Does Wardrum have a plan of region-locking chinese players?

Noctiel

It is observable that the chinese had lead to chaos to our ARK Community due to their love of raiding and their intelligent tactics but also their merciless attitude. This has lead to great toxicity among the players who get raided everyday on each server by chinese even small and weak players, the chinese dont pick their prey and such problem when not handled carefully might result into a worse outcome.

Why doesn’t Wardrum take action of this problem?

It is on the business strategy, well as you see. ARK Mobile have some in game purchases because it is Free to Play. These items are meant to be not “pay-to-win” but as you may have observe that you can’t pay to win in ARK Mobile only “pay-for-advantage” which is clearly not the best idea since you want a balanced PvP without any big advantages. Want highest level tame?buy balm, Want no maintenance infinite bullet turrets?Buy eeriee turret, Want to easily setup raid or build stuff?buy crafting stations, Want to get gryffin respect?Buy crown, Want to get perfect dinos?Buy pheromones, Want to shoot a melee person without going near him?Buy frog feet and aerial symbiote with a gun, Want get ridiculous buffs to yourself and dinos?Buy collars, Want others to do some stuff for you?Buy them what they want.

Now you may have heard that Chinese really love these types of p2w games and some people will spend more just to beat them but still end up losing and repeating and Wardrum just laughs at you and saying “hahaha, idiot, now buy more amber”. They just keep receiving those money from all the people, chinese or anyone.

This is mobile section btw.

I don’t see how they could enforce it. Wouldn’t a simple VPN let them go where they want? 

Personally I would prefer for no advantage purchases and you just pay to play like in the good old days when you bought a game. I know subscriptions will never go away and are necessary as technology requires constant updates to apps. I feel like if the game is good enough people will pay for it.

Lol you haven't seen the real face of Chinese players.Yeah they are toxic and raiding everyday in PvP but except being toxic raiding is the main point of PvP.But today on an unofficial PvX server in PvE zone a lvl 1 guy with question marks in name came near my base(the question marks are displayed AFTER .is online thingy e.g. .is online ??? ????.,that was considered as a "fail of translation" since the name should be Chinese or Japanese.)so he glitched in to my ichthy pen lured some phiranas in, killed my two lvl 250+ ichties(one had ascent saddle) and claimed a lvl 40 which I unclaimed for a second to breed wolves.Like that's not enough he spayed it because probably he knew that he will be banned.After a second admin came and banned him,I got my lvl 40 ichthy back as spayed...the 2 lvl 250+'s were lost forever with ascent saddle.

So seriously wardrum why don't you just region lock servers? If you won't then don't call servers as in regions.

I play pc, console, and mobile versions. Mobile is in it's own leauge and provides a more old school ark feel, think I'll stick with it instead of titan tech raids.

Now for the main post... region locking isnt worth the time. It's easy to bypass and legal.

What I dont understand is why everyone keeps targeting the chinese, there are plenty of folks from the proper regions being just as toxic if not more so. You just cant understand them and 5hat is frustrating.

Instead of focusing on one group of players we need to look at the overall issue honestly. I've tried to think of solutions but I cant. I'm sure if someone comes up with solutions that work wardrum would add them.

Why does everytime kens2cool post its mind numbingly obvious he is not very intelligent nor knows how bad it is. Every high population pvp server is endlessly polluted with "ASIAN" tribes exploiting. I understand you want to give your 2 cents, but its just not working. Come to raptor medium pvp and I will show you how bad it is. It's time for wardrum to do something.  I have ideas for the fixes but they do not listen.

@usuallyafk I have been on raptor several times now and it does have a high non NA population, same with other free servers. Rolled my name in characters and enjoyed trolling ya, I'll be back around this weekend since you still dont know how to be polite. 

Your ideas were 95% rage and flame everyone and everything, what little you did actually post were terrible ideas. Region locking while a good idea just wont work as anyone with half a brain can vpn past it.

