Lots of questions: help!

Crazypandagirl

Okay so I have a few questions.

1) I built my Direwolves a new, huge cage and set them on wander. I come back and I counted four freaking juvinile direwolves. It turns out, on their own, they were breeding! I can’t figure out how to stop them from breeding. Help me please ?

2) so I recently spawned with admin commands a brand new Forest Wyvern, because personally I love all wyverns. As I was setting up its name it a) wouldn’t stop moving, even when I disabled wandering, and b) wouldn’t stop taking damage and eventually died. I was really mad, because I spent a long time trying to spawn it. Please help.

3)I know there’s a lot to do on ark, and I know I haven’t done everything, but may I have just a few ideas to get me less bored. I can’t come up with things to do on my own. An idea on what to do on this game would be very helpful. Thank you!

4)I cannot figure out some names for my Dino’s. I came up with a few names but not enough for all of my Dino’s. Any names would be great, because right now I’m stuck with naming a Lochness Monster “pickle”.

5) Bronto Dino’s are stepping all over the place. I learned a cheat: DestroyMyTarget, but the Brontos are still everywhere. If anyone knows a super fun way to get rid of them, please lemme know lol.

6) how do I freaking tame a pig? It’s a pig. Shouldn’t be that hard, but hey. It’s ark. Even pigs are freaking deadly enough to kill you and heal everything around it.

thank you so much for listening to me. If you have any questions on cheats or anything else, I’ll try to answer them as soon as possible. Thanks again!

P.S here are some fun cheats. Just because everyone on this website deserves it. 

Admincheat Gmsummon “(Dino’s name)_Character_BP_C” (level you want it, it can even be 1200000!!!!!)”

DestroyMyTarget (for those annoying Dino’s ruining your ark life.)

Cheat GFI (object, like a saddle or sword) 1 0 0 (helpful for making towns and pens)

Infinitestats (you will not die, go hungry or thirsty, or run out of stamina, this can also be used on animals but you have to ride them then click admin command)

for those of you who do not know how to access the admin thing a ma Ging, you click 

PS4: square, triangle, R1 and L1 at the same time

XBox: X, Y, RB and LB (the top ones above the triggers)

i do not play on the computers, so sorry I do not know how to access that. 

And for those of you who like going big and not use cheats, good luck, I believe you can do whatever your heart desires.

again thank you for listening.

?

1.  Take them off wander or they will keep breeding.

2.  Not sure, if it was a baby you probably needed milk.

3.  Play pvp, or try doing the boss fights.

4.  Can't help with names I usually don't name my dinos.

5.  Not sure if you can remove specific dinos on console.

6.  Pretty sure its a standard tame, knockout and feed meat.

3.) Base building in new locations, or breeding strong bloodlines / different dinos

4.) I have multiple tabs of baby / pet name list websites on my phone. For me because I’ve had literally more than a thousand pets and staying original is a chore! Other good lists are mythological figures and foreign names. In fairness to your plesiosaur, I literally named mine Nessie.

5.) Ascendant fabricated sniper. I use my own law of equity in my single player worlds, since I’ve never been lucky enough to get a blueprint...which is the resources for twenty primitive fab snipers means I can spawn an ascendant, and throw away the resources.

Brontos / paracers stomping around my house was one of my two original reasons for that gun. The other being alphas. But I agree they’re outright obnoxious!

Alternatively, dimorphodons are a phenomenal way to rid yourself of them, and watching some tiny, cute birds rip apart a giant, annoying dino is tremendously amusing.

6.) Daeodons are a standard KO meat tame, but you’ll want a pen or to separate them out from their friends or it can be a royal pain to make headway on them.

Forest Wyverns are the wrong kind of wyvern to spawn in as a permanent tame.  They are a temporary creature only summoned in by the Forest Titan (when it is Wild) on the Extinction map, and cannot be "tamed" in the typical sense.  They can only be commandeered for a short time when you see them landed, and as you ride them in the Forest Titan fight and breathe fire, they deplete this extra-action bar (its a little fire emblem).  When the extra-action bar runs out, they dismount you and fly away to despawn.  Additionally, when the Forest Titan is killed or tamed, the Forest Wyverns that remain constantly take damage until they die underneath you, even if you ride one for the fight and never use the fire-breath.  They are not meant to stick around, even if you use spawn commands.

