Updates

Maverick81PL

This game had one minor patch since it has been out that I didn't fix my crashes, load times or login failures. I still go on to feed my dinos because I put about 200 hours in and got some boss tames on official, but I have given up hope that WC will support this game at all beyond perhaps a post or two trying to convince people that they are. People laugh at me when I play ARK on the switch instead of literally any other game, and I don't blame them. Gonna go play Atlas now, good luck all.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Game is crashing lots.  Never had this issue since last and second last update.  There was some crazy ads that are now gone.  I know the team is working on it.  But both my iPhone 8 and iPad 2 wifi are crashing lots now.  Thankfully it seems that when the game starts again. At least I’m not 15 minutes behind.  Or falling off a flying mount.  

However.  I am waiting for the fix to become a yearly primal pass holder (which was a Xmas present). But i can’t spend that money for 3-10 minutes of game play.  Also.  Ancient amber ads may be part of the issue.  The counter doesn’t seem to actually keep track right.  Just trying to offer ideas.  

It’s a shame because I’ve spent a lot of money on this game from buying it on PS4 and buying the dlcs for it and buying a copy for my son on PS4 too with all the dlc. Then buying two copies again for my son and I on the switch because we want to support Nintendo. Just sad that they don’t care to interact more with their fans. I hope they put more effort into updating this game for switch. Maybe then would more people play. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/8/2019 at 11:30 PM, Spookypapi said:

It’s a shame because I’ve spent a lot of money on this game from buying it on PS4 and buying the dlcs for it and buying a copy for my son on PS4 too with all the dlc. Then buying two copies again for my son and I on the switch because we want to support Nintendo. Just sad that they don’t care to interact more with their fans. I hope they put more effort into updating this game for switch. Maybe then would more people play. 

I agree with you entirely. I too have tried many of their products. The lack of communication, support, and respect for the products has gotten me very reluctant to advise anyone purchase anything that these companies are involved in, unless it is at an extreme discount that is more reflective of the actual value of the products. This should be a $10 game that clearly states it is unsupported.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎1‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 7:57 AM, SonBanana said:

Xbox and PS are getting a long anticipated and important patch for ARK. When is it coming for the switch? Any Eta you can give use wildcard? :)

Hard to say if it'll come at all. I think we'll have to wait until later this year to see what they improve on the Switch before then.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been on the fence about getting ARK on the Switch, seeing how I racked up 6k hours on PC should make this an instant purchase. However, with all the negative feedback on graphics/performance and the lack of updates I held off. I recently watched this Spawn Wave video where he is casting shade on Wildcard for leaving everyone in the dark. I am inclined to believe him, but if Wildcard would confirm updates were coming I would still buy the Switch version.

Timestamp at 11:00 talking about ARK

I used to follow that guy, but hes a real nintentool.....he says the game gets no support yet every weekend we get an Extinction event & one of my buddies said they just stealth released X3 for V day....no colors or candies because that would make our switches melt...I think if he was honest his biggest problem with Ark Switch is it shows just how weak the system is. Its a fun game! Doesnt look like PC or PS4/Xbox nor will it likely ever be able to handle mods coming to it like those older consoles "enjoy" (lol....or they will once the games become playable with said mods active) but its still a fun game. At the very least its playable despite his claims.

Here is the most honest opinion you will ever get as a owner of the switch version. If you like ark. Buy it. If you like portability with the full game; Buy it. No one should care about updates or about the bugs.You guys may or may not remember that back in the 90s UPDATES didn't exist in a videogames. There was no such thing as DLC.  The game was the final product. If you can try to see that, you will get full enjoyment out of the game as you would on any other platform.

3 hours ago, Jpwinks said:

Here is the most honest opinion you will ever get as a owner of the switch version. If you like ark. Buy it. If you like portability with the full game; Buy it. No one should care about updates or about the bugs.You guys may or may not remember that back in the 90s UPDATES didn't exist in a videogames. There was no such thing as DLC.  The game was the final product. If you can try to see that, you will get full enjoyment out of the game as you would on any other platform.

I understand what you are trying to say, but does this qualify as a finished product when the Switch version has 1 out of 6 maps and is missing engrams/dinos?

I'm surprised and glad people are still enjoying this version of ARK. I wonder why there has been no major content updates for months though, maybe I am used to getting first dibs on PC. All the performance issues I am already used to and it doesn't phase me, overall a great game.

9 hours ago, Jpwinks said:

This isn’t the 90s though and this isn’t the full game and all other consoles are getting large patches regularly, just look at the posts. Also there was little to no information about the switch version pre or even post release from wildcard. I didn’t even  know there was only one map until I bought the game myself and found out. 

4 hours ago, Maverick81PL said:

There will be no future updates! On official Abstraction (https://twitter.com/AbstractionGame) they inform straight that WildCard have in ass switch game! 

They may try contact them but in all PC history with WildCard we know that nothing happened here. 

Oh ok. So you are an analphabet? Sorry, no offense but they say that they are still waiting for an answer on where to go with the Switch Version.

That being said it is not correct to say that its, raptor the Switch Version. There is hope and nothing is final for now 

On 2/15/2019 at 10:51 PM, Eviga said:

Oh ok. So you are an analphabet? Sorry, no offense but they say that they are still waiting for an answer on where to go with the Switch Version.

That being said it is not correct to say that its, raptor the Switch Version. There is hope and nothing is final for now 

And they do nothing. Like I said last time. There are no plans for switch patch, update or future something. They already going to remove first pack of servers on switch. PVP are going first. Have official info about that on that forum. 

• 2 weeks later...

Is the homestead update coming to switch anytime soon? I think many of the switch users are becomeing frustrated with the lack of updates especially bugfixes and when wildcard states “It's finally arrived! We're beyond thrilled to be releasing Structure Plus (S+) and the long-awaited kibble rework (now packaged together as 'Homestead') to all of our survivors March 5th 2019” specially the “all of our survivors” it completely ignores the switch leaving many feeling left behind

While I'm not as negative as some other people, history is the best indicator as to what may come in future and the Switch has yet to receive much in the way of attention.  Even on release it was not the "current" version (it lacked obvious changes like the 30-second pickup period, map generator, and still calls it "Crafting Speed").

That being said, the Switch version needs more than just this update.  The changes are great and all, but there's fundamental issues which need to be addressed first.  Texture issues (up to and including the scenery not having any texture, which is a good indicator of an impending crash), engram/stat issues on reload, mediocre performance (which in turn results in visual artefacts), and general instability are all substantially more critical than a couple of new foundations and a revamped kibble system (though both would be very welcome).

Long term, though, I feel what a lot of people would like at the very least would be some communication.  All I've been able to find anywhere are hints from Abstraction employees that Wild Card isn't telling them anything and won't let them patch autonomously.  No news is not necessarily good news, especially when no news is the problem.

I can only hope that they're trying to avoid duplicated efforts (eg Making changes that are going to need to be changed again, adding/changing systems that are being replaced/retired, etc), hence not actively moving forward.  But it's definitely not a good feeling.

Archived