DILO? All of my buildings and items destroyed.

SirGreenDay

I play on a PVE server.

I've been offline  for about 6 days. I just had surgery.

When I got on today, all of my buildings were destroyed along with all of my items.

Forge, Cooking pot etc.

All of my storage cabinets full of saddles, armour, food etc.

All gone! 

How could this have happened?

My base is completely surrounded by a stone wall 6 tiles tall. 

My 'barn' was 30Lx20Wx15H and EVERY wall, ceiling etc was built with mats that I mined by hand.

I prefer to do things like this. I guess I feel using dinos to collect mats makes it less satisfying when you're done. 

I'm so upset I can't even bring myself to start over. 

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Thrash said:

They drop explosives like candy. What do you expect. Until they stop doing that, nobody is going to care about the cost/reward ratio. 

He plays on a PvE server - this answer is irrelevant.

OP, your base was probably destroyed by a wild rampaging alpha or giga unless it was full metal, the game continues even when you are not log in unless it's single player :(

1 minute ago, SallyAnn said:

OP, your base was probably destroyed by a wild rampaging alpha :(

Impossible.

No Dino can get into my base.

The walks are too high and they're stone.

Its never happened in the entire time the base has been up.

About a week after release on XB1.  

All of the walls surrounding my base are 100% intact.

If a Dino did get in, there would be broken walls. 

IDK what happened, but it sucks. 

Were the interior buildings behind the walls stone wood or lower?

If they were wood or lower it is possible someone flew in while your timers were up and demolished everything as you said you were gone about a week.

Alternatively, someone could've also illegally dropped wild dinos in to rampage from an arg or quetzal then pulled it out to clear your stuff.  Put in a ticket on abuse/exploit so that a GM can investigate it is my best recommendation so that you can feel clear what happened.

Are you on an Official PvE server?

No point to put in a ticket if it's a private one and the server owner changed the PvE structure decay timer.

These are the Official decay rates.

Structures in PvE now have per-structure PvE allowed-demolish time, by default: 4 days for thatch/small utility structures, 8 days days for wood, 12 days for stone, and 16 days for metal

A bronto could possibly do that sort of damage. They can't damage stone but those tails have a massive AoE range, would destroy anything below stone tier fairly easily, and because of the clipping issues they can hit things inside of structures. That is imo the most likely scenario, assuming it wasn't an autodemo situation. For next time, if you know ahead of time you're going to be offline for an extended period, set up a vault to store your valuables.

Also, is your server official or unofficial? If it's unofficial and PVE carry is on, someone could have dropped something inside your base. Most animals can't destroy stone but they can destroy anything else, and you didn't mention if your 'barn' was also stone or just wood.

• Volunteer Moderator

Were your walls destroyed or are they still in tact?

Were the buildings destroyed?  If so, what were they made out of?  Wood, stone, thatch, or metal.

Also, it is possible for dinos to glitch through walls.

Where was your base located.  Was your base near a mountain, such as at the bottom of a mountain?

22 hours ago, SirGreenDay said:

If everyone could please stop suggesting that a dino ripped the guys base apart that would be great. He's clearly said that the walls are in tact.

Even a giga couldn't make it over a 6 stack high stone wall and leave it 100% in tact. They're not ninjas, thankfully.

It sounds as though your foundations countdown timer ran out whilst you were online and a cheeky scamp demolished them, taking your entire base with it. 

If you are in a tribe, someone in your tribe could have opened your gates and dragged in an angry Alpha or Giga. That wouldn't show up in your logs. That way your walls would still be intact. One of my old tribe mates once kited a Giga to my base and opened the gate because he thought I had too many dinos and decided to take matters into his own hands. I lost 20 dinos before I could close the gate and drag my remaining dinos away to the other side of the compound and then kite off the Giga back to 50,50 (where he still is a couple weeks later).

1 hour ago, Redmont said:

If everyone could please stop suggesting that a dino ripped the guys base apart that would be great. He's clearly said that the walls are in tact.

Even a giga couldn't make it over a 6 stack high stone wall and leave it 100% in tact. They're not ninjas, thankfully.

It sounds as though your foundations countdown timer ran out whilst you were online and a cheeky scamp demolished them, taking your entire base with it. 

On February 28, 2016 at 11:26 AM, SirGreenDay said:

Impossible.

No Dino can get into my base.

The walks are too high and they're stone.

Its never happened in the entire time the base has been up.

About a week after release on XB1.  

