Console Server mods?

1 hour ago, Bigboss84 said:

So, if I built my own Server and wanted to host PS4 players. How would that work?

do I have to use a PS4 to host PS4 players? Or can I use a computer? 

How would Mods work on that? If I put the mods in the server directly, would they work for the people playing on their PS4s?

You can utilize a hosting provider such as Nitrado by renting a server through them. Otherwise you can host with your PS4 but that restricts other player's game play to a tether of about 255m from you at all times (unless they changed that). Also, if you turn your unit off, they will get kicked. You can't host PS4 players with a computer. So IMO it's best to use a hosting provider such as Nitrado. That way, players can play whether you're unit is on or not and they have the liberty to be anywhere on the map. 

As of now, mods do not work on PS4, although, they have recently integrated a small part of Structures plus mod where you can pick up structures placed within the last 30 seconds. So there is that. All other mods are not currently part of PS4 game play. 

32 minutes ago, Joebl0w13 said:

They get moved to the sub-forum they belong in.

Explains how this found it's way to bug reports & technical support when the OP wasn't saying anything about a bug or having an issue with the game itself. He was asking if he could host the game on his console or a computer which falls under general discussion which is clearly stated as part of this sub-forum. If you wanted to get technical, it wouldn't even fall under technical support as the OP was asking about the capabilities of his PS4 & a computer and by definition technical support is a service provided by a hardware or software company that provides registered users with help and advice about their products. Last I checked Sony & whatever companies the OP's computer components are built by have nothing to do with Wildcard which does a bang up job with issues. WC should rename Bug Reports sub forums to something like Burial Grounds because that's all it really is. If the dedicated server sub forum is intended solely for advertising, then the word discussion should be removed. Either that or every single post in here that is not a server advertisement needs to be moved to Bug Reports and technical support because that's essentially how you treated this OP's post by moving it there to begin with. 

Archived