Wildcard I never thought ide say this

Icelube

I have thought for the last 20 years after watching EA buy and destroy my favourite game studios that they were the devil I mean pure evil about nothing but the bottom line disgusting corporate money grabbing evilness.

but you wildcard you now sit in EA’s place in my head this ATLAS crap is the last straw...

The  game is literally an ark dlc it’s been proven quite conclusively if anyone reading this doesent believe me hit YouTube!

and don’t give me any of your crap about it being your sister company that made it or another company or any of the other lies you have been spreading. 

Years we have been waiting for you too fix ark and make it work properly all the while you bring out DLC after DLC just grabbing that money riding that gravy train as far as you can push it and now this just wow! I have to admit I’m genuinely surprised at this latest massive turd on the consumer 

knowing that we wouldn’t stand for another dlc you tried to pass it off as a completely new game.. a new low even for wildcard 

I wonder just just how many refund requests atlas has garnered since launch I think about it fondly often. 

Personaly Wildcard you will never get another penny out of me as long as I live I don’t care if you come up with total immersive virtual reality tomorow never again will I give you another dime 

and anyone reading this who has an ounce of self respect or integrity as a consumer and gaming fan I humbly suggest you do the same this company it’s values the way it poops all over  its customers with not a shred of decency or integrity all wildcard cares about is its profits the bottom line not about it’s customers not about proper support not about giving people exactly what they paid for just the bottom line they do the bare minimum and it’s wrong 

wildcard as a company needs to die.

I have to disagree that Atlas is an Ark dlc. I haven't played Atlas but I watch Atlas on twitch every day. Atlas looks awesome and well worth the money as a stand alone game.

I dont know how fun it is on official servers but it looks like the people who play on unofficial roleplaying servers are having an absolute blast and love Atlas for its unique gameplay. Its a much different experience from Ark and these roleplayers have been playing Ark since its early access release.

1 minute ago, Rintrahhh said:

I have to disagree that Atlas is an Ark dlc. I haven't played Atlas but I watch Atlas on twitch every day. Atlas looks awesome and well worth the money as a stand alone game.

I dont know how fun it is on official servers but it looks like the people who play on unofficial roleplaying servers are having an absolute blast and love Atlas for its unique gameplay. Its a much different experience from Ark and these roleplayers have been playing Ark since its early access release.

Not an Ark DLC you say..? Ok.. 

Watch this

6 minutes ago, Icelube said:

Not an Ark DLC you say..? Ok.. 

Watch this

You do realize that sister/brother companies share the same files, right? It's cheaper for smaller companies to share similar files in order to save money, and MAKE MONEY from consumers. Atlas, though is yes a copy and paste of Ark, isn't Ark at all. It's like saying any game similar to this is a basic Ark game. For examply, Dark Souls is a copy of Demon Souls, but is a completely different game and story. Bloodborne is a complete copy of the former with a few different mechanics and overall new story and creatures. In fact, Sekiro - Shadows Die Twice... could very well be the same. But they're all completely different games.

I do have to say though, I'm a little upset that the description for Ark once said "stranded NAKED on an island" yet I spawned in with chest wraps and underwear. I'd love some sort of nudity in the game honestly. Only reason why I'm not throwing my money at Conan is cause I can't tame dinos in that game.

Yes, Atlas is a total conversion mod of ARK, and what?

This is not the first time they do that, remember Dark and Light? I was another ARK total conversion with magic and dragons, 20k players the firsts weeks and see where it is now, 300 concurrent players and peaks of 700, sure they losing money with that.

I think this is perfectly valid to release it as separate game, as it doesn't fit in ark's lore. However there is a very big gap and they will have work extremely fast and efficient or it will be another fiasco. Currently there are some bugs related with claiming and pvp in pve servers that are making the community leave the game. Add to that a good number of inherit bugs from ARK.

But really, it is not their fault, it is the fault of Valve, Microsoft, Sony, Nintendo... All of that stores should have mechanism to tell WC, "ey, your game is not completely functional, fix it or you cant release new ones, much less based on the same engine".

56 minutes ago, arkark said:

Yes, Atlas is a total conversion mod of ARK, and what?

This is not the first time they do that, remember Dark and Light? I was another ARK total conversion with magic and dragons, 20k players the firsts weeks and see where it is now, 300 concurrent players and peaks of 700, sure they losing money with that.

I think this is perfectly valid to release it as separate game, as it doesn't fit in ark's lore. However there is a very big gap and they will have work extremely fast and efficient or it will be another fiasco. Currently there are some bugs related with claiming and pvp in pve servers that are making the community leave the game. Add to that a good number of inherit bugs from ARK.

But really, it is not their fault, it is the fault of Valve, Microsoft, Sony, Nintendo... All of that stores should have mechanism to tell WC, "ey, your game is not completely functional, fix it or you cant release new ones, much less based on the same engine".

