DILO? All of my buildings and items destroyed.

SirGreenDay

Just now, Plannb23 said:

A tamed Dino cannot damage anything built by an opposing player, just like a wild animal can't either.  On a PvE server you CANNOT destroy ineligible to destroy buildings with your Dino.

You 100% can use your dino to break peoples stuff.  Don't let your guard down.  Wild animals absolutely can damage your base.  Like i said, I intentionally left a key part out.  Don't think it's impossible though, it's actually quite easy.  

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, D4u2s0t said:

You 100% can use your dino to break peoples stuff.  Don't let your guard down.  Wild animals absolutely can damage your base.  Like i said, I intentionally left a key part out.  Don't think it's impossible though, it's actually quite easy.  

I love how you skirt around this like it's possible but provide zero actual proof.  Provide a repeatable timeline or back off your stance it can happen.

Just now, Plannb23 said:

I love how you skirt around this like it's possible but provide zero actual proof.  Provide a repeatable timeline or back off your stance it can happen.

I'm skirting around because it's a gamebreakinig feature that can essentially be used to easily ruin other people's belongings, which is not supposed to happen in PVE.  

Just now, D4u2s0t said:

I'm skirting around because it's a gamebreakinig feature that can essentially be used to easily ruin other people's belongings, which is not supposed to happen in PVE.  

Oh I gotcha.  So you know there is a bug that can be used, which you've used before, and you're unwilling to report it so it can be corrected.  Well at least we've established you're a cheater during this discussion.

Just now, Plannb23 said:

Oh I gotcha.  So you know there is a bug that can be used, which you've used before, and you're unwilling to report it so it can be corrected.  Well at least we've established you're a cheater during this discussion.

This trick was used by a large tribe on my server, which is one of the main reasons we quite PVE and started our own dedicated.  Stop assuming.  

Just now, D4u2s0t said:

This trick was used by a large tribe on my server, which is one of the main reasons we quite PVE and started our own dedicated.  Stop assuming.  

Hard not to assume when you're masking your comments in ambiguity.  If you don't want me to assume thing then open up the book and let everyone read it.

3 minutes ago, Plannb23 said:

Hard not to assume when you're masking your comments in ambiguity.  If you don't want me to assume thing then open up the book and let everyone read it.

I don't use glitches, cheats, hacks, etc. in ANY games.  That doesn't mean I haven't watched others.  I have reported all of the activities I have seen that seem to violate the rules of the game.  In other words, the people that need to know about it do.  Every single time, I'm told I'm nuts, just like you think now.  Then people learn, and say "Oh crap.  Can't believe I didn't think of that".  :-) 

I made the mistake about publicly explaining some of these scenarios, and then I realized that people are probably now using these tricks against others.  Not going to continue with that.  Like I said, just don't fall into the illusion that because it's PVE you are safe.  

Just now, D4u2s0t said:

I don't use glitches, cheats, hacks, etc. in ANY games.  That doesn't mean I haven't watched others.  I have reported all of the activities I have seen that seem to violate the rules of the game.  In other words, the people that need to know about it do.  Every single time, I'm told I'm nuts, just like you think now.  Then people learn, and say "Oh crap.  Can't believe I didn't think of that".  :-) 

:poop:

Take a tamed animal get it into amother players pen set it to agressive and wander then unclaimed it.   IT WILL attack everything especially if it's a hungry dino.  Then go claim it again it used to work but so did gas grenades in pve Now they don't. .  So things change..  But I've seem it done   This is why I never build beside cliffs or mountains.  Never give anything an advantage over you with height.. 

Just now, DmpTrkDrvr said:

Take a tamed animal get it into amother players pen set it to agressive and wander then unclaimed it.   IT WILL attack everything especially if it's a hungry dino.  Then go claim it again it used to work but so did gas grenades in pve Now they don't. .  So things change..  But I've seem it done   This is why I never build beside cliffs or mountains.  Never give anything an advantage over you with height.. 

it will not UNCLAIM for 7 days when you unclaim it.  

5 minutes ago, Plannb23 said:

it will not UNCLAIM for 7 days when you unclaim it.  

What are you talking about..  I said "bring your/A  DINO" and unclaim it YOURSELF.. after you set it to agressive and unclaimed it it's effectively a wild Dino until someone else claims it... Before it's reclaimed it will destroy everything just like a wild Dino would.  

not one of the dinos in the base you are trollin

Do you people read or just react?

2 minutes ago, DmpTrkDrvr said:

What are you talking about..  I said bring your DINO and unclaim it.. not one of theirs.. Do you people read or just react?

