Should restriction come on Extinction? (Dino Transfer)

Psych0P3nguin

With Server transfers coming to Extinction, I truly feel like there should be restriction on dinos that come in (mostly wyverns). Granted I know they messed up with transferring tames out, like titans going to anything not extinction. But Wyverns imho will completely ruin Extinction i feel. There are plenty of good places to build in Extinction because of the dinos on the map, that can't reach it easily and do damage at same time. Wyverns will change that, and destroy most those bases. Also having seen some gameplay on unofficials, I've seen how easy it is to tame a titan with a lightning wyvern. I think there should be some restrictions on what comes in, even before that though, they should fix the engrams for Extinction. (but thats a different topic)

1 hour ago, Psych0P3nguin said:

With Server transfers coming to Extinction, I truly feel like there should be restriction on dinos that come in (mostly wyverns). Granted I know they messed up with transferring tames out, like titans going to anything not extinction. But Wyverns imho will completely ruin Extinction i feel. There are plenty of good places to build in Extinction because of the dinos on the map, that can't reach it easily and do damage at same time. Wyverns will change that, and destroy most those bases. Also having seen some gameplay on unofficials, I've seen how easy it is to tame a titan with a lightning wyvern. I think there should be some restrictions on what comes in, even before that though, they should fix the engrams for Extinction. (but thats a different topic)

But we need wyverns bro , map is kind of big and a nice fast wyvern will make it a lot better .

2 hours ago, Psych0P3nguin said:

...How exactly do you plan to destroy a base with a wyvern? Especially if it has automated defenses? This isn't an issue on other maps and it isn't going to be here, either. They can't even break stone.

As a PvE player I still think Wyv's will break the map. 

Extinction is already an unoptimized, laggy map and allowing one of the laggiest animated dino's is not good for it.

Titans are already easy to tame/kill, Wyv's will make it even more pointless.

I honestly wonder about fire wyv's at a purple drop. Right now, Corrupt Wyv's are what make that drop challenging but if fire wyv's take no damage from corrupted fire, one titan and 3 fire wyv's to combat the corrupt wyv's, an owl to heal between, everybody will be able to run 50 rounds.

In the grand scheme, it doesn't matter I suppose but at least right now there is a bit of challenge to these things that's just gonna go to easy mode when Wyv's are in. 

I also wonder about the King Titans attacks and if they'll be able to be avoided and if he will be able to be dispatched by Titanosaur killing Lightnings.

I don't have a problem with any other dino being transferred in (Corrupt Trike will probably still enrage these 365+ melee hatch Giga's), Reapers are strong but purple drop has enough nasties to do some damage, Crab is a farmer, Drakes are just fast movement but I think Wyv's will hurt Extinction.

1 hour ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

As a PvE player I still think Wyv's will break the map. 

Extinction is already an unoptimized, laggy map and allowing one of the laggiest animated dino's is not good for it.

Titans are already easy to tame/kill, Wyv's will make it even more pointless.

I honestly wonder about fire wyv's at a purple drop. Right now, Corrupt Wyv's are what make that drop challenging but if fire wyv's take no damage from corrupted fire, one titan and 3 fire wyv's to combat the corrupt wyv's, an owl to heal between, everybody will be able to run 50 rounds.

In the grand scheme, it doesn't matter I suppose but at least right now there is a bit of challenge to these things that's just gonna go to easy mode when Wyv's are in. 

I also wonder about the King Titans attacks and if they'll be able to be avoided and if he will be able to be dispatched by Titanosaur killing Lightnings.

I don't have a problem with any other dino being transferred in (Corrupt Trike will probably still enrage these 365+ melee hatch Giga's), Reapers are strong but purple drop has enough nasties to do some damage, Crab is a farmer, Drakes are just fast movement but I think Wyv's will hurt Extinction.

Remeber that wyvern isbt technically meant for tanking hits. In a lightning wyvern at purple drop, not dispatching the flyer quickly will result in a swift death... Not to mention the risk of friendly fire if yoy ha e tribe mates witb you.

Some hits from titan can still hit wyverns, not just king titan.

Need to test if fire wyvern is immune to all kinds of fire damage save from the lava.

I think it should remain same-dino only while opening up limited item transfers for Official. Follow in Aberration's suite. They could revamp the sunken forest to include more Aberration dinos and it would be interesting to add other non-evasive dinos. 

I wish they went and added a small lab to the sunken forest (cave addition?) Where you can harvest seeds for everything, rare mushrooms, rare flower, Silk plants and maybe even other plants in the wild that we could grow just for aestetics. A bit off topic there, lol.