On February 28, 2016 at 11:23 AM, SallyAnn said:

OP, your base was probably destroyed by a wild rampaging alpha or giga unless it was full metal, the game continues even when you are not log in unless it's single player :(

Here's another possibility.  Since PVE is extremely troll friendly, and doesn't actually protect the player from other players, (in fact it's often WORSE when other players attack because you can't easily defend yourself) what people are doing is dropping their tamed animals into peoples pens, and unclaiming the dino.  This way the dino can go on a rampage, and afterwards, they take their dino and go home.  Big pen walls are becoming irrelevant and worthless in pve if you don't have them covered with ceilings.  

Also, like someone suggested, a wild bronto could have done it.  A wild bronto last week destroyed everything we had of value when he got attacked next to our base.  There are only 2 of us playing on the server, so no funny business.  I'm guessing the wild bronto got attacked, and it ruined our fabricators, smithy, literally all of our chests with thousands of materials, took out our entire greenhouse, it was essentially total carnage.  Our greenhouse was set WAY back, and I would have bet money it was safe.  But those brontos have HUGE attacks, and they glitch through walls.  

2 minutes ago, D4u2s0t said:

Here's another possibility.  Since PVE is extremely troll friendly, and doesn't actually protect the player from other players, (in fact it's often WORSE when other players attack because you can't easily defend yourself) what people are doing is dropping their tamed animals into peoples pens, and unclaiming the dino.  This way the dino can go on a rampage, and afterwards, they take their dino and go home.  Big pen walls are becoming irrelevant and worthless in pve if you don't have them covered with ceilings.  

Also, like someone suggested, a wild bronto could have done it.  A wild bronto last week destroyed everything we had of value when he got attacked next to our base.  There are only 2 of us playing on the server, so no funny business.  I'm guessing the wild bronto got attacked, and it ruined our fabricators, smithy, literally all of our chests with thousands of materials, took out our entire greenhouse, it was essentially total carnage.  Our greenhouse was set WAY back, and I would have bet money it was safe.  But those brontos have HUGE attacks, and they glitch through walls.  

I don't believe that brontos can damage stone buildings, but you are correct, if his entire inner buildings were wood and only his outer wall was stone then it would explain this, the OP doesn't actually state what his buildings are made of.  My post was made before he replied back with further details about his outer walls being totally undamaged.

This mystery will remain unsolved unless the OP posts details of the type of server he is on to try and confirm or deny that it was the decay rates being changed.

1 minute ago, SallyAnn said:

I don't believe that brontos can damage stone buildings, but you are correct, if his entire inner buildings were wood and only his outer wall was stone then it would explain this, the OP doesn't actually state what his buildings are made of.  My post was made before he replied back with further details about his outer walls being totally undamaged.

This mystery will remain unsolved unless the OP posts details of the type of server he is on to try and confirm or deny that it was the decay rates being changed.

That's correct, brontos can not actually damage the stone.  But we have to remember that their tails pass THROUGH the stone, and the stone does not protect what's inside the base.  One swipe would easily knock out all of his materials.  A tamed animal dropped in could also do the same to any non-stone structures.  

• 1 month later...
On 2/28/2016 at 9:00 AM, D4u2s0t said:

A tamed animal dropped in could also do the same to any non-stone structures.  

Wrong.  It's a PvE server.  Tamed Dino dropped in there does zero damage.

I would however, like to know what the "rest" of the build was made of.  The only reference to materials is the stone walls, but nothing regarding the buildings.  Our walls on our base are all stone as well, but our buildings are built of wood.

13 minutes ago, Plannb23 said:

Wrong.  It's a PvE server.  Tamed Dino dropped in there does zero damage.

I would however, like to know what the "rest" of the build was made of.  The only reference to materials is the stone walls, but nothing regarding the buildings.  Our walls on our base are all stone as well, but our buildings are built of wood.

A tamed dino dropped in a pen absolutely can wreck the entire pen, regardless of it being a pve server.  I intentionally left the "how to" part out as to not give others ideas.  A crafty player can manipulate the rules, without technically cheating.  Most are not crafty enough to figure it out.  

Just now, D4u2s0t said:

A tamed dino dropped in a pen absolutely can wreck the entire pen, regardless of it being a pve server.  I intentionally left the "how to" part out as to not give others ideas.  A crafty player can manipulate the rules, without technically cheating.  Most are not crafty enough to figure it out.  

A tamed Dino cannot damage anything built by an opposing player, just like a wild animal can't either.  On a PvE server you CANNOT destroy ineligible to destroy buildings with your Dino.

Archived