The final straw

RaiderofthelostARK

After countless disconnecting i have decided to quit ark and not purchase any related game made by the devs. They had a great idea but ultimately pushing the xbox past its limits results in too many crashes and dashboarding. Rip wildcard you lost a customer that would have continued to purchase your games and dlc.  :(

1 minute ago, d1nk said:

Also an xbox player. Yeah, there's crashes. Not as bad as he plays off though

Exactly, the worst I experience is lag that tethers me a little bit, but even that is occasional. 

I used to crash a lot, causing me to fall off my grif and die, also loosing the grif, but that hasn’t happened in months now.

Its not my internet as most other players on the server also dc multiple times during the day. So yea its not my end. But maybe its my xbox which i cannot mod as i could a pc. My best guess is the game is outputting too much for the xbox to handle so it crashes...not to mention the servers that lag as well. If the game ran smoothly with occasional server lag it would be okay but its not like that.

14 minutes ago, RaiderofthelostARK said:

Its not my internet as most other players on the server also dc multiple times during the day. So yea its not my end. But maybe its my xbox which i cannot mod as i could a pc. My best guess is the game is outputting too much for the xbox to handle so it crashes...not to mention the servers that lag as well. If the game ran smoothly with occasional server lag it would be okay but its not like that.

What type of Xbox? Maybe it’s just your specific server, so whats the server?

For me with my old xbox my biggest problem with dashboarding and dcing was with the memory problem on Ragnarok at viking bay. Nearly quit over that. Moved out of that area and didnt have a problem at all after that. Then I had the graphical/rendering issue and I caved and bought a Xbox one X. So the problem could literally be anything... Was there specific scenario that might be causing an issue ? Is it mostly DCing or dashboarding or bit of both ?  I do think the game is getting beyond the ability of the standard xboxs ability to cope. 

It's definitely not just him/her. I was just browsing the forums hoping someone had heard something official regarding it yet. Unfortunately they're full of people reporting this issue but i haven't had any luck finding any official information about it.

I'm one of the ones who can barely play ever since Extinction released :( Both myself and everyone else I play with (about 10 different people all over the world, several of whome play on multiple different servers both official and unofficial) are experiencing this also. Just constant dashboard crashes. On a good stretch i might make it an hour. Other times it crashes 2-3 times in a single hour, and a few times it has crashed within minutes of getting back into the game. I've even had it crash on me while I'm in the server listings and haven't even made it to logging into a server. I've been unable to do much of anything due to not wanting to risk my tames dying from such frequent crashes.

I have heard that it's less common with Xbox one x, but unfortunately we can't just run out and purchase better Xboxes to play a game that we already purchased with the expectation of being able to play it on our current machines. :(

And I would imagine at the bare minimum, regardless of what Xbox anyone has, it's not unreasonable to expect that any game they purchase should run consistently, even if at an inferior level to an Xbox one x. But this is a case of it being near unplayable. I love this game and I'm both stubborn and tolerant of a lot when it comes to bugs and stability, but I'm really struggling to play it in its current state.

1 hour ago, Raghild said:

I have heard that it's less common with Xbox one x, but unfortunately we can't just run out and purchase better Xboxes to play a game that we already purchased with the expectation of being able to play it on our current machines. :(

And I would imagine at the bare minimum, regardless of what Xbox anyone has, it's not unreasonable to expect that any game they purchase should run consistently, even if at an inferior level to an Xbox one x. But this is a case of it being near unplayable. I love this game and I'm both stubborn and tolerant of a lot when it comes to bugs and stability, but I'm really struggling to play it in its current state.

Pretty much this and I just want to reinforce your point. The game should function properly on the standard xbox without any issues, which I dont think it can at the moment . I have had very few issues since upgrading but there shouldnt be this need to buy the One X to be able to play the game. 

32 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

Pretty much this and I just want to reinforce your point. The game should function properly on the standard xbox without any issues, which I dont think it can at the moment . I have had very few issues since upgrading but there shouldnt be this need to buy the One X to be able to play the game. 

