Taming a Basilo

NukeTheDinoGamer

After asking how to tame a meg and if it was immune to jellyfish and eels, people have told me to tame a basilo. I am down at the stone isle, and would like to know if Basilos spawn nearby or I need to go deeper. I have gone to herbivore island once and saw 1, but do not know if this is their main spawn point. I’m in the process of getting kibble prepared. I hope to be hearing from you.Also, are basilos better then megs damage and health wise? Goodbye

Basi's are tanks, I usually level hp to somewhere between 20-25k, rest goes into melee with maybe the odd point into weight if it's a bit low, don't bother with stam as it recovers very quickly, their speed is low and levelling it is just wasting points

I usually tame them on Ragnarok or the centre so not sure of spawn locations on the island, usually see them around herbivore island though but probably best to check the spawn map, they don't go too deep when wild as they take damage, not much like and it's safe to use them in deep water, you could do with a baryonyx for taming them as it deals with the mantas easily, if you don't have one then have a look through my posts for a shark cage design for getting rid of the mantas, might be a bit dodgy around herbivore island cos of the leeds though

I think Herbivore island is one of the main spawn points. But before you start taming you have to take care, because it is surrounded by mantas. The best way to get rid of those is with the tail whip of a Baryonyx. The basilo swims away, but only a few metres. Another thing you have to take care of, DONT change its food. When youre feeding it kibble and then feed it mutton, its taming progress is gone and resets. 

They are better than Megalodons in health (i dont know about melee) and they cant get stunned and grabbed (great for underwater caves). They also recover health quickly if they are near the surface, because they take damage when they are to deep. But thex are slower than the Megalodon. 

On 1/3/2019 at 4:30 PM, NukeTheDinoGamer said:

After asking how to tame a meg and if it was immune to jellyfish and eels, people have told me to tame a basilo. I am down at the stone isle, and would like to know if Basilos spawn nearby or I need to go deeper. I have gone to herbivore island once and saw 1, but do not know if this is their main spawn point. I’m in the process of getting kibble prepared. I hope to be hearing from you.Also, are basilos better then megs damage and health wise? Goodbye

There is no "main spawn point", like everything else in ARK they spawn at multiple locations.

If you need in depth information on how to tame animals, or just general background information, dodocex and arkipedia are both great resources.

Archived