NEW Breeding Calculator!

NextWorld

One random day after playing Ark for about a year and breeding almost every day, I was pondering why there wasn't already an easier more friendly tool to help me out.

That is when I decided to build ArkWorld. It will be a portal full of useful, no fluff and always free tools to help Ark players grow.

The first tool I have built is a Breeding Calculator. Please check it out and let me know what you think :)

https://notalltalk.com/arkworld/breeding.html

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

That's awesome! Great job!

I would like to see a calculator to help us get visibility on feeding.

So for example, I just log in to feed usually (most do), so if I knew when to log in that would help.

1 Selection would be the type of dino(s) your breeding

1 Selection would be how many of these dino(s) your breeding

1 Selection would be what you're feeding, Raw, Cooked, Jerky, Kibble ect.

1 Selection would be where the food is located, Dino Inv, Trough

1 Selection would be how many stacks of food or the amount of food you tossed into the Dino (I put food in dino usually so other dino(s) dont eat it, or I move the dino(s) to a place where it has the only access to a specific set of troughs (how many troughs?).

and then tell us when the food will be needing refilled, this algorithm would use the above selections to tells us when its all used up based on how much of the food will spoil + be eaten and how many hours/minutes left until having to refill it.

I am a developer as well and would do this, but I dont have time and what you have out there already looks great!

Thanks again!

6 hours ago, Sikaflex said:

That's awesome! Great job!

I would like to see a calculator to help us get visibility on feeding.

So for example, I just log in to feed usually (most do), so if I knew when to log in that would help.

1 Selection would be the type of dino(s) your breeding

1 Selection would be how many of these dino(s) your breeding

1 Selection would be what you're feeding, Raw, Cooked, Jerky, Kibble ect.

1 Selection would be where the food is located, Dino Inv, Trough

1 Selection would be how many stacks of food or the amount of food you tossed into the Dino (I put food in dino usually so other dino(s) dont eat it, or I move the dino(s) to a place where it has the only access to a specific set of troughs (how many troughs?).

and then tell us when the food will be needing refilled, this algorithm would use the above selections to tells us when its all used up based on how much of the food will spoil + be eaten and how many hours/minutes left until having to refill it.

I am a developer as well and would do this, but I dont have time and what you have out there already looks great!

Thanks again!

For multiple babies/tames on troughs lol it’s been around for awhile guess ppl have forgotten about it 

http://ark.crumplecorn.com/breeding/

• 1 month later...
On 12/27/2018 at 7:03 PM, NextWorld said:

One random day after playing Ark for about a year and breeding almost every day, I was pondering why there wasn't already an easier more friendly tool to help me out.

That is when I decided to build ArkWorld. It will be a portal full of useful, no fluff and always free tools to help Ark players grow.

The first tool I have built is a Breeding Calculator. Please check it out and let me know what you think :)

https://notalltalk.com/arkworld/breeding.html

Nice and solid.

This interface is really-readable. I would love to work with you on your idea to implement more features from the back and extend this service a tad. Likely- w/ laravel or some other framework that can back logins and sessions. I don't think that ark-smart-breeding should be a computer ran program as opposed to a utility much like this one. As of right now you've got a replacement for crumpltons calculator. 

Can we conference sometime? I could spend probably 10-30 hours a week to extend this with quiet a bit more dynamics and your layout supports it remarkably well.

RDBMS backed solution that provides a personalized experience with breeding; overall. I want in- simply because I am terrible at pleasing the user (that is what I have you for) but beneficial at providing the user with services and extending systems. I can use some references in RL.

• 1 month later...

Wow, this is so cool! I love the simple, clean design.

One suggestion. Why not remove the "view results" button and make it automatically update as the user enters information and selects from the dropdown? Should be a simple change if you just run it each time one of the fields changes. 

Do you have plans for other tools? I'd love to chat about integrating them into Dododex, if you're interested! :)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Could you add spoil time to the calculator? If you can’t then I’ll gladly attempt to add it in then send the code back to you in this forum. If not, I’ll just make a private one for myself so I can see spoil times on specific creatures that I’m interested in but without the calculations imbedded in the program, right now I’m stuck doing all of them myself.

• 4 months later...

Would also like to see with spoil time options. I'm on official so at least the standard normal spoiltimes? And maybe the option to change it to other spoil rates. Also a consumption rate, Example: eats 1 food item every 36 seconds(I know I can do that part myself and it's somewhat unnecessary but I think it would still be worth being able to see.) Other than that very nice and helpful. Simple and easy to use. Overall a thumbs up.

Could you please add rock drakes, wyverns, reaper kings, and the other hatchable-but-unbreedables? None of the breeding calculators list them, which makes it a pain int eh ass to try and figure out how long the raise till will be on altered rates. I have a baby reaper king I want to finish during the 3.5x event and it would be nice to find a breeding calculator that can tell me how long the baby stage will be

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 4/24/2019 at 6:13 PM, danleveille said:

Wow, this is so cool! I love the simple, clean design.

One suggestion. Why not remove the "view results" button and make it automatically update as the user enters information and selects from the dropdown? Should be a simple change if you just run it each time one of the fields changes. 

Do you have plans for other tools? I'd love to chat about integrating them into Dododex, if you're interested! :)

Awesome! Also none of the new gen or Val creatures are included, thanks for the cold too, and LOOK AT THIS POST^^^^^^ that would be so cool to have your program added to dododex! Unless this guy isn’t real then not so cool...

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/11/2019 at 3:16 PM, Markdh31788 said:

For multiple babies/tames on troughs lol it’s been around for awhile guess ppl have forgotten about it 

http://ark.crumplecorn.com/breeding/

This is the problem though, crumple gives tons of good info... but not how long I have until the baby needs another bite. That's like a taming calculator where you still have to work out Time Until Next Torpor; i.e. dododex (unless you want to click "add narcoberry" 300 times).

Bottom line, I need to know what I should set my timer to before I leave the tame/baby, so it doesnt die/wake up.

• 8 months later...

Archived