Dimetrodon breeding discussion

Lowly

Was wondering if anybody has had any luck with growing a dime to full adulthood?, the official guide at gamepedia has no time for the adolescent stage yet and our little guy is still in juvenile phase, 

I guess it's hard to know how long adolescent takes if it is eating from. Trough and so we don't need to watch over it to time the stages, breeding them seems to be as much as a challenge for these as taming another without the hastle of finding one. and making the area safe. 

I managed to incubate the egg in between 3 dimes inside our stone incubation pen, down to temps of 14C (10 C with one camp fire) and I am so happy they don't eat as fast as there torpor drops, seemed to be the usual, one meat every 9.5 seconds 

You can find out how far along a dinosaur is to maturing by looking at their current weight. As they age it scales up reaching maximum when they are adults. What I mean by this is if you watch you'll see the max weight the dinosaur can have but you'll notice the current weight is only a fraction of it (as seen in inventory and not the stats). Simple math can give you the % the dinosaur is to maturing.

Whats it's current weight at and what weight is being shown over in the inventory?

5 hours ago, Vohjiin said:

You can find out how far along a dinosaur is to maturing by looking at their current weight. As they age it scales up reaching maximum when they are adults. What I mean by this is if you watch you'll see the max weight the dinosaur can have but you'll notice the current weight is only a fraction of it (as seen in inventory and not the stats). Simple math can give you the % the dinosaur is to maturing.

Whats it's current weight at and what weight is being shown over in the inventory?

I can't find out it's percentage done when it falls through the stone foundation but not the floor ;) it is still feeding from the trough and I can see it's name but not see it, so it's just going to stay put for now

30 minutes ago, Vohjiin said:

hahahaha xD, at least it's eating from the trough now.

Yea I thought I lost it as a baby, so I destroyed the middle stone foundation, only to find it wandering by the door trying to escape, quickly disabled wandering and filled it with meat.

Ok so it seems I was really silly and the time as an adolescent is just the time as a baby plus the time as a jouvenille. I didn't not know that was the case for all animals and the time for jouvenille is the time it is a baby*4. Well that's what I have learned today xD

Archived