Bee Hive Bug

Winterose

Hi guys!

I do not know if anyone ever mentioned it, but I found a bug involving the bee hive, in which if you put it and then use the option to get back (from this last update), you get a bee hive and the queen is still there ready to be caught and transformed into a second beehive.

So can anyone confirm it, or did it just happen to me?

7 hours ago, Winterose said:

Hi guys!

I do not know if anyone ever mentioned it, but I found a bug involving the bee hive, in which if you put it and then use the option to get back (from this last update), you get a bee hive and the queen is still there ready to be caught and transformed into a second beehive.

So, yes, you absolutely can clone the bee hive. However, I think thats all you're doing. When you place down the hive, and then immediately pick it back up, the bee is left there to be picked up (thus gathering a 2nd hive) but the first hive you picked up will be empty if you place it down and pick it back up. The only thing I wasn't able to really test out, nor am I willing to due to lack of flowers, is if it will clone the bee as well at some point (if you destroy an empty nest that hasn't had any food source in it for a while, the bee is gone and you lose the nest)

• Volunteer Moderator
7 hours ago, Winterose said:

Hi guys!

This is a known issue, however the hive that is given back to you doesn't contain a bee.

14 hours ago, WienerSchnitzel said:

Well how do you think all those alpha tribes got like 20 bee hives?

Have u ever seen members of a large tribe taming a queen?...just saying

Lol, bee's are easy to tame,especially when you have kibble! Chomp nest with bear, tame bee. Theres like 50 spots on Rag that they're on the ground

3 hours ago, d1nk said:

Lol, bee's are easy to tame,especially when you have kibble! Chomp nest with bear, tame bee. Theres like 50 spots on Rag that they're on the ground

Dude i know that. I'm just saying that duping is a thing and i can't imagine that a huge pvp tribe will tame 20 bee hives..They just have them

7 hours ago, WienerSchnitzel said:

Dude i know that. I'm just saying that duping is a thing and i can't imagine that a huge pvp tribe will tame 20 bee hives..They just have them

I can, I remember just 3 of us on the Island one time going around and coming home with 5 hives so a huge tribe coming home with 20 in one night would be easy.

8 hours ago, WienerSchnitzel said:

Ok i'm not saying that every tribe does it i'm just saying that there's an exploit which is used imo by plenty of big tribes on PvP servers.

I know that it's easy to tame a giant bee but it's still time consuming

Heres the thing tho, the more beehives you have, the more rare flowers you need. Beehives die overtime when put on the ground, once it dies, thats it its gone with no bee. Plus, honey isnt exactly game breaking, oh no they can make more veggie cakes! That army of ovis and achatina will be devastating! 

Granted they will be able to tank more hits with more cakes on things like turtles, but its no different than if they had gone out and tamed 20 bees which is absolutely something that can be done.

17 hours ago, ilShadow said:

Heres the thing tho, the more beehives you have, the more rare flowers you need. Beehives die overtime when put on the ground, once it dies, thats it its gone with no bee. Plus, honey isnt exactly game breaking, oh no they can make more veggie cakes! That army of ovis and achatina will be devastating! 

Granted they will be able to tank more hits with more cakes on things like turtles, but its no different than if they had gone out and tamed 20 bees which is absolutely something that can be done.

That's absolutely right and as i said i know that it's easy to tame a giant bee. But why being busy with that if you can just dupe them (gg devs btw) and go to do sth more important?

Sure honey isn't gamebreaking lol but OP told us about a bug with Bee Hives and i only mentioned that there's a thing called duping.

Which is tbh a big problem in this game

2 hours ago, WienerSchnitzel said:

That's absolutely right and as i said i know that it's easy to tame a giant bee. But why being busy with that if you can just dupe them (gg devs btw) and go to do sth more important?

Sure honey isn't gamebreaking lol but OP told us about a bug with Bee Hives and i only mentioned that there's a thing called duping.

Which is tbh a big problem in this game

Duping is absolutely a problem, and thats probably why they made it so you couldnt pick up high ticket items like chem benches, just in case they goofed up and made it possible to easily dupe them, like beehives.

1 hour ago, ilShadow said:

Duping is absolutely a problem, and thats probably why they made it so you couldnt pick up high ticket items like chem benches, just in case they goofed up and made it possible to easily dupe them, like beehives.

Well i've seen a vidoe of someone showing his stuff...he had like 10 replicators, 10 teleporters...so duping high end stuff like that is also a thing

On 1/2/2019 at 5:41 PM, Winterose said:

Hi guys!

this has been around for a VERY long time, anytime you pick up a bee hive before the recent update with an S+ Demo Gun you would get the hive and the queen, this has never been fixed, but now that its a factor on official it will probably get fixed

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
4 hours ago, Mj316 said:

Hi,

This is completely unrelated to this bug currently being discussed but it still involves beehives. I was wondering if any of you are experiencing the same thing when breaking a wild hive and no queen bee comes out? Or is it just me?

The wild bee hive has to be a fresh one since last server restart, if it's a hive before server restart, it will not have a queen inside.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived