Current Meta For Alpha Rockwell

Shaudeuken

On 2/2/2019 at 10:17 AM, Pellao said:

You can take managarmrs into any boss fights, just keep in mind it's almost practically useless in Rockwell with the exception of using it against nameless and reapers, as the breath does not work against Rockwell nor the tentacles.

Was it tested at official server for damage output for rockwell?

15 hours ago, Vaculity said:

Was it tested at official server for damage output for rockwell?

Yep, most noteworthy situations are like when extinction servers were lagging, if your aberration server lags, it becomes a piece of sh*t, and you'll be shooting from a fair distance away unless you want to get hit by the tentacles, you'll lose like half your dps (tested by one tentacle being dealt with a managarmr right in front and another just barely out of hitting range on gamma Rockwell), it just takes too long... Gamma is like 2-3 shotgun shots by one person per tentacle as well.. It's a fun thing to use in boss fights but at the end of the day, you'd need to man multiple managarmrs and have support from other dinos, let's say you have a well imprinted managarmr to 800% melee (very high) and compare it to a imprinted Rex with 400% melee, you'll do more damage on that Rex than the managarmr.. But of course that's for land bosses, so if you do it on dragon or manticore that has high flying timers you'll obviously fill up all the damage gap (not really that good for island dragon, just a for fun thing). But of course with ppl slowly mutating them we'll see higher melee managarmrs. Because of its viability I also tested it on single player settings, it certainly works there but it's single player settings.. That's like x10 damage dealt to bosses.

Our set up for Alpha Rockwell and we honed this by running this 4 times on a private server I set up to fine tune it. I recommend if you can to set one up for your group and run it together a few times as the Rockwell fight isn’t the normal bareknuckle brawl some boss’s are. Its coordination and organization with clearly assign roles.  So to the point We bring 9 or 10 people though I don’t recommend going with 10 as there is always a chance the 10th player will be left out of the fight.  Our dino set up

8 – Aberrant Mega’s 20k hp 700 melee though I think you could get away with less 550 600 would get the fight done

2 – charge light pets ( no type is better though we used featherlights since I breed them for high emission range 700-800 emission range) The larger the area you can cover the better IMO

9 or 10 – Rock Drakes 20k hp min no other stat requirement but having 1500 stamina to continue moving without many breaks is ideal. There are very few rest spots in the fight typically right after a damage round when Rockwell is shutdown for a few seconds.

We worked on the roles for this fight on a private server to compensate for the issues we came across and I will try to explain.

First off the (riders) we kept 4 people back in front to the edge of the plateform.

One on each side to be dedicated on orbs this is a must the orbs do the most damage in the fight if you let them hit. Those two brought 500 rounds of ammo each and 298% assault rifles. The 298% isn’t required could be 100% but as is typical with high end weapons they have really good durability which is what your after to be able to shoot 500 rounds without it breaking on you.  

The other two riders that stay in front have three roles. Each of them keeps two megas on follow set to attack my target on each side. It’s important that they can use commands for the dinos well as occasionally the megas will run up and start biting the front two tenticles or run off and try to fight adds so they need to be able to call them back and turn them on and off attack with ease.  There are adds in this boss fight nameless and Elemental Reaper kings. These riders deal with the adds they also are the two with the charge light pets to weaken the nameless and reapers. The second role they have is to assist with shooting down the front two tentacles when they respawn. The front two Tenticles have a delay before you can shoot them  and there is a small window of time to get them down before they slam down and cause serious damage so its important that they help put damage on the front two tentacles.  I was a one of these guys in the fight so I could watch and call out adds and assist with tentacles on my side all the way to the back two since your shotgun can reach all the way down but we stay put for the most part in the front. The third role these two fill is to initially control and send in the other 4 or 5 megas onto Rockwell at the beginning of the fight. I send them straight down the path to Rockwell on attack my target and leave them there the whole fight (if you have 80 plus armor saddle and 20k hp there is no need to call them back) damaging the boss when the tenticles are all down. If your megas are strong enough you won’t even have to shoot rockwell during this window the megas will take him down fast enough. Though if everyone is reset back at the front it doesn’t hurt to shoot as well but in my case at 750 melee megas it wasn’t a necessity and gave the group time to get back to the front and get ready to shoot the front two tenticles again.

The other 4 or 5 riders need to split into two groups they will ride their drakes and be responsible for shooting down the tenticles with their shotguns as fast as possible all the way around. This job is simplistic but there are some dangers to watch. First being about half way through the tenticles start discharding lighting so they have to be mindful how close they are. Second danager is adds though they won’t kill you quickly if you aren’t kiting them back to the front so the megas can dispatch them they will chip away at you and you will die.

For gear we all had good flak gear on we didn’t need hazard armor since we started the fight from a drop. If you can be organized and get your dinos and characters to a new one and get the items in for the fight this is the best way as when you finish the fight you are ascended and leave your mounts and gear on the map and have to get back to them to retrieve once you load back into the map.  For Guns we had 8 shotguns 298% which I would recommend for the tenticles or as close as you can get and 2 assault riffles with good durability. I took along extra assuault rifles so if our orb shooter went down I could pick up the slack.

Dangers we experienced light pets will be taken off your shoulder if you get hit with tenticles especially the electrified tenticles so be mindful of your shoulder pet.  Keep them on your shoulder when porting in or they will fly off and it’s a pain to get them before the fight starts . You can do the fight without them but its very much harder to do as the reapers get troublesome. Everyone must stay on their role if someone deviates one side weakens and the time to take down the tenticles grows. So the time you can apply damage to Rockwell gets longer apart and you could run out of time. If the two shooting orbs aren’t doing their job the whole group will wipe before the end of the fight you can only take a number of the orbs before your gear breaks and you die from the next.

Hope this helps someone its long winded sorry

• 8 months later...
On 1/5/2019 at 9:35 PM, flamron said:

Untrue. I won’t say what fight or what dino, but it is absolutely possible to pod a dino and throw it in a boss arena. 

For Alpha Rockwell, we just used 280+ shotguns. 7 riders with 70+ armor and 18-20k HP drakes sit in the spawn area and spread out. 3 riders move around Rockwell shooting the outer tentacles. When the last tentacle goes down, the 7 middle riders unload until it drops while the 3 fly back. Rinse and repeat. Done in 5-6 rounds. The front 7 also shoot gas balls and deal with reapers as needed. Take 450 shells each and a light pet. We use max armor flak too. 

No you really cant do it on official servers don't be stubborn

Alpha can be done w/ 6 people.  You could have all drakes , a mix of drakes and stegos or ankys.  If you have 10 people, I would do 4 drakes, 4 stegos or ankys, 2 spino riders or 2 mega riders.  Everyone with shotguns and the spino/ mega riders just clean up around the stegos , stays clear of the stegos when the tentacles hit and go protect them as they get remounted if they get stunned.  If some of those riders lose a light pet or 2 the puddle of berry eaters and spinos can use the others lights to keep the reapers weakened for the spinos/ megas to clear out.

The other new method people are using is no mounts, gliding around rockwell just using shotguns.

Archived