Current Meta For Alpha Rockwell

Shaudeuken

Tribe is gearing up for this what is the easiest way to complete.

Currently we are looking at running drakes and megas. will have 360+ shotguns and 25k ish drakes with 70+ saddles then just megas up front. We will have 10 people for the fight. 

Will that be enough? what else are people running that is successful? we all have a couple characters we need to run through the fight.

1 hour ago, Celestest said:

some would have to do without a lightpet as 10 drakes and 10 lightpets already count towards the 20 tame limit, since you wanted to take megalo's in aswell proposedly to tank the balls some dino's would be left out

good call! i didn't think about the tame limit with the light pets. Ive seen some people let stegos run around on aggressive wander to "entertain" the reapers that spawn in. is that viable?

On ‎1‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 11:56 PM, Shaudeuken said:

good call! i didn't think about the tame limit with the light pets. Ive seen some people let stegos run around on aggressive wander to "entertain" the reapers that spawn in. is that viable?

I just use megalo's at the front, not to fight anything but just to take off a portion of the red balls, there is no point in actualy fighting the mobs taht spawn they will continuously respawn anyway, better to rush tentacles.

9 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

You can't throw pods in boss battles.

Untrue. I won’t say what fight or what dino, but it is absolutely possible to pod a dino and throw it in a boss arena. 

For Alpha Rockwell, we just used 280+ shotguns. 7 riders with 70+ armor and 18-20k HP drakes sit in the spawn area and spread out. 3 riders move around Rockwell shooting the outer tentacles. When the last tentacle goes down, the 7 middle riders unload until it drops while the 3 fly back. Rinse and repeat. Done in 5-6 rounds. The front 7 also shoot gas balls and deal with reapers as needed. Take 450 shells each and a light pet. We use max armor flak too. 

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, Balteraxe said:

Not sure if I'm allowed to link video's here, but have a video that might help you with preparing for the fight.

If it's not allowed, than I'm sorry and I'll edit the post.

There is absolutely no problem to share videos anywhere on the forums as long as they are on-topic. :)

• 2 weeks later...

4 Stego riders in the middle with Veg Cakes

3 Drake riders on Left and Right side respectively.

Everyone has a Light Pet, Med Brews, high dura/armor Flak and a 250+ dmg Pump Shotgun with 350+ shells.

Drake riders start in the back and work their way back to the front. One the last Tentacle is down everyone goes ham with the shotguns. Rinse and repeat until dead.

4 hours ago, MirageUK said:

We did all levels of Rockwell using good pump shotguns, mounted on the shoulders of monkeys - max 4 man but also done solo. Run n gun!.. not stopping for anything.  Run around, avoid/jump over enemies and blast the tentacles.. then return to center to blast his heart.

Man I'd love to see a video of that, lol. 

Not cause I don't believe you, but because I think that'd be hilarious to watch. 

Ok so the meta on small tribes is as followed... 6 people on stegos with lightpets and shotguns 2 go to the left, 2 go to the right,  2 stay more at the front. everyone needs to shotgun the boss when its time. It is a very very very easy boss fight, dont waste time on rock drakes it will only complicate everything.

On 1/24/2019 at 8:46 PM, Deadluck said:

Ok so the meta on small tribes is as followed... 6 people on stegos with lightpets and shotguns 2 go to the left, 2 go to the right,  2 stay more at the front. everyone needs to shotgun the boss when its time. It is a very very very easy boss fight, dont waste time on rock drakes it will only complicate everything.

I don't see how using Rock Drake complicate things. My tribe had ran a lot without issues of it, and I believe others does.

On 1/3/2019 at 1:37 PM, Demerus said:

no light pets? if you get webbed by reapers you can get overwhelmed very quickly if you aren't careful.

As long as the group sticks together, shoot the tentacles while moving and paying attention to electrified tentacles ahead, the run should go fine.

Can you use the Charge Lanterns in the Rockwell arena, instead of light pets. We were thinking of running the same 10/20 combo (1 drake each person/10 Megas). So my assumption would go to the charge lanterns. This is why I'm here right now in the first place to find out if we can drop down Charge lanterns ? We can have them in out hotbar but we'll be busy shooting. If you have an answer in the next 48 hours, it would be very helpful. Cheers

On 1/22/2019 at 8:17 AM, MirageUK said:

We did all levels of Rockwell using good pump shotguns, mounted on the shoulders of monkeys - max 4 man but also done solo. Run n gun!.. not stopping for anything.  Run around, avoid/jump over enemies and blast the tentacles.. then return to center to blast his heart.

Ok, I can see that working... never thought of the big dude in that kind of fight but yeah, makes sense. And if you're in trouble he could just toss you away from the fray. Man, I'm surprised that hasn't been recorded yet  ;)

8 hours ago, JoJo417 said:

Can you use the Charge Lanterns in the Rockwell arena, instead of light pets. We were thinking of running the same 10/20 combo (1 drake each person/10 Megas). So my assumption would go to the charge lanterns. This is why I'm here right now in the first place to find out if we can drop down Charge lanterns ? We can have them in out hotbar but we'll be busy shooting. If you have an answer in the next 48 hours, it would be very helpful. Cheers

You can't drop down charge lantern, only use them as a weapon, and honestly, it is worthless anyways in such scenario.

On 21 January 2019 at 2:48 PM, 7Suns said:

Flamron are you able to take mana's into rockwell?

You can take managarmrs into any boss fights, just keep in mind it's almost practically useless in Rockwell with the exception of using it against nameless and reapers, as the breath does not work against Rockwell nor the tentacles.

Archived