unofficial Disable Obelisk/Terminal Decay?

rcadden

Just setup a new unofficial cluster for me and a few friends (we've been playing unofficial on a single map for a while now) and now when we load items/dinos to the terminal, they have a decay timer of 24hrs. Is there any way to disable this (or extend it to something ridiculous, like a year)?

Server is hosted through Nitrado.

Add these in gameusersettings.ini under server settings, the time is in seconds so work out what you need and add it

TributeCharacterExpirationSeconds=

TributeItemExpirationSeconds=

TributeDinoExpirationSeconds=

Edit: not sure if there's a limit, in ASM you can set a max of 1,200,000 seconds which is nearly 14 days, you can always try setting it longer in the .ini and see if it works in game

1 hour ago, d1nk said:

Yes

Are you just not trying today?

58 minutes ago, RageQuitter said:

Add these in gameusersettings.ini under server settings, the time is in seconds so work out what you need and add it

Edit: not sure if there's a limit, in ASM you can set a max of 1,200,000 seconds which is nearly 14 days, you can always try setting it longer in the .ini and see if it works in game

You can go way higher than that. Using those parameters, I have mine set to 2592000 seconds (30 days).

Also, you can remove the upload timer too by setting it to 0. Unfortunately I’m not sure what the ini for that is called as I use Nitrado (only option for Xbox), so it’s located in the general settings.

12 minutes ago, SaltyMonkey said:

Are you just not trying today?

You can go way higher than that. Using those parameters, I have mine set to 2592000 seconds (30 days).

Also, you can remove the upload timer too by setting it to 0. Unfortunately I’m not sure what the ini for that is called as I use Nitrado (only option for Xbox), so it’s located in the general settings.

Hah, well I gave the answer.. but basically yeah. I knew someone would come give him the specifics I couldn't (like you kindly did for him) 

To much grinding makes d1nk something something..

7 hours ago, Pipinghot said:

I run a private cluster, and have my obelist/terminal storage set to 1 year. I'm not sure what the upper limit is, but it's at least this high.

31557600 seconds

I chose 30 days as a personal choice as I thought it would cover issues people had without using it for long term storage, though I may extend it to a year in the future given the suspicions about my main servers life.

On 1/4/2019 at 6:27 PM, RageQuitter said:

Ahh thanks man me too need this :D

On 1/6/2019 at 3:44 AM, SaltyMonkey said:

I chose 30 days as a personal choice as I thought it would cover issues people had without using it for long term storage, though I may extend it to a year in the future given the suspicions about my main servers life.

Yeah, an understandable choice, just a personal preference as you say.

I went with a year since I didn't just don't care if people use it for personal storage, in fact I support it. Since the storage already has a limit on the number of slots for ARK Data and a limited number of slots for Creatures, and more importantly I don't have any reason to believe that the stuff in storage causes any work for the server, I just decided that nearly permanent beacon storage would be a feature of our cluster.

Archived