The main reason for aberration possessing foreign dino restriction in the first place was due to the nature of its subterranean feature which makes flyers and some particular dinosaur broken. Extinction dont have those kind of limitations.

also, even if there is restriction, if cap is what you fear about, it wont stop troublemaking tribes from capping it with other transferred dino, like 350 inbred rex.

4 hours ago, Vaculity said:

And then two more months, and then four more months, and then just block it all together.

see where that trend is? Wc most likely dont want to follow it.

Nah. We will be done with the map by then without transfers. With transfers, we complete it in a week and a half. Tried to enjoy it and take it slow. But no need with open transfers. The question is what do we do now?  Quit?  Go to the island/rag/SE/Ab and do the same thing over and over?  Grind only goes so far. But 2-3 years out of a game is really good. Just disappointing it ends here. 

20 hours ago, Psych0P3nguin said:

Restriction should be only players with so many beds and structures and tames and hours played on the server can download stuff.  No one without x amount of stuff can download and if they join they get a extinction debuff that half their stats 

20 hours ago, Wazzamaniac said:

...How exactly do you plan to destroy a base with a wyvern? Especially if it has automated defenses? This isn't an issue on other maps and it isn't going to be here, either. They can't even break stone.

I'm not worried about being foundation wiped. I'm worried about the poison wyvern having a father range than my turrets and being able to just blast my tames until their death. I can't place turrets any farther out to get a better range.

15 hours ago, EternalPhoenix said:

Wyverns would not be game-breaking, I don think, because managarmrs serve more or less the same purpose, but if they are not damaged by fire, they should be able to be, selectly by corrupted wyverns.

except mana cant sustain flight like a wyvern, so its not combatable high up, as poison has farther range if my testing was correct.

17 hours ago, Paroxyde said:

If you feel threatened by wyverns, then would you tremble in fear against tapejara/thyla weekend raiders, wouldn't you?

no, a tape and thyla would get destroyed by my base. I'm only worried about wyverns seeing as Extinction can't get them. hard to know how protect against them on this map until youre wiped by one.

21 hours ago, SmokeyB said:

But we need wyverns bro , map is kind of big and a nice fast wyvern will make it a lot better .

My mana has 2k on hatch, usually 2.4k after imprint. A few levels and theyre up at 3k. I can run from Desert to Sunken in like 2 minutes. Wyvern wont make that trek much better/easier.

3 hours ago, Psych0P3nguin said:

I'm not worried about being foundation wiped. I'm worried about the poison wyvern having a father range than my turrets and being able to just blast my tames until their death. I can't place turrets any farther out to get a better range.

except mana cant sustain flight like a wyvern, so its not combatable high up, as poison has farther range if my testing was correct.

no, a tape and thyla would get destroyed by my base. I'm only worried about wyverns seeing as Extinction can't get them. hard to know how protect against them on this map until youre wiped by one.

My mana has 2k on hatch, usually 2.4k after imprint. A few levels and theyre up at 3k. I can run from Desert to Sunken in like 2 minutes. Wyvern wont make that trek much better/easier.

You can put your dinos inside a building. Otherwise people can kill them just as easily with guns anyway.

19 hours ago, Psych0P3nguin said:

You use a longneck on a tape/thyla/griffin. Anything the poison can hit, the longneck will too. And do a better job. Beside trick shooting a door to gas the guy inside. 

On 1/4/2019 at 9:56 AM, Psych0P3nguin said:

Imprinting does not affect stamina(edit:  unless you play unofficial or SP with mods, in which case just use classic flyers hahaha), which talking about a Mana there is no other stat that would be possible or laudable at 2000.  No stam or o2 bonus with imprint.

But 2k birth is pretty damn good.

I am super excited for the 15th to be able to bring in my Wyvern to Official Extinction PvE.

I want this Wyvern of mine on Official Extinction. I am currently stuck with a lv 30 (base level) argent as my best (lv 300+ back on Center), a level 145 tape that has to stop for stamina before getting from the forest to the city (several higher level tapes who can fly farther than that, AND carry more weight back on Center). My tribe has several Lv 200+ wyverns back in Center who haven't been used in months, because we have more than we use (holding onto them in case a Wyvern dies, or old tribemates return to ark).

I say NO to restrictions and delays to PvE transfers. Anyone suggesting restrictions or delays for PvE angers me, as I do not want transfers (to pve) to be delayed or restricted any longer. I want to bring my Center babies into Extinction, tired of flying on these poopy fliers.

Archived