How do I remove the host barrier [XB1]

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have the same problem it drives me and my brother crazy, it makes us both pissed off at each other whenever someone (either the host or the joined-in player) is dragged along or has to stay.

we almost put down ark, for this reason, we don't get good internet (though we do have a good Xbox) so we rely on singleplayer for ark and the host tether just ruins the experience for us

7 hours ago, Sirpunchup said:

I have the same problem it drives me and my brother crazy, it makes us both pissed off at each other whenever someone (either the host or the joined-in player) is dragged along or has to stay.

we almost put down ark, for this reason, we don't get good internet (though we do have a good Xbox) so we rely on singleplayer for ark and the host tether just ruins the experience for us

Non-dedicated = tethered to host.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I hate the fricking barrier man just the other day I was going out carno hunting on my spino and my brother gets on his moschops and he teleports! I kill the carno and my brother with chitin gear is flipping out! Then he almost dies from other crap cuz I was next to the swamp even tho it was near home...

Like for example when I was going out metal hunting my brother joins the world when I tell him not to then he teleports and I'm flying home with like a hundred something metal and he dies from fall damage so I have to get his stuff back.

I'm mostly fine with tether but I wanna build my house in this really good spot but there's also therizinos and I finna tame one but I hate tether sometimes bruh... 

Edited by JustArkbruh
  • 2 months later...

So regarding the update notes for XBOX Series X, tether distance limiz should be removed now. But in reality, the distance limit is still there. I'm hosting non-dedicated on pc and joining from XBOX Series X int eh same host network. Distance limit is around 420 meters.

I opened a support ticket with wildcard studios last week. They answered me that they are working on this and I should keep an eye on the forum thread regarding this problem. It should be updated when they fixed something.... problem is I don't have any Idea what that means and I cannot find the official thread for this problem in the forums. 

4 hours ago, offergame12345 said:

I created unofficial sever on host/local and it still has it so what do i do about that?

Quoting me from 2 years ago but still if you want to not play with tether you cant be on a non dedicated like you are. Please in the future learn what terms like unofficial means before asking how to.

I have a series X. My friends and I play on crystal isle with my series x running the non dedicated session. I thought that with the series X that tether distance wasn't a thing. But now there is a tether distance that randomly appears and disappears. Like the first few days of playing it didn't exist but the, all of a sudden one night it showed up and teleported people across the map. Now it seems that it will randomly decide to apply a tether distance. Anyone else have this glitch?