Dino Limit

ludiii

40 minutes ago, RageQuitter said:

No, a lot of official PvE servers are capped or are close to cap so it's hard/almost impossible for new players to get started

What if they start on a low pop server then transfer, so the dinos not transfer? If not, then I guess people just stay on the low pop server or don’t do official.

1 hour ago, DrChicken24 said:

So is this a feature they put? 20 dinos for everyone? Sounds kinda dumb IMO.

The tribe limit is a few hundred per tribe. You can see the number of tames / tribe max in the center of the inventory window.

There is a server max. Official PvE servers fill up tame cap for many reasons. 

New players have to be extremely patient and slowly get tames as slots open.

My opinion, unofficial communities are just a better experience.

2 hours ago, Aylana314159 said:

The tribe limit is a few hundred per tribe. You can see the number of tames / tribe max in the center of the inventory window.

There is a server max. Official PvE servers fill up tame cap for many reasons. 

New players have to be extremely patient and slowly get tames as slots open.

My opinion, unofficial communities are just a better experience.

I agree, that’s what I do. I’m not a PvE person anyway, I like the challenge and frustration of getting wiped lol, so I haven’t really tried official PvE. But my experience with unofficial player dedicated PvE wasn’t too bad and I think it would be a better experience overall for new players especially.

The problem is that even with the cryopods/cryofridge available to lower your tribe limit that in turn lowers the server limit, it’s locked behind a paywall i.e. Extinction. Then once the engrams are unlocked, you need to defeat either the titans or vanilla bosses to get a replicator, just to craft said items.

Sure, the cryofridge can run on an electrical generator, but you still need to go above that just to have access. My point is that many players on official PvE won’t have the luxury of achieving that progression so the tools available to actually help the capping issues will be out of reach, and that’s only if people can be civil on a server which is likely to not be the case anyway.

With the constant and ongoing problems that the developers clearly didn’t take into consideration, maybe PvE isn’t right for the official network.

4 hours ago, SaltyMonkey said:

With the constant and ongoing problems that the developers clearly didn’t take into consideration, maybe PvE isn’t right for the official network.

I agree. Without any form of PvP players cannot settle disputes. Official PvE should be reconsidered. Maybe an advanced diplomacy system (PvE only) where wars would be on timers and not optional.

Even Atlas PvE was a major screw up by the devs with unlimited land claim.

PvE requires in-game limits, because you (the devs, anyone) cannot control human nature. They only way to force people to share is to force them.

16 hours ago, DrChicken24 said:

So is this a feature they put? 20 dinos for everyone? Sounds kinda dumb IMO.

Theres a server wide dino cap, i believe its 5000 dinos for the whole server. That limit was hit a year ago on most official pve servers.  When dino cap is hit you cant tame or breed anything.

People will fill an alt tribe (since dino cap is still 250 on console not 500 like PC) with dodos and such, to kil off when they want to tame or breed. This multiplied by 10 tribes means theres atleast 200 dinos 'in limbo' 

Its really stupid i have like 4k hours total in Ark and wanted to start on "non-legacy" server aswell and i  was struggling to find server thats not close to cap , found 45 started there got base and like 25dinos and today knocked 145 level quetz and baaam "Too many tamed creatures on the ark" .... and ark keeps losing players because of this ... 

On 12/31/2018 at 10:01 AM, SaltyMonkey said:

The problem is that even with the cryopods/cryofridge available to lower your tribe limit that in turn lowers the server limit, it’s locked behind a paywall i.e. Extinction. Then once the engrams are unlocked, you need to defeat either the titans or vanilla bosses to get a replicator, just to craft said items.

Sure, the cryofridge can run on an electrical generator, but you still need to go above that just to have access. My point is that many players on official PvE won’t have the luxury of achieving that progression so the tools available to actually help the capping issues will be out of reach, and that’s only if people can be civil on a server which is likely to not be the case anyway.

