Community Crunch 162: Happy New Year, Public Beta & Extinction Transfers Soon, & Xbox Game Pass!

Jen

Hey Survivors! Welcome to the first (and also short) edition of the Community Crunch for 2019! :Jerbhi:

2018 in Review!

large.collage2018.jpg

Happy New Year, Survivors! Thank you all for making us a part of your 2018. It has truly been an insane year for us. As always we are humbled by your support of all things ARK and we could not have achieved these milestones without you. 

Let's bring in the new year with a roar, and keep on surviving in 2019!

Structure Plus & Kibble Rework!

We look forward to being back in the office this week and back to the grind so we can bring you more ARK this year. In case you missed our post about it, two of the main things we are currently working on in the month of January include Structures Plus and the Kibble rework, which you can read about here:

The extra exciting news is that we will be launching a public beta on PC for the next round of S+ implementation and the kibble changes very soon. We will be relying on your feedback and making tweaks and changes during the beta process before these features make their way into the live game for everyone to enjoy. When the beta releases we invite you to break these new features as much as possible! ;) 

Extinction Transfers Opening Soon!

large_12.jpg

We have been getting a lot of questions about this lately and rightfully so. We will be opening server transfers on our official servers into Extinction on January 15th! This will be on all applicable platforms. There will be no transfer restrictions on creatures (unlike Aberration).

Xbox Game Pass!

logo.jpg

We're excited to announce that ARK will be joining January’s Xbox Game Pass titles today! Xbox Game Pass is a monthly subscription that lets you enjoy unlimited access to over one hundred great Xbox One and Xbox 360 titles.

We are excited to be welcoming Game Pass holders into the world of ARK. Best of luck surviving! 

Winter Wonderland!

large.1482456762_WW2.jpg

Don't forget that Winter Wonderland is here but it won't be around forever! This winter-themed holiday event ends on January 7th so be sure to get your fill of this festive event before Raptor Claus and Gacha Claus make their way back to the North Pole.

Fanart of the Week!

40A64C7FC663CC4CE49259D4D19AC64915FF2A8F

Below Zero by Scutal!

Evolution Event!

large.large.EvoEvent.png.eeb58694dd9d4cb

Survivors on all platforms will be receiving a special Evolution Event perk this weekend! It will be active from Friday the 4th of January at 1 PM EST until Monday the 7th of January at 3 PM EST. All Official Servers across each platform will be undergoing this evolutionary change which includes:

2x Harvesting Rates
2x Taming Rates
2x EXP Rates

That's it for this post guys! As always if you’ve got anything to share you can find us at:

Twitter: twitter.com/survivetheark
Facebook: facebook.com/survivetheark
Reddit: reddit.com/r/playark
Instagram: instagram.com/survivetheark
Twitch: twitch.tv/survivetheark
Steam: steamcommunity.com/app/346110
Youtube: youtube.com/survivetheark

Much love from all of us,
Studio Wildcard

large.Dossier2018.jpg

View full article

• Like 1

How about fixing the Xbox dashboarding issue on extinction. My wife and I crash Every. Single. Day. Playing splitscreen since extinctions second patch. 

Picture it now..."millions" of xbox players loading it up, only to crash. Over and Over. How long do you think that will last?

Fix it. 

Edited by Jtmorris
  • Like 1

Extinction needs help. Watched my giga melt through the map and die last night. Slow painful process like it was going through quicksand after I got hit by a bronto in the wastelands. 

Teleporters turn black when on public. And push dinos under the map if you teleport another on top of one that’s already there. 

And the lag is terrible. Huge lag spikes every 10-15min that will kill manas when you jump and it rockets out of the vertical kill zone. Lost 4 manas in the last few days like this. 

Guest chancho33015

Well, this year has been interesting. WildCard has had its up and downs. However, if i were to be honest what i love about Ark is not the game perse. It has allowed me to meet cool people while i do something with them. Something silly, something entertaining, or just waiting for eggs to hatch for hours just talking nonsense to my friends. Ark greatest quality is not perhaps the game it self but connecting people around. It feels like Facebook. Where the core idea is connecting people while nonsense happens around as they are selling your personal information/scamming you but the fun is in the people within. I am happy Ark has a cool community within. Maybe not everyone like everyone because of [][][][] issues and just wildcard being wildcard...but the game has withing all this darkness a bright spot. and that is US. The gamers, the friends, and the family  we have made here through the years. I hope everyone has a great 2019. I hope Wildcard gets their game to where they actually match their trailers. But if it doesn't happen, we still have each other to talk smack about wildcard while playing the game when things go south. Because if we are going to play, it will be together, and we are going to leave...it will be together! :) 

HAPPY 2019!

12 hours ago, BTrickshot said:

What the actual crap is that last image? Or is it even Ark?

I had the exact same question. As far as I can figure the creature on the left is the king titan, looks a little weird but that makes the most sense. But the the thing on the left is the real kicker. There have been one of these for each official map so far, so it’s makes sense for this one to be specific to extinction, but nothing on extinction looks anything like that. It would make about 1 million times more sense for it to be a mega mek, or at least one of the other titans. But instead it’s some hideously deformed tumor monster. The closest thing I can think of is Rockwell, but that makes no sense and it doesn’t even really look like him. Some insight would be appreciated.

Edit: just found out that it is a creature from atlas called the kraken, looks super weird in game, but that picture makes it look even weirder. 

Edited by DinoDash