Alpha tribes stoping building in pve

TheArkspy

mostly part at spawn area at pve  must be pillar because make other not stuck at someone base ..

also for dino spawn

also pillar at metal spawn, stone spawn, wood spawn near player base to make farming not to far away. and not make new player blocking metal 

so if u really new , just ask at pve for help or try tame bird or run far away from spawn are to find location 

12 hours ago, TheArkspy said:

It seems like every pve server theres no place for new players to build on anywhere for that matter land is barriered up with pillar around bases or in unused areas 

Something needs to change

It does.  Some dudes named Doc, Los Hermanos & Planks have pillard huge areas on Ragnarok.   There is no reason for it really.

Welcome to official. PvE is almost as ruthless as PvP in certain aspects. You arent seen as a player to them, you are seen as a pest.

Why dont you look through their eyes? They have been on this server for a year, lets say. Put many many hours into structures, tames, bases etc then here comes TheArkSpy and throws a thatch hut on one of their back lawns and blocks a metal spawn or right on a beach and blocks all wild dinos now spawning there.. This is why people pillar. 

The server is already tame capped, build capped and the regular residents are struggling to find dinos because some bob built on the spawn points. They hear on the daily "zomg really?? Pillars xxxx tribe??" "Theres no place to build!!!1" "Id this server tame capped???" "You have to move pillars or i will call gm!!!" Etc

39 minutes ago, d1nk said:

Welcome to official. PvE is almost as ruthless as PvP in certain aspects. You arent seen as a player to them, you are seen as a pest.

Why dont you look through their eyes? They have been on this server for a year, lets say. Put many many hours into structures, tames, bases etc then here comes TheArkSpy and throws a thatch hut on one of their back lawns and blocks a metal spawn or right on a beach and blocks all wild dinos now spawning there.. This is why people pillar. 

The server is already tame capped, build capped and the regular residents are struggling to find dinos because some bob built on the spawn points. They hear on the daily "zomg really?? Pillars xxxx tribe??" "Theres no place to build!!!1" "Id this server tame capped???" "You have to move pillars or i will call gm!!!" Etc

Doubt this is why really for the majority of pillars.  For example I found Los hermados on the other side of the Rag map; his/her base was full of rafts...no reason for 100+ pillars on nowhere near the home base.

4 minutes ago, KrackenOne said:

Doubt this is why really for the majority of pillars.  For example I found Los hermados on the other side of the Rag map; his/her base was full of rafts...no reason for 100+ pillars on nowhere near the home base.

While I dont personally agree with the pillar mechanic (ie: people pillaring whole maps) i do agree with a bit of land saving. The rafts are to keep the server tame capped lol, theyll destroy a few to tame or breed etc

Just now, d1nk said:

While I dont personally agree with the pillar mechanic (ie: people pillaring whole maps) i do agree with a bit of land saving. The rafts are to keep the server tame capped lol, theyll destroy a few to tame or breed etc

Yeah, it's just overkill though.  Players like that exacerbate the problem.  I also pillar a bit near my base, just because I don't want neighbors.

Archived