evolution event Evolution Event variation

Zahlea

So, the evolution events are usually Harvesting, Taming and Exp rates increased. One thing I've been thinking of that could be really nice is an event where dino levels are increased. No, not like the Tek variants, but that higher level dinos spawn, although still within the cap. Let me explain:

So, all dinos spawn with a number of 1-30 that is then multiplied with the server difficulty to give its level. I.e. Difficulty 4 gives us dinos from level 4 to 120 in increments of 4 (4, 8, 12, 16, etc) and Difficulty 5 spawns dinos from 5 to 150 in increments of 5, etc. What I'm saying here is that the number 1-30 is increased but never above 30 so that you have a higher chance of seeing higher level dinos, but they are still the same as normally (same max, same increment).

What do you think? Would it even work or are there problems I'm not thinking of? What are other options that would be cool?

I think I see what your saying. For example on the unofficial maps Ragnarok and the center the maps spawn dinos with a bias towards higher levels ( i.e. making a higher level spawn more likely) compared to that of the official story maps. So an event would for example raise the likelyhood of high levels being found on say the Island map to that of say Ragnarok?

I means its possible to do, although how easy it would be to implement an event like that I havent a clue.

Yeah, exactly that!

I didn't know The Center and Ragnarok had that! I mean, I definitely had the feeling, but I didn't know it was actually confirmed. But if they did that there, it shouldn't be too hard to get on the Island, I think, although, obviously, I don't know the code well enough to say for sure. I just figured that maybe it could be possible to use a variable that was added to the 1-30 number and then change that variable from a config value? But maybe exposing that would give unintended behaviour (I can see many unofficials using it permanently to get higher spawn).

Archived