Kens2cool dude think. Most Asian’s don’t know what a VPN is. If they did well. We would just have to put extra  measures in to try to prevent that. It is actually quite simple. Well it’s simple to me. Probably not to you becuase you don’t have a brain but i think most decent person could think of a way to stop it. Especially people who made the damm game. So yea BE GONE KENS2COLL. Btw what kind of a name is Kens2Cool. Are You trying to say Ken is cool?

Give ya credit on the name, stupid choice that makes no sense but its handy for when folks want to rage.

Thinking just because someone is Asian they dont know what a vpn is makes me laugh, if you really belive this pity you. Do you know what a VPN is? You realize wardrum would have 0 control over anyone doing it? If you did you would realise how easy it can be done even on mobile? Preventing a VPN connection... are you kidding me, do some research and come back if you find the answer?

Coming up "ideas" are easy, but when you think through them you find flaws and realize it wont work. So kindly stop, think, know what your talking about, then give us those ideas if they are that easy. 

47 minutes ago, Survivor707 said:

@Kens2cool and @Mamoth112

While calling yourselves as “having no brain” both of you were right.As in most Asian countries VPN is banned.

3DC082CD-9648-4222-A487-2D3DDAD2EC60.jpeg

For China it is not illegal as long as you use one of the approved VPN providers that comply with government laws (aka let the government inspect packets).

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/3/2019 at 2:02 AM, Usuallyafk said:

I have ideas for the fixes but they do not listen.

They do not listen because you are obnoxious, rude, insulting, self-righteous, and really seem to run around from post to post doing your best to trash the devs, the game, and, well, pretty much everyone. I don't know what kind of home or society you grew/are growing up in, but most people find people who behave like you utterly distasteful and unpleasant, and rarely care for anything you have to say.

You: "You're a jerk! Now take a look at my ideas!"

Devs: "Uh. Yeah. How about, "No?"

You seem to enjoy telling other people how stupid they are. I'm assuming that you are basing their "stupidity" off of your standard, which is clearly defined by whatever you know that others might not, or like that others might not, and so on. In other words, you are the standard by which you judge others. Wow. You must be a  perfect person.

Easy enough for you to hide in anonymity on the net and snipe at others. I wonder how you measure up in real life.

I know men on this forum who literally have verifiable IQ's of over 140. But you're the smart one. 

I know veterans on this forum who shed blood, sweat and tears for the citizens of their country. But you wage war against Chinese on a PvP server of a video game.

I know people on this forum with long, successful careers in real jobs, doing real thing, making real differences in lives. But you have a career of running around forums insulting people and telling everyone how jacked up the game is.

Wow.

Suggestion.

Stop being "usually afk."

Start being "always afk."

Thanks.

Out.

10 hours ago, Rakkasan said:

They do not listen because you are obnoxious, rude, insulting, self-righteous, and really seem to run around from post to post doing your best to trash the devs, the game, and, well, pretty much everyone. I don't know what kind of home or society you grew/are growing up in, but most people find people who behave like you utterly distasteful and unpleasant, and rarely care for anything you have to say.

You: "You're a jerk! Now take a look at my ideas!"

Devs: "Uh. Yeah. How about, "No?"

You seem to enjoy telling other people how stupid they are. I'm assuming that you are basing their "stupidity" off of your standard, which is clearly defined by whatever you know that others might not, or like that others might not, and so on. In other words, you are the standard by which you judge others. Wow. You must be a  perfect person.

Easy enough for you to hide in anonymity on the net and snipe at others. I wonder how you measure up in real life.

I know men on this forum who literally have verifiable IQ's of over 140. But you're the smart one. 

I know veterans on this forum who shed blood, sweat and tears for the citizens of their country. But you wage war against Chinese on a PvP server of a video game.

I know people on this forum with long, successful careers in real jobs, doing real thing, making real differences in lives. But you have a career of running around forums insulting people and telling everyone how jacked up the game is.

Wow.

Suggestion.

Stop being "usually afk."

Start being "always afk."

Thanks.

Out.

Thanks for putting him in line, he won’t post for a while. Haha.

Archived