PVP isnt right choice either m8... if they are not addding "fresh servers" its hard aswell ... because if you want to start now you cant find server lets say under 5000days and thats playing vs players who got gigas wyverns and stuff ... for PVE last added server was added on 5thMay if i am not wrong...

On 11/29/2018 at 5:37 PM, Klakky said:
On 12/31/2018 at 1:18 AM, DrChicken24 said:

Ok, I wouldn’t know because I don’t have the time for official so I enjoy boosted servers.

It seems odd that it would cap after 20 dinos, though. Is that for the whole server or one tribe?

Tribe limit is not problem for bigger tribes ( who got separated bases it is , and lot of tribe members means more imprinted dinos) but for starters its not at all but i was searching for server like 2-3months finally got one and started like week ago... already tamed farmer dinos some for egg farm like 30dinos total and today... its capped.Anyone know is situation better @ Ragnarok?

1 hour ago, ludiii said:

PVP isnt right choice either m8... if they are not addding "fresh servers" its hard aswell ... because if you want to start now you cant find server lets say under 5000days and thats playing vs players who got gigas wyverns and stuff ... for PVE last added server was added on 5thMay if i am not wrong...

PvP doesn’t have capping issues. In fact they can have as many dinos as they want because only rafts/boats and dino platforms with structures count towards the tribe limit. Sure the server cap is still the same but unlikely to get reached due to the nature of the mode.

Official PvE will always have dino cap issues because there isn’t a mechanic in the game to counter it.

38 minutes ago, SaltyMonkey said:

PvP doesn’t have capping issues. In fact they can have as many dinos as they want because only rafts/boats and dino platforms with structures count towards the tribe limit. Sure the server cap is still the same but unlikely to get reached due to the nature of the mode.

Official PvE will always have dino cap issues because there isn’t a mechanic in the game to counter it.

not talking about tame limit m8, talking about raiding and stuff . never played PVP , If you start on server with 5000days you will be playing vs players that are much stronger than you...again never played it so dont know how it works but if its like that only where u can play is fresh server and then u start from 0 like everyone else...idk if u understand what i am trying to say 

1 hour ago, ludiii said:

i am confused aswell haha :) , sry was a mistake m8 :))

no worries m8 and yea best bet is waiting till extinction is transferable if u dont have some basic dinos such as ankylo,doedi,argent, my guess is most servers will start emptying out then, but overpopulation is a huge problem in ark, problem is everyone is nice so they attract too many people, my server is (over)capped too as of 2 days ago :(

1 hour ago, Klakky said:

no worries m8 and yea best bet is waiting till extinction is transferable if u dont have some basic dinos such as ankylo,doedi,argent, my guess is most servers will start emptying out then, but overpopulation is a huge problem in ark, problem is everyone is nice so they attract too many people, my server is (over)capped too as of 2 days ago :(

it can be fixed by adding more fresh servers and more often like 2-3servers each month and should be ok but like this they are not going to solve it

10 minutes ago, ludiii said:

it can be fixed by adding more fresh servers and more often like 2-3servers each month and should be ok but like this they are not going to solve it

Adding more servers won’t fix the issue because people will just flock to them and get them capped again in days/weeks. Sure, not every server is capped but most of them aren’t far off either. No matter what the devs do, it’s inevitable on official PvE.

With PVE servers the kibble system and baby raising mechanics must take a lot of the blame for the amount of dinos.   The main reasons for people keeping dinos is for eggs, sentimental reasons or utility, plus perhaps trade. Established bases would have a low number of utility dinos, meaning ones that they use often or daily.  On PVE servers most tamed creatures sit idle doing nothing daily except producing eggs which could be used for kibble.

While mutton went a long way towards helping with carnivore new tames there is no direct equivalent for herbivores, and you still need the kibble for baby raising. So in my opinion fix the kibble system so you don't need lots of different types of eggs (which was to make you tame the different creatures in the first place) and you will no longer have bases that need to keep 12 of each egg laying type.

Archived