I'm pretty sure that ATLAS runs on an updated version of the engine.  I also have a strong suspicion that, like ARK, the VAST majority of the ATLAS player base will be playing on private servers instead of official ones.  As I said, that's just my personal prediction... we'll have to see what happens as it progresses through the various stages of Early Access to be sure though.  At this point, really, anything could happen.  

I wouldn't worry too much though.  Even in its current form ATLAS is still holding pretty steady as one of STEAMS more popular games (usually holding steady at around 12 or 13th place), which isn't bad considering how rough it's EA release was.

16 minutes ago, Ranger1 said:

I'm pretty sure that ATLAS runs on an updated version of the engine.  I also have a strong suspicion that, like ARK, the VAST majority of the ATLAS player base will be playing on private servers instead of official ones.  As I said, that's just my personal prediction... we'll have to see what happens as it progresses through the various stages of Early Access to be sure though.  At this point, really, anything could happen.  

I wouldn't worry too much though.  Even in its current form ATLAS is still holding pretty steady as one of STEAMS more popular games (usually holding steady at around 12 or 13th place), which isn't bad considering how rough it's EA release was.

Well, currently there are some caveats with private servers. Yesterday night I was watching an stream on twitch of a private server and the broadcasters also admins of the server were pretty frustated because their 2x1 map was not allowing them to show the boss fight to their audience. I think its not as easy as ark for server admins. Not sure atm what is the minimum grid configuration to be able to do everything on the map, including boss and access to all resources and creatures, and if that configuration is easy to deploy or not.

We will see. DnL started reasonably good despite not having all the hype atlas had and lasted 2 months. After that, and because of devs struggling to fix very ugly bugs related to tames and hitboxes (among more other things like not releasing the dev kit ppl was asking for...) there was a large drop of players that the game despite having released free dlc official maps with new content has not been able to recover.

If you see the atlas forum, there are some things that need fixes because there are game breaking, it is stuff related to land claiming (including structures), possibility of kill tames of others in pve, kill ppl in pve. Also it seem some mechanics of the cannon are really broken and ppl knows and are getting advantage of it (multi hit), and also there are some old ARK bugs, already patched, that are present on Atlas, for example one related with pin locked storage that some ppl is able to guess the code in few secs. As I said, devs need to be fast at fixing all of that before ppl get burnt and quit.

• Wildcard Community
5 minutes ago, Icelube said:

wow there are some serious fanboy responses here I mean do you hear yourselves?

This is a bloody reskin of a DLC yet costs as much as a full game and will get more expencive when it actually releases companies feed of this kind of customer foolishness..

Im lost for words man

It really isn't though. While textures and mechanics give it an ARK-ey vibe, there are mechanics in place that just aren't. A couple examples to this would be the entirety of the sailing aspect (which makes use of waves, wind direction, etc.) as well as server architecture.

If the only reasoning for calling Atlas an ARK reskin is due to the similarity of assets and mechanics then I'd have to ask why people weren't protesting that something like say, Batman Arkham Knight isn't just an Arkham City reskin, just to use an example.

23 hours ago, Ranger1 said:

It was. Currently it is at 26th place, and it is losing thousands of players at peak hours every day according to steamcharts metrics. Nothing that cannot be reverted yet but still losing the opportunity of taking all the advantage the hype created.

If I could recommend something to the devs it would be patch fast and ensure patches dont break things, release dev kit, release content that mmo usually have (quests, high end) because you are selling as mmo.

With DnL, that also was sold as mmo they took very long to release the first cave (dungeon they called but it was a cave with just a boss at the end), the quests were incompleted, the cities were incompleted, interaction with npc's was buggy and also almost inexistent apart from the vendors...

• Volunteer Moderator
17 hours ago, Icelube said:

are u kidding me ? you can get in to the back end and it shows the game as a DLC for ark in the same llist as scorched earth etc called ocean..

watch the youtube video.

Well, the simple fact it doesn't requires ARK to run or purchase ATLAS pretty much annihilate your argument of it being a DLC. This would be like saying CS:GO is an HL2's DLC.

On 1/3/2019 at 1:24 PM, Icelube said:

are u kidding me ? you can get in to the back end and it shows the game as a DLC for ark in the same llist as scorched earth etc called ocean..

It's not a secret that a lot of mechanics etc. for ATLAS were developed in a build of ARK, so spotting ARK developer access menus and file systems is not exactly a revelation.  Sharing resources and development assets between the two games is rather obviously the point.

16 hours ago, arkark said:

Currently it is at 26th place, and it is losing thousands of players at peak hours every day according to steamcharts metrics.

Steams list of top games per current players is constantly changing as it's based on those online actively playing at any given time.  I have checked at various times of day since shortly after ATLAS was released.  Each time I have checked it has been at between 11th and 13th place, holding fairly steady at roughly 45K currently active players.  At the moment it's just before 7pm central time and ATLAS is at #11 with just shy of 45k players online.  Respectfully I haven't found anything on Steam Charts other than surprisingly steady numbers considering the short period of time that it's been out and the rough EA launch that it had.

Archived