Tbh the game does function properly most of the time on the standard xbox. I run multiple consoles and when changing room so I swap from the standard to S to X or vice versa besides graphical difference the game runs just fine.

I will also add with a total of 3 standard consoles (one being day one edition) its hardly a case of "only works for you everyone else it doesn't". With the caveat that before my internet speed got increased I did have a fair bit of crashing regardless of console, perhaps that means its faulty code related to connection?

9 minutes ago, FreelancerKnux said:

Tbh the game does function properly most of the time on the standard xbox. I run multiple consoles and when changing room so I swap from the standard to S to X or vice versa besides graphical difference the game runs just fine.

Interesting. So your not having any texturing issues on the standard xboxes ? For me the only issue I really had latterly on my standard xbox was texturing issues. My xbox essentially gave up on that. Everything else ran fine but texturing killed it for me. 

1 hour ago, AngrySaltire said:

Interesting. So your not having any texturing issues on the standard xboxes ? For me the only issue I really had latterly on my standard xbox was texturing issues. My xbox essentially gave up on that. Everything else ran fine but texturing killed it for me. 

Textures are only an issue during first load if there is heavy lag or on extinction for some reason but its across all 3 types of xbox, so i assume they just messed up the code while doing the map. Honestly besides not having the "true sky" and other extras the X has I dont notice the difference when swapping which console I play on.

1 hour ago, AngrySaltire said:

On my old Xbox I had barely any problems with this after a couple months ago. Idk what’s up with you guys’

1 hour ago, FreelancerKnux said:

I will also add with a total of 3 standard consoles (one being day one edition) its hardly a case of "only works for you everyone else it doesn't". With the caveat that before my internet speed got increased I did have a fair bit of crashing regardless of console, perhaps that means its faulty code related to connection?

I can vouch for the internet problems. When im on Extinction streaming music or the wife is heavy streaming (damn reality tv) thats the only time I know im going to get kicked. On Exti ction when you load a "block" (i.e. wastelands: snow to city)  I only run 30mbs right now, at my old place with 100mbs i never had problems. 

12 hours ago, RaiderofthelostARK said:

After countless disconnecting i have decided to quit ark and not purchase any related game made by the devs. They had a great idea but ultimately pushing the xbox past its limits results in too many crashes and dashboarding. Rip wildcard you lost a customer that would have continued to purchase your games and dlc.  :(

have you tried unofficial servers or just official servers

On 1/1/2019 at 7:02 PM, DrChicken24 said:

On my old Xbox I had barely any problems with this after a couple months ago. Idk what’s up with you guys’

For me it was the opposite unfortunately. I've been playing this game for some time. Primarily on The Island, Abberation, and Ragnarok. Thats even two maps which people generally have problems with, but we never really did other than the very rare crash or disconnect. Rare as in it might happen a few times a month, not daily. Then Extinction released and things just went completely haywire. If it was our Xboxes and/or Internet connection, then we should have been having problems all along, and all of us shouldn't have abruptly developed the same problem at the same exact time after a major release/game update.

And for those the say it works fine for them (even on older machines) I do fully believe that not everyone is having the problem, but I also fully believe that very large numbers of people are, and the sheer number of people that started having problems at the exact same time (who didn't previously have problems) suggests a common denominator that was introduced with the new expansion rather than something on their end.

I know personally I'm still using the same Xbox and the same internet service as I was 3 months ago. Nothing changed on my end between then and now, nor the other players I play with that are now having problems as well.

Edit: while I didn't think internet was the problem as some suggested (two of the players on my server came to us because they got tired of crashes on single player maps and losing large chunks of progress every time) decided to test it for myself. Disconnected my Xbox from the internet completely, loaded up an empty one player map. No structures anywhere on the map, and just a single tame to run around on. Crashed within the first 20 minutes of doing nothing but running around. So while a bad internet connection may cause disconnects and crashes for people in other instances, it's definitely not the cause of these specific crashes since they happen even when playing the game offline.

Archived