Updates

Maverick81PL

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I created an account just for this. 

There will be no new members on Nintendo switch, nobody is going to play this game for the first time and be impressed.

and to the experienced ark players who gave our hard earned money to play this mobile on the Nintendo switch, this is very disappointing.

we need information ASAP as to when and what type of support this game is going to get. This is extremely disappointing. 

N

I created an account just for this. 

There will be no new members on Nintendo switch, nobody is going to play this game for the first time and be impressed.

and to the experienced ark players who gave our hard earned money to play this mobile on the Nintendo switch, this is very disappointing.

we need information ASAP as to when and what type of support this game is going to get. This is extremely disappointing

Altough i can enjoy the game (must have gotten used to it) in handheld mode, which i play most of the time, i think that it will cause bad sales numbers. Game itself runs good, same performance as the other versions, but they should take some time and solve the handheld resolution / texture / draw distance problem. Otherwise they‘ll lose a lot of money, i guess.

I can see two options regarding this. Either they‘ll update the game with two modes. One that gets you 5fps less, but way better resolution etc so that you can enjoy the game in handheld. Since you‘ll probably be playing offline in handheld, it won‘t be a problem. If you want to play online in handheld you could still switch to better fps.

Another option would be to port the android version to the switch by the end of 2019. I think this wouldn‘t be that hard, since switch os is not that much different from android. This version could coexist with the other version. You know, you can either get the full game with all the dlcs or you can play the mobile version for „free“ and get ingame purchases.

I manage to tame Pteranodon and make saddle for them. And... oh man... Game crash for me three times when I was flying over the Island.

On third time my save data was corrupted and I lost my save. Performance when we flaying is ok but, shutters and freezing not helping. Also this crashes.

I want one thing: To fix that weird cartoon trees. They literally in front of me and block my view...

Can you fix this? Is someone read our messages?? Why we can't get any answers from devs??  

Are they already fired from work?? 

I think they do not respond due to the extremely toxic community. 

I hope the switch version doesn‘t get abandonned. You know the xbox one version had a 500ish resolution, now its 720p.

If switch gets the same treatment, we‘ll probably see improvements in the coming weeks / months. I really hope it‘s as soon as possible, otherwise the game will most likely flop. Ark already gets a lot of hate but the switch version is somehow special, it even manages to get more hate, jeez.

OK, I manage to contact with Abstraction games about patch/update :)Here is what they reply:

"Hi Damian,

Short answer is: yes, there are going to be updates. For ARK Switch support, please reach out to the owner and publisher, Studio Wildcard. We don’t provide customer support to this title even though we are commissioned to working on ARK Switch along with Studio Wildcard. They are our client and they call the shots. We don’t have any ownership whatsoever with regards to ARK Switch as a product or even as a project."

Im happy :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, I've seen you on the Titan Quest subreddit! Looks like both of us are buying only the most terrible games on the platform. :D

As for the topic at hand, could it be the Christmas update? I think the other platforms received it today.
EDIT: Hm. Doesn't look very  christmas-y on Switch. Nevermind.

5 hours ago, Berserkerkitten said:

Hey, I've seen you on the Titan Quest subreddit! Looks like both of us are buying only the most terrible games on the platform. :D

As for the topic at hand, could it be the Christmas update? I think the other platforms received it today.
EDIT: Hm. Doesn't look very  christmas-y on Switch. Nevermind.

Does it look like anything has been improved?

7 minutes ago, lonegreywolf20 said:

Does it look like anything has been improved?

I want to say that some textures look a bit sharper when looked at up close? Some dinos seem more detailed and the trees change from billboard posters to actual tree branches faster and at greater distance, I believe. With that said, I'm worried I might just be experiencing some sort of placebo effect, so I'll wait for someone to confirm or deny my impressions.

1 minute ago, Berserkerkitten said:

I want to say that some textures look a bit sharper when looked at up close? Some dinos seem more detailed and the trees change from billboard posters to actual tree branches faster and at greater distance, I believe. With that said, I'm worried I might just be experiencing some sort of placebo effect, so I'll wait for someone to confirm or deny my impressions.

It at least sounds promising!

On 12/3/2018 at 8:31 AM, Maverick81PL said:

Hi, can someone from devs give us information about next updates on Nintendo Switch?? Is someone read our comments?? Maybe date release next patch/update/map dlc??
Please someone from devs, read ours comments and replay to us! 

dude these updates are gonna take a while the switch version has barely been out for a month. i'm pretty sure that over time most of these bugs will get fixed, but it's definitely going to be a wait

3 hours ago, lonegreywolf20 said:

It at least sounds promising!

I uploaded a small gallery of my impressions. Your mileage may vary, perhaps the game has always looked like this and I'm just seeing improvements where there are none. It's not my intention to mislead. It's entirely possible it's as ugly as ever and I'm just getting used to it.

https://imgur.com/a/b8Nj2Wd

I'm sure the updates are coming nonetheless. I mean the game's been out on the Switch for only so long, it makes sense that it's going to be crappier than on the other platforms. That being said, I did buy the game on the Switch for convenience although it's only possible for me to play it on the TV...As far as gameplay goes however, it's still a fun game. I enjoy it at least. I mean, at least it doesn't look as bad when it's docked.

All I'm saying is that I'm sure that they'll be releasing updates with large improvements as time goes on, we just have to be patient. 2019 isn't far away and I think people who have never played ARK before can certainly have a lot of fun on the Switch version even if they can't play in handheld mode.

On 12/18/2018 at 9:48 PM, Berserkerkitten said:

howdy guys id like to throw in my experiences of the latest patch.
the switch version may at this point in its lifespan not the most refined version of ARK but i actually noticed a similar effect as Berserkerkitten.
I did not play as much to get accustomed to the graphics before the patch so i think it not being a placebo effect. Also i think the blurred vision
when fading out from the inventory seems gone too. Im curious which improvements the next patch will bring i for my part would wish a little tweaking
for the handheld mode as some messages are hard to read on the small screen

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Jrsplays said:

While the switch version is fun, it'd be nice if it had feature parity. If it had all the DLC available to buy, the broodmother, all the tek engrams. So, my question is, do we know when anymore updates are coming for switch?

They said early 2019 in an article, other sources say 6 months after main release. Nonetheless I hope it's sooner rather than later.

6 hours ago, Coachbrian said:

GM Argosy replied to my ticket(middle of December)and stated that they didn't know of anything planned. In a reddit post maybe a week later, one of the Chris's replied that the Switch was at it's operational limits with the current version of Ark. So apparently this is just a proof of concept for $50.

I keep seeing inconsistent statements from different articles stating different things from the devs, so I don't even know what to believe anymore. It'd be absolutely ridiculous if they didn't add anything on Ark Switch (As far as DLC goes) and have us spend $50 on it, when we can spend the same amount on a different console for more, better quality gameplay. This is upsetting.

9 hours ago, Coachbrian said:

GM Argosy replied to my ticket(middle of December)and stated that they didn't know of anything planned. In a reddit post maybe a week later, one of the Chris's replied that the Switch was at it's operational limits with the current version of Ark. So apparently this is just a proof of concept for $50.

Do you mean that they can‘t further improve the game or that there won‘t be any dlcs? 

Archived