When you unclaim a dinsoaur it doesn't turn wild.  A countdown timer immediately starts with I believe 7 days 12 hours on it.  During that time someone else can claim it, but it still "technically" belongs to you.  Thus it's not running around killing stuff.  It's just standing there looking stupid.

Do YOU READ and NOT REACT?

1 minute ago, Plannb23 said:

When you unclaim a dinsoaur it doesn't turn wild.  A countdown timer immediately starts with I believe 7 days 12 hours on it.  During that time someone else can claim it, but it still "technically" belongs to you.  Thus it's not running around killing stuff.  It's just standing there looking stupid.

DO YOU TELL ME WHAT YOU KNOW OR WHAT YOU THINK..  because you're incorrect if its on wander and agressive then unclaimed IT KILLS THINGS.

2 minutes ago, Plannb23 said:

DO YOU TELL ME WHAT YOU KNOW OR WHAT YOU THINK..  because you're incorrect if its on wander and agressive then unclaimed IT KILLS THINGS.

Are you sure ? I'VE SEEN REXES  set on agressive and dropped into a base then unclaimed DESTROY everything.. 

Are you sure ? I'VE SEEN REXES  set on agressive and dropped into a base then unclaimed DESTROY everything.. 

Yeah. I've unclaimed a few. They just stand there with a counter. Just like they would if you abandoned them. 

I KNOW FOR A FACT that when you unclaim a dinosaur it starts a timer.  Would you like me to prove it to you by providing a video of in game content taken today?  Don't get all internet tough guy and start yelling at me because you're unaware of the game mechanics at play.  That's your own fault.  We claim and unclaim dinosaurs all the time in our alliance.  Bred animals, Giga's for getting food and just to screw around on animals like the Terror Bird. EVERY TIME there is a timer.  Every ... single ... time.  

So in short.  You're wrong.  That mechanic you've just said doens't work.

7 minutes ago, Plannb23 said:

I KNOW FOR A FACT that when you unclaim a dinosaur it starts a timer.  Would you like me to prove it to you by providing a video of in game content taken today?  Don't get all internet tough guy and start yelling at me because you're unaware of the game mechanics at play.  That's your own fault.  We claim and unclaim dinosaurs all the time in our alliance.  Bred animals, Giga's for getting food and just to screw around on animals like the Terror Bird. EVERY TIME there is a timer.  Every ... single ... time.  

So in short.  You're wrong.  That mechanic you've just said doens't work.

Something I've never tried, I wonder what happens currently if animal is set to aggressive, wander, then unclaimed.  The unclaim trick used to work early after xbox launch, not sure if they fixed it or added the timer afterwards, or maybe it was just an oversight because PVE was thrown together last minute.  I can't speak on that.  Been a while since I played on official servers.  

But, I wonder what would happen if a dino was unclaimed around wild or other tribes animals while set to wander and aggressive.  Will it default to shut those off?  Will it just stop moving and wait to be claimed or the timer expire?  Never tried.  May make for a good test.  Will an unclaimed dino under any circumstances attack something.  No idea.  

Just now, D4u2s0t said:

Something I've never tried, I wonder what happens currently if animal is set to aggressive, wander, then unclaimed.  The unclaim trick used to work early after xbox launch, not sure if they fixed it or added the timer afterwards, or maybe it was just an oversight because PVE was thrown together last minute.  I can't speak on that.  Been a while since I played on official servers.  

But, I wonder what would happen if a dino was unclaimed around wild or other tribes animals while set to wander and aggressive.  Will it default to shut those off?  Will it just stop moving and wait to be claimed or the timer expire?  Never tried.  May make for a good test.  Will an unclaimed dino under any circumstances attack something.  No idea.  

I'm at the office but I'm getting my son to take a video right now to show you what I'm referring to.

Just now, Plannb23 said:

I'm at the office but I'm getting my son to take a video right now to show you what I'm referring to.

I know how the timer works, and nobody is disputing that.  I think the key here is if the animal is set to aggressive, and wander, will that stop when unclaimed?  Also, can unclaimed dinos damage wild or other animals, or are they treated the same as claimed tames?  That would be a good test for your son.  If the unclaimed dino stays on aggressive, what happens if an animal is kited to it?  If working as intended, I would think nothing should happen, the dino just stands there.

They may have fixed that issue in some way.  Would have to ask a dev.  

• Volunteer Moderator
7 minutes ago, D4u2s0t said:

I know, at least in PVP, if you unclaim an animal and attack it, it will fight back.  And, if you kill it, you get XP for it.

Archived