The rest of your questions, honestly, you can figure out with a quick Google search about taming, or about breeding, or by just playing the game...  Except the Brontos.  That's just ARK, Brontos like stomping around everywhere.  Build a wall around your base maybe?

On 1/4/2019 at 4:59 PM, Crazypandagirl said:

1) I built my Direwolves a new, huge cage and set them on wander. I come back and I counted four freaking juvinile direwolves. It turns out, on their own, they were breeding! I can’t figure out how to stop them from breeding.

You have to neuter them. Anything on Wander will automatically mate if it can.

3)I know there’s a lot to do on ark, and I know I haven’t done everything, but may I have just a few ideas to get me less bored. I can’t come up with things to do on my own. An idea on what to do on this game would be very helpful. Thank you!

Have you done all of the boss fights on every map?

ARK has a story line, caves, artifacts, notes, and a path to progress through the story. If you start on The Island and then work your way though the maps one-by-one there is a lot to keep you occupied.

6) how do I freaking tame a pig? It’s a pig. Shouldn’t be that hard, but hey. It’s ark. Even pigs are freaking deadly enough to kill you and heal everything around it

You can learn how to tame any animal by looking at dododex.com or arkipedia.

Hope this helps, and have fun.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/5/2019 at 8:20 PM, Pipinghot said:

You have to neuter them. Anything on Wander will automatically mate if it can.

Have you done all of the boss fights on every map?

ARK has a story line, caves, artifacts, notes, and a path to progress through the story. If you start on The Island and then work your way though the maps one-by-one there is a lot to keep you occupied.

You can learn how to tame any animal by looking at dododex.com or arkipedia.

Hope this helps, and have fun.

Thank you sooo much! I enjoy the feedback. You’re so kind! I’m sure to try these. Thanks!

On 1/5/2019 at 5:02 PM, TheDonn said:

Forest Wyverns are the wrong kind of wyvern to spawn in as a permanent tame.  They are a temporary creature only summoned in by the Forest Titan (when it is Wild) on the Extinction map, and cannot be "tamed" in the typical sense.  They can only be commandeered for a short time when you see them landed, and as you ride them in the Forest Titan fight and breathe fire, they deplete this extra-action bar (its a little fire emblem).  When the extra-action bar runs out, they dismount you and fly away to despawn.  Additionally, when the Forest Titan is killed or tamed, the Forest Wyverns that remain constantly take damage until they die underneath you, even if you ride one for the fight and never use the fire-breath.  They are not meant to stick around, even if you use spawn commands.

The rest of your questions, honestly, you can figure out with a quick Google search about taming, or about breeding, or by just playing the game...  Except the Brontos.  That's just ARK, Brontos like stomping around everywhere.  Build a wall around your base maybe?

Thanks. I I asked because I liked wyverns LOL. But seriously though, thanks.

1) I built my Direwolves a new, huge cage and set them on wander. I come back and I counted four freaking juvinile direwolves. It turns out, on their own, they were breeding! I can’t figure out how to stop them from breeding. Help me please ?

If they are just for decoration to have movement in your yard and you dont plan to breed them for stats, just neuter/spay them in their options menu.

2) so I recently spawned with admin commands a brand new Forest Wyvern, because personally I love all wyverns. As I was setting up its name it a) wouldn’t stop moving, even when I disabled wandering, and b) wouldn’t stop taking damage and eventually died. I was really mad, because I spent a long time trying to spawn it. Please help.

It performed it's function, they are not supposed to be tamable and are a limited duration object.

Its a sandbox game, nobody can tell you how to have fun building your own sand castle. That's up to you. Check Twitch for some RolePlay streams and make up a alter ego. Check youtube for some content creators. Breed a new dino bloodline, etc.

4)I cannot figure out some names for my Dino’s. I came up with a few names but not enough for all of my Dino’s. Any names would be great, because right now I’m stuck with naming a Lochness Monster “pickle”.

Take inspiration from history, art, culture, mythology, latin, folklore. 

