winter wonderland in a nutshell

dodogal

TL;DR : this event just adds more RNG layers and tedium to a game that is already incredibly tedious, stop this nonsense WC, whoever came up with this needs to be fired at once

WC: Kid I have an incredible xmas gift for you

Kid : cool what is it?

WC: climb that mountain there at midnight and see for yourself

Kid : OK...

Kid : shizzle I can't see anything and lost half of my puppies on the way there

WC : suck it kid

Kid : shizzle up there got mauled by other tribes wanting that bright shinny thing you see from miles away

WC : suck it kid

Kid : after loosing half of my tribe, finally got one,  some crappy weapon armor saddle, where is the good stuff that really matters?

WC : RNG kid, try again and again and again....

Kid : finally got a rare saddle/gear but it's not even a blueprint

WC : RNG kid, try again and again and again....

Kid : yeah sure... and what about those coal and stuff

WC : Kid find a cute gacha and give it to them, just hope you don't get mauled by alphas in the process :)

Kid : OK finally got there and it gave me some crappy candies where is the good stuff that matters?

WC : RNG kid, try again and again and again.... BUT ... give it tons of stuff and you get a higher chance of good stuff :)

Kid : OK finally managed to give it 10 hard earned mistletoes, I lost 90% of my tribe to get them, and gacha gave me .... nothing

WC : RNG kid, try again and again and again... :)

Kid : lost 150% of my tribe and did it again, got a blue crystal cool !!!!!! let's see what it has .... what? a fking pickaxe !!! *faints and dies*

I stopped playing this game for a LONG time for a plethora of reasons, and my fiancee finally convinced me to come back on a nondedicated and play with her. Wanted to participate in the WW event. Wanted to do it FAIRLY, without using commands. 

Honestly, I feel like this entire event is aimed soley at high level players, and anyone who is new or restarting? Raptor them. We got close to getting ONE present, ONCE, but got jumped in the dark, our dinos refused to fight back (yay for WC's oh so reliable ai) and we died and lost our dinos (who had just decided to stand there and get eaten). 

I know I'm going to get a ton of GIT GUDS. Please keep it to yourself. I'm looking for intellegent discussion. 

Am I the only one who feels like the event is a little unfair to new players or players restarting? 

brand new yes a little, since it's packages not boosted drops. but if you can at least get a ptera, you should be able to hit one package per night, drop the coal, as it weight s metric ton... keep the mistletoe and drop the rocks for weight reasons.  have gotten some really good stuff from these.  i'm higher level and established, but I've been flapping around on my ptera just hunting presents

Yeah I did this garbage grind for the first few days - whatever I was doing, I'd stop when the music played and chase down every one of those stupid presents. Even on a private PVE server with a few friends I died a few times getting them. 

Only to get nothing but ghillie armor and some wood/stone structures. I'm a lvl 95 - don't really need that garbage. 

Figured maybe the gacha would work. Loaded one up with 100 mistletoe and 200 coal (coal I had to load in a few batches, since it's heavier than freakin black pearls) and got.....a full set of stone tools. Yay. 

Now when I hear the music, I stop what I'm doing for about 2 seconds, long enough to punch the air to show that stingy DireWolf what I think of him, and then I continue what I was doing. 

I'm happy, got some asc. Blueprints (gacha, gasbag, sword, pike, missing ghillie pieces), and some sweet crafted things which are especially useful on extinction since we can save the mats to build from blueprints. Even the building parts are helpful.

cryos are awesome for people who don't have a replicator yet or missing the expansion. 

Regarding the candy, the speed boost is nice and I like the colors. Decorations are fun. 

I never died to wilds picking up presents, and when someone didn't want to share I just waited for the next night. I had nights where no one else was collecting presents. People usually skipped presents when someone else was waiting at one already.

I'm sad they didn't change the main menu theme this time. 

2 hours ago, LordKelbor said:

hey those asc torches are amazing...just sayin

I didn't see any torch BPs but would really like one with good durability.

Well, I'm more then a little irritated that my seperate topic was merged into this one without so much as a warning or notification. 

I don't agree with OP, and I was not posting in this thread largely for that reason. I feel like they are way overblowing it, and I also don't play on PVP servers, so my situation is differant in that way, as well. I would have appreciated at least some type of notice that my post was being moved. 

On 1/2/2019 at 2:54 AM, Cowgirl said:

It's better than nothing, and you don't HAVE to participate if you don't want to.

You entirely missed the point

This event was supposed to be a gift, ultimately it's just more chores

If I knew it from the start of course I wouldn't waste so much precious time and dead tames, it was not even remotely worth the trouble

I'm just asking WC, if you want to make a gift, don't make it a chore, I would have prefered if we had 2X all during that whole time and no bullpoop RNG loot boxes that waste your time and get you and your dino killed in the process, I believe whoever designed this event, did it very lazily and without thinking much

U can see easily how much are players interested in this event now. On offi where I play first 3-4 days u didn't have a chance to get loot, and last night I was the only on loot.  Honestly weekend event is way much better.  And loot??? I swear I got better stuff from blue drop. I don't know why but I m still chasing it, at least grinder is full whole time. 

I've seen some people get amazing stuff and I'm mostly happy with the items I grabbed. 105 Iguanadon saddle, 101 terror bird (I'm collecting 100 armor saddle bp's of the creatures so win for me) 322 sword bp, plus some upgrades to my Ghillie Bp's. Since I wear ghillie 90 percent of my gameplay time I'm happy with that. 

Sure I haven't got anything epic outside the sword bp, which I use swords so definitely useful but I can't complain about the Raptor Claus drops. 

Nothing but apprentice or lower crystals from Gacha Claus though is crap. 

On 1/2/2019 at 1:59 AM, SaltyMonkey said:

Community: we miss the true winter wonderland events

WC: your wish has finally been granted

You: Wildcard why can’t you make this FREE event better for my own personal reasons

Community: Events are optional, no one is forcing you to participate

Even if the event is optional,the event should be some what like the first winter wonderland

We play on an unofficial PvP server and imo this event isn't that bad if it wouldn't be buggy af lol. I mean the lances are great to grind. You get a poopton of metal ingots out of them but those misteltoes...

I mean first of all the gacha. This moment when u find a 150 gacha and feed him this toes and he doesn't eat it...

The next day...he doesn't it it so you decide to move on to the next gacha...he might eat it, but doesn't drop anything. Later he doesn't eat them at all.

Then you find one who eats and drops...tons of primitive crystals with primitive candies or christmas stuff from which you get even more misteltoes when u grind them.

The fact that the best crystal you can get is the apprentice is also sth which is really annoying and boring. I mean of course there shouldn't be ascendant crystals only but at least a few..the only different crystal u can get is ramshackle lol

And i do agree with ppl saying that this event is made for high tier/endgame tribes. 5(!!!) giftboxes for a whole server. @ all those beachbobs: Have fun and good luck getting at least a stone foundation out of such a gift

Edit: I forgot to mention that those cryopods seem nice once u find some but not everybody got the extinction DLC (i got it but we didn't cluster extinction to our ragnarok server). So have fun the next 30 days :)

Archived