Dissappearing dinos/Cannot Deploy Cryopods

Bbritton209

I'm not sure if this is a bug or what, but our server is clustered with several maps. I had a lot of dinos on The Island that I wanted to bring over. This included some Titanoboas and some Argents that I had been breeding up. I put them in cryopods and transferred to my base on Extinction which is located in the Sunken Forest. I have never had an issue with cryopods and moving from server to server. 

That being said, when I arrived at my Extinction base and tried to deploy everything I am having issues. The titanoboas came out with no issue. I wasn't worried about Cryo-sickness because they were being put inside a pen with no chance of being hit by anything. Titanoboas had no issue, but when I tried to deploy the argents (4 in total) they won't come out. It just says "Cannot Deploy". The area I am trying to place them is wide open so it's not a space issue. I restarted Ark thinking that may help but it didn't. I then moved BACK to The Island to see if I could deploy them there, but they won't go there either. It doesn't give me a REASON for not being able to be deployed either. It just says "Cannot Deploy:" in red letters at the top of the screen. 

Help? Cause the argents I had placed in the pods have multiple mutations that I've been working on for awhile and I don't want to start over with them. 

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On Monday, December 24, 2018 at 1:25 AM, amonie2015 said:

same here i took 15 pods from fridge and want place in inventory and some strange reason they gone, seems they bugged

I have had dinos in pods vanish too. Tamed a real nice quetz on ext and wanted to transfer to my rag server, it vanished upon upload

14 hours ago, Bbritton209 said:

I also noticed today that the icon had changed from an Argent to a Raptor. 

What platform do you play? If its PC sounds like mods interferring. If its console or unmodded PC then I have no idea o.O 

• 2 weeks later...

We put our rex in a cryopod this evening to transport it to the base (tribelog is even showing that). After we arrived there, we wanted to get it out of the pod - pod was thrown, cryo-cooldown was shown in the right lower corner, but no Rex to be seen. It didnt fall through the map as far as we could see, it isnt at the previous spot where it was before we podded it, its not anywhere else in the base or showing anything in the tribelog other than that is was put into the pod. This was "only" a rex, if thats happening to a fully imprinted Giga or maybe a Wyvern, it would be even worse.

Apparently dinos can just vanish when be thrown out of a pod, if thats rare or happening more often than we thought, I cant say, but just be warned when you put something into a cryopod - it might not come back. ;) 

- reported as a bug & eventhough I'm not planning to get it back, hopefully its not happening to you ?

34 minutes ago, SaltyMonkey said:

Dinos despawning in nothing new. If this happens to PvE players, the worse part is that while it was in the cryopod, it wasn’t against the tribe/server dino limit but as soon as it’s released, it then adds back to the limit, only to despawn without a trace and can no longer be removed from the limit.

Hi, there was no server cap or tribe cap reached (we are far from both on our server). 

8 hours ago, iStephano said:

You may have done this i guess but have you gone out of render? It could "come back".

But thanks for the heads up, got a lot of dinos in cryopod myself.

Yes, we got out of render, logged in & out, tried to whistle/hit it (sometimes the snakes are just dissapearing and it helps to hit them when invisible to turn them visible again), also now a few hours later - still nothing & also nothing in the tribe log.

3 minutes ago, kathid4444 said:

Hi, there was no server cap or tribe cap reached (we are far from both on our server). 

Regardless of your individual situation, a despawned dino will remain against the limit. That’s the worst part, so if this issue was to happen frequently, it could deter people from freezing their dinos at all. It must be fixed.

5 minutes ago, SaltyMonkey said:

Regardless of your individual situation, a despawned dino will remain against the limit. That’s the worst part, so if this issue was to happen frequently, it could deter people from freezing their dinos at all. It must be fixed.

Oh you mean like that, where do you get that information from? From my point of view, it just got deleted like never existed.. If its the case what you say, then it would even be worse. ?‍♀️

2 minutes ago, SaltyMonkey said:

I had three managarms float away. I never got a death message for any of them, but I could tell they had been deleted by the reduced tribe tame count.

• 4 months later...

I've run into a similar but different issue with tames and cryopods, in my case (official servers btw) it is that the dino doesn't show in the cryopod after being cryo'd. The first time this happened and I noticed it I relogged in and it showed up - yay.

The second time I did not notice it in time. I think I used the pod to cryo something else ontop of it, or put the non-empty 'empty' pod into a cryofridge which then reset it to empty. Tried many things to get it back but nothing worked - bye bye fully imprinted 425 giga w/108 saddle :/

Anyways, I filed a report on that about a week ago with no support response yet. 

• 1 month later...
  • invincibleqc changed the title to Dissappearing dinos/Cannot Deploy Cryopods

Archived