5) Bronto Dino’s are stepping all over the place. I learned a cheat: DestroyMyTarget, but the Brontos are still everywhere. If anyone knows a super fun way to get rid of them, please lemme know lol.

Next question

6) how do I freaking tame a pig? It’s a pig. Shouldn’t be that hard, but hey. It’s ark. Even pigs are freaking deadly enough to kill you and heal everything around it.

Attack it until it starts to get bloody, it will heal itself and use up it's food making it a super fast tame when you finally knock it out and use kibble.

Now I have some Questions for you:

Why is the sky blue?

What is the meaning of life?

Why aren't there any more dinosaurs in real life?

Why are there so many languages in the world?

Why don't we want others to see our private parts?

Why do people get sick?

Why do the kids next door have so many more toys than I do?

Is Santa Claus real?

Why does the tooth fairy leave me 25 cents when my best friend in elementary school got a 5 dollar bill?

Where do babies come from?

Here's a few suggestions to add on to what others have said:

1. If you want them to wander without making babies, you need to spay/neuter them.  But this is permanent!  Once you do it there is no going back, so make sure this is what you want.
  2. Others have addressed this, it dies after the boss is over.
  3. First goal of this game is to try and tame all of the different creatures you can!  After that, try your hand at the bosses.  They require alot of good tames, and alot of breeding to kill, so getting to this point will be a big adventure for ya.
  4. Sorry, I'm bad at names too.  I either use made up fantasy names, or silly names based on what they do.
  5. Got a big dino?  brontos become a big snack for creatures like the Spino or a Rex.  The more you build the less space wild dinos will have to spawn around you.  If that still doesn't help and you're stuck in bronto central, then start building your walls up super high (like 5-8 walls high!).  Then the brontos can't step into your base.
  6. Pigs are a standard KO and put food in its inventory tame, but with a big catch:  Pigs eat ALOT.  Best food for them is Iguanodon Kibble, and on 1x taming it'll take over 30 of them for a high level pig (bring way more, always bring more than you think you need).  If you go the meat route, use only Mutton, but even that will take hundreds of pieces to fully tame one.  Fun fact is that pigs use up food while healing, making them one of the faster tames if you have the kibble for them.  Just beat them up within an inch of their life, wait for them to heal, then KO it and feed kibble.
    1. Sub note, once tamed, pigs prefer COOKED meat instead of raw.  and cooked prime is even better.  If you give them raw meat, it'll only heal like 5 hunger each instead of 50.  You can also give it any kibble to give it 100 food per kibble, but cooked regular or prime meat is best for most uses.

On 1/4/2019 at 10:59 PM, Crazypandagirl said:

[...]

[...]

Just wanted to add to 1): As others have said, you can neuter/spay the dinos if you never intend to breed them as it's permanent. If you want them on wander but also want to be able to breed them in the future, you can just make sure it's just the one sex in the pen: i.e. all females or all males. Then they won't breed and you don't have to make any permanent changes either.

Another thing noone mentioned for 3): You can look up a list of all the achievements and go for those. I know it's not for everybody, but if it's your thing, like it is mine, it might help give you some purpose :) 

• 1 month later...
On 1/4/2019 at 10:30 PM, LadyCrescent said:

3.) Base building in new locations, or breeding strong bloodlines / different dinos

4.) I have multiple tabs of baby / pet name list websites on my phone. For me because I’ve had literally more than a thousand pets and staying original is a chore! Other good lists are mythological figures and foreign names. In fairness to your plesiosaur, I literally named mine Nessie.

5.) Ascendant fabricated sniper. I use my own law of equity in my single player worlds, since I’ve never been lucky enough to get a blueprint...which is the resources for twenty primitive fab snipers means I can spawn an ascendant, and throw away the resources.

Brontos / paracers stomping around my house was one of my two original reasons for that gun. The other being alphas. But I agree they’re outright obnoxious!

Alternatively, dimorphodons are a phenomenal way to rid yourself of them, and watching some tiny, cute birds rip apart a giant, annoying dino is tremendously amusing.

6.) Daeodons are a standard KO meat tame, but you’ll want a pen or to separate them out from their friends or it can be a royal pain to make headway on them.

Thanks for the tip. And the name. “Nessie” is way better than “Pickle”

Archived