mishastar12

What lvl should the player be to tame a Giga? or a Rex?

Posted (edited)

I am only wondering if the player can be a low lvl and not have the saddle for the giga or the rex so they can tame it before unlocking the saddle. I am only wondering and I am not sure if it is possible but idk. If there is any answer's to my question then I'll consider trying it.

Edited by mishastar12

You can tame any dino at lvl 1, you don't need to have the saddle unlocked or anything. 

All you need is the resources (food, narcos, arrows). If you don't have good armor and few HP, either get on high ground or build a trap. If you have many points in speed you can even outrun a rex and shoot while running around it.

A trap made of stone or better will work wonders. It will save you ammo, repair costs, lives.

Rexes are not that hard to tame. If you want to do a giga though, better look up how to trap them and their taming timers. 

Yes, you can be low level and not have the levels for the engram and you can tame a rex or giga. So long as you can knock out the tame and feed it you can tame it. You could even be below the required level to learn the engram and get lucky on a drop and get a blueprint for the saddle and craft it that way.