Why Don't People Put Turrets Inside Their Base?

UnfairPepi

In all the bases I have seen, I have never found a turret in somebodies base.  Lots of people raid these bases by just running up to them and quickly blasting the door before the turrets kill them, but if there were a bunch of turrets waiting for them on the other side of the door, all those people who raid others without mounts/soakers would have a much harder time raiding bases.

I like the idea of interior defenses but are a few concerns/issues I've noticed over the years:
- Hard limit of 100 turrets comes real quick and most people prefer to have maximum defense outside.
- Once the ennemy got inside, turrets or not, you're done.
- Interior turrets are usually poorly positionned anyways.
- Poor bases designs in general.
- Lack of creativity to support interior turrets. (See #4 below.)
- Poor turret settings.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here are a few additionnal points/details to consider.

1- When I scout a base prior to a raid, I use the low graphics trick to see the contents of the base, so I always know the exact position of the generator(s). Once the generator goes boom, interior autos are useless. They dropped a vault on their generator? Blow the foundation and you're gtg.

2- Turrets AI can be abused quite easily by dragging a corpse in front of them. Any dino large enough to conceal your character is enough to let you get inside and place C4 where needed without getting shot a single time.

3- Getting good flak armor and beer is not much of a problem nowadays. Unless you have dozens upon dozens of interior turrets, you won't stop a beer run.

4- Interior turrets are hardly supported by assets/defensive systems that would make them shine. In 3 years of active raiding, I've yet to see a tribe use bear traps, trip-wires, x plants inside their base to support their turrets. A static target is a dead target.

5- When you see turrets in "players only", just remember to disrupt their LOS. Can be by dragging a corpse or as simple as having a parasaur sitting in front of it.

6- Unless it's been fixed, for quite a long time, turrets were not targetting uncouncious/logged out players. This allowed me on countless occasions to "drop" into an ennemy base avoiding most turrets.

What I'd love to see regarding inteior defenses would be a flamthrower turret, since fire based attacks (in their current state) ignore all armor values.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ark is all about survival and adaptability.
Be creative with your defensive ideas as you are when raiding and you're in for a surprise.

Regards.

10 hours ago, Darkholis said:

I like the idea of interior defenses but are a few concerns/issues I've noticed over the years:
- Hard limit of 100 turrets comes real quick and most people prefer to have maximum defense outside.
- Once the ennemy got inside, turrets or not, you're done.
- Interior turrets are usually poorly positionned anyways.
- Poor bases designs in general.
- Lack of creativity to support interior turrets. (See #4 below.)
- Poor turret settings.

Here are a few additionnal points/details to consider.

1- When I scout a base prior to a raid, I use the low graphics trick to see the contents of the base, so I always know the exact position of the generator(s). Once the generator goes boom, interior autos are useless. They dropped a vault on their generator? Blow the foundation and you're gtg.

2- Turrets AI can be abused quite easily by dragging a corpse in front of them. Any dino large enough to conceal your character is enough to let you get inside and place C4 where needed without getting shot a single time.

3- Getting good flak armor and beer is not much of a problem nowadays. Unless you have dozens upon dozens of interior turrets, you won't stop a beer run.

4- Interior turrets are hardly supported by assets/defensive systems that would make them shine. In 3 years of active raiding, I've yet to see a tribe use bear traps, trip-wires, x plants inside their base to support their turrets. A static target is a dead target.

5- When you see turrets in "players only", just remember to disrupt their LOS. Can be by dragging a corpse or as simple as having a parasaur sitting in front of it.

6- Unless it's been fixed, for quite a long time, turrets were not targetting uncouncious/logged out players. This allowed me on countless occasions to "drop" into an ennemy base avoiding most turrets.

What I'd love to see regarding inteior defenses would be a flamthrower turret, since fire based attacks (in their current state) ignore all armor values.

Ark is all about survival and adaptability.
Be creative with your defensive ideas as you are when raiding and you're in for a surprise.

Regards.

2nd fixed long time ago

9 hours ago, Baton said:

2nd fixed long time ago

Are you sure? I know that turrets shoot through eggs now, but last time i checked i could crawl inside my dead deer and did not get shot. Its been a while, so id have to test again. And i noticed that one can only crawl though the corpses of small dinos, kentro for example is already too big.

Nr.6 was also fixed, i recently kicked a tribe member. He was offline and his body was infront of our turrets. He got killed by them as soon as he was kicked.

Archived