Bored, any suggestions?

Funstab

10 minutes ago, Funstab said:

Supp i'm a PVE player atm and i got a pretty big as base with alot of dinos tamed, i got strong armor and very nice loot, my base is fully made of stone.

It feels like i've finished the game (even tho i didn't). Does anybody got some suggestions for me to do because me and my friends are getting bored.

Don't force it. If you're bored take a break or stop the game. Your goals need to be set by you and your friends. If you're done then just be done. 

If you want to finish the lore of the game then do what needs to be done for that.

Maybe it's time to try PvP. Lot of options there.

Maybe it's time to start fresh on a frwsh map. Let your stuff go. 

Most likely if fighting the bosses, exploring the caves, discovering all the explorer notes, breeding your own line of something isn't enough to keep you entertained then the game is done for you so rip the band aid and find the next way to entertain yourself. 

Doesnt seem like you've completed the bosses. Its a daunting task but so worth it. Once you get a Tek replicator and later a Tek Transmitter your life changes. You are in PVE so you can utilize these, having a teleporter near metal spawns for example.. life changing.

There's a lot to do, why dont you tell us what your experiences are so far in Ark, I guarantee we can find atleast 10 things you can do that will give you some purpose again

On 1/1/2019 at 2:56 AM, Funstab said:

Supp i'm a PVE player atm and i got a pretty big as base with alot of dinos tamed, i got strong armor and very nice loot, my base is fully made of stone.

It feels like i've finished the game (even tho i didn't). Does anybody got some suggestions for me to do because me and my friends are getting bored.

Stop being a puss and start on a pvp server .

Finished the game with a stone baset lol get out of here 

Pve Is only build a wood hut and tames some easy stuff , it's over once u get a high level tame . Pve is like less than 1/4 the game .

Try pvp with your friends ,  make more friends , make enemy's get into some action and see how long your Stone bade lasts. The game is only just beginning you just learned the basics lol.

If you really want to stay on pve , breed 20 rexs and tackle the 3 most boring , mechanic less boss fights in gaming history 

On 12/31/2018 at 9:56 PM, Funstab said:

Have a tribe meeting on discord and see what other games your tribe mates are interested in. What other games have they neglected because of the time investment required to play ARK? Maybe you all have a common game everyone wants to play together or different groups play different games. 

That will help to preserve the group.

Since your entire base is made of stone, take 1-2 week break. Sign in a couple times per week to bed hop and refresh everything in case of rollback.

Cryo everything or a good portion of your dinos and only keep out the ones you will use to do a quick feed every few days, 
Replace all beds with Tek Beds,
Fill your main gen and a backup gen with gas, set the backup gen to turn on when power stops from the main gen. (this is mainly for peace of mind and redundancy) 

If at the end of the 2 weeks your buddies have the itch to play ARK again, it will be a nice refresher to come back. 

P.S. I don't suggest to play ATLAS 

I personally play PvP im not huge in actually PvPing but I love the challenge of building and breeding for PvP and I like the rush of hey someone could break in and kill my tames and destroy my base at any moment. I'm usually the friendly PvP person who likes to help out the new people and getting allies.

If you want to stay PvE though things I would personally do if you haven't done yet
- Boss fights 
- Breeding (I love trying to find those good stats and breeding them trying to consolidate and get mutations)
- Building bigger and better bases in new locations 
- Move to a new map with just an argent or even nothing and start all over again

Hope this helps a little

8 minutes ago, Korizan said:

Get an unofficial Server 

Remove the ability to use Flyers on a Large map Like Ragnarok.

Remove some dinos like Gigas, Giffins, Megal, Yuly & the Argy.

Reduce the Taming the Breeding Times (most people have RL responsibilities)

And you will get a whole knew perspective on the game.

I will second this. Ive done a few no flyer plays in my days and I always found it breathe new life in the game. Nothing quite like using a procoptodon to travel. (Jump inventory glitch you move faster than any wyvern)

3 hours ago, Korizan said:

Get an unofficial Server 

Remove the ability to use Flyers on a Large map Like Ragnarok.

Remove some dinos like Gigas, Giffins, Megal, Yuly & the Argy.

Reduce the Taming the Breeding Times (most people have RL responsibilities)

And you will get a whole knew perspective on the game.

This. It's amazing how much having a flyer changes the game, for the better and eventually, for the worst. Once you get a wyvern, psh. I've gotten to the point where I cryo my wyvern and only use it if/when I need it. Just having it around as the first flyer I can hop on, I'd use it for everything. The game's pretty boring when nothing aggro's to you and you can cross the map in seconds on a tame that kills pretty much everything with a few bites. 

Finally bred up a pack of wolves to ride around for kicks and man, such a different (more exciting) game. 

Archived