so that the humans and Overseers - which is what we assume Rockwell turned into - could respawn. Thus making Rockwell's survival more likely.

What I would expect from a new DLC is the freshly sprouted trees we see in the end Extinction cutscene as a starting area. then we move onward to the wasteland - what we see at the end of the ending cutscene. Then finally, the hollow remains of the Arat Prime facility. Both the wasteland and Arat Prime would be overridden with corrupted creatures. And the goal? Well I can only assume that ARKs element removal systems would have had to be prototyped. If the SUCCESSFUL prototype was kept in Arat Prime, then the goal of any new DLC would probably be to fight your way to the prototype and remove the element from the ground manually, maybe even killing Rockwell in the process. Also, we might see some more ARK backstory ( The story I told you is just educated guesses ) and maybe what happened to Diana and Mei-Yin after Diana just randomly logged off on Extinction. Maybe they came to Arat Prime looking for a weapon to kill the titans. That would be something to see if a new DLC was made.

By the way, check out my own forum in the link below! You're welcome to read from all the way on page one as there is still a lot of interesting info to be found in the explorer notes.

• 4 months later...

The wording of the Explorer notes is too precise for there to be any question as to the origins of element, I think.  Of all the things in the game, they weren't created carelessly, and the passage exactly reads:

"It's no surprise then that things moved quickly - impact, discovery, invention and production." -Extinction TOWW note #14

Impact has to reference a physical impact, as in, a big interstellar object.  It linguistically does not make sense any other way.  It for instance does not make sense that it means impact as in, to have a strong effect on something.  How in the hell could it make sense that they knew what the effect of Element would be before discovering it?  It means that a thing, be it a meteor, derelict spacecraft, comet, or something smashed into the Earth.  When humans investigated, they discovered Element among the debris.  Testing led to move discovery of its capabilities, so that naturally led to invention and production of ways to use it.

There is no mystery to where Element came from anymore.  As I said, linguistically (and from a common-sense standpoint) it does not make sense any other way.

• 2 months later...
On 5/13/2019 at 9:59 AM, TheDonn said:

The wording of the Explorer notes is too precise for there to be any question as to the origins of element, I think.  Of all the things in the game, they weren't created carelessly, and the passage exactly reads:

"It's no surprise then that things moved quickly - impact, discovery, invention and production." -Extinction TOWW note #14

Impact has to reference a physical impact, as in, a big interstellar object.  It linguistically does not make sense any other way.  It for instance does not make sense that it means impact as in, to have a strong effect on something.  How in the hell could it make sense that they knew what the effect of Element would be before discovering it?  It means that a thing, be it a meteor, derelict spacecraft, comet, or something smashed into the Earth.  When humans investigated, they discovered Element among the debris.  Testing led to move discovery of its capabilities, so that naturally led to invention and production of ways to use it.

There is no mystery to where Element came from anymore.  As I said, linguistically (and from a common-sense standpoint) it does not make sense any other way.

But then who was the original creator of element? I think there's room to investigate who the original creators of element were, not the humans who discovered it by chance and reverse engineered it.

20 minutes ago, bigfish502 said:

But then who was the original creator of element? I think there's room to investigate who the original creators of element were, not the humans who discovered it by chance and reverse engineered it.

To be precise, origins = how it came to Earth.  That's what I meant.  And we didn't reverse engineer it as much as just, test it in its raw form to discover its properties.

But in terms of who or what created Element:  if they are getting that far into the story, I hope their lore-writers are fired up because I really hope it all makes sense.

On 1/4/2019 at 8:44 PM, Pellao said:

Lore wise all acceptable, planet wise, there shouldn't be aberrant stuff "currently" but after extinction, it is possible to to create that aberrant forest as the aberration ark came crash landing onto earth, the idea works completely with some fan theories of Rockwell coming back (honestly it seems all too true especially with what we get to make out what was said), as we defeated Rockwell, we ascended once more and found ourselves on extinction, what we don't know is, did we defeat Rockwell for good? The Rockwell that is able to regenerate in pure liquid element, the same Rockwell we defeated and he just dove deep into that same liquid. And yeah arat prime would be completely night and probably actually all around freezing, the earth has stopped its orbiting, the moon has been shattered, we would be playing in utter darkness! I can't be stuffed reading ToS in regards to third party games, but if you've played soma before, they had their version of ark, arat prime could go on to show us, our origins and why we the players respawn, are the previous dead bodies we see of ourselves really our own bodies??? Dun dun dun! Arat prime was supposed to be the saving point of the humans on earth, it's also supposedly the launching place of the arks. I'd love to see a cold ark map that is covered almost in darkness, the fear of wandering out into the unknown, the fear of being cold and lonely, but also no known what is out there, is it a friend or is it a foe, or a predator that wants our flesh.

The Meteors crashing down to earth are from aberration the creatures sturdy enough to survive it landed and ate element becoming corrupt as well as it explains why we respawn yes it is our bodies helena walker mentions in her notes as the homodeus "the one who waits" that she tweaked the ark systems to respawn us that she takes our souls and brings them back but once the arks come back to earth that gift is gone we cannot have infinite lives but in the future dlc we will still respawn people would hate a hardcore mode of dying and all progress being lost on new maps

• 1 month later...
On 5/13/2019 at 4:33 AM, Thebooshy said:

By the way, the whole “the element stopped the Earth’s rotation” thing is not entirely true, the element would have only SLOWED DOWN the Earth’s rotation so that 1 Earth Day = 1 Earth Year. It’s a thing called Tidal Lock, go search it up because I don’t feel like going into detail about it.E09C89BA-62CA-4312-81CE-C68CBE3D3CC8.thumb.png.2cbd805b46853bac57f59a52b417ea39.png

What if the element was actually good and was tired of humans using it for evil so it killed them all then created titans to keep the survivors from coming back. After all, if it really were evil, it would have killed the dinosaurs along with the humans instead of corrupting them. And plus, the corruption made dinosaurs work together, not as mindless drones, but as warriors. A giga would kill everything in it´s normal form, and yet, when it is corrupted, it is perfectly fine with hanging out with rexes and wyverns. And another theory, what if element is like a plant, it slowed earth´s rotation down so it could get more sunlight and grow faster.

• 5 months later...
On 9/26/2019 at 8:51 PM, NOU123 said:

What if the element was actually good and was tired of humans using it for evil so it killed them all then created titans to keep the survivors from coming back. After all, if it really were evil, it would have killed the dinosaurs along with the humans instead of corrupting them. And plus, the corruption made dinosaurs work together, not as mindless drones, but as warriors. A giga would kill everything in it´s normal form, and yet, when it is corrupted, it is perfectly fine with hanging out with rexes and wyverns. And another theory, what if element is like a plant, it slowed earth´s rotation down so it could get more sunlight and grow faster.

This sounds more like a parasitic hive mind than element growing a conscience and becoming "good". Also the sunlight theory makes no sense since Abberation is teeming with element and is a huge dark cavern.

Archived