Dino Limit

ludiii

54 minutes ago, Oldkane said:

With PVE servers the kibble system and baby raising mechanics must take a lot of the blame for the amount of dinos.   The main reasons for people keeping dinos is for eggs, sentimental reasons or utility, plus perhaps trade. Established bases would have a low number of utility dinos, meaning ones that they use often or daily.  On PVE servers most tamed creatures sit idle doing nothing daily except producing eggs which could be used for kibble.

While mutton went a long way towards helping with carnivore new tames there is no direct equivalent for herbivores, and you still need the kibble for baby raising. So in my opinion fix the kibble system so you don't need lots of different types of eggs (which was to make you tame the different creatures in the first place) and you will no longer have bases that need to keep 12 of each egg laying type.

Heres the thing though.while the current kibble system is to blame for some of the server cap, its not all neccessary blamable.

hell, some of the server i went on were capped because greedy tribes had over 300 dini that werent there for kibble, but rather to block anymore tames.

15 hours ago, Oldkane said:

With PVE servers the kibble system and baby raising mechanics must take a lot of the blame for the amount of dinos.   The main reasons for people keeping dinos is for eggs, sentimental reasons or utility, plus perhaps trade. Established bases would have a low number of utility dinos, meaning ones that they use often or daily.  On PVE servers most tamed creatures sit idle doing nothing daily except producing eggs which could be used for kibble.

While mutton went a long way towards helping with carnivore new tames there is no direct equivalent for herbivores, and you still need the kibble for baby raising. So in my opinion fix the kibble system so you don't need lots of different types of eggs (which was to make you tame the different creatures in the first place) and you will no longer have bases that need to keep 12 of each egg laying type.

thats possible fix aswell but then game would be so easy if u understand what i mean , and i dont undertand why there is dino limit at all , is it causing server to be unstable or what?.... ok they added tribe dino limit but this makes no sense i am old player and before like 2-3years never heard of "too many creatures on the ark" ... i am sure that existed aswell but wasnt that often

Archived