Why can't argies pick up baby argies?

girlygirlgamer322

27 minutes ago, FreelancerKnux said:

The more important question is why aren't you hatching the eggs where you want them?

Can someone tell me where to raise baby wyverns? I had a glitch where I got 3 185 fires from the exact same nest. I also picked up a 180 and 175 lightning. I hate poison. Aim is worse than a drunk at a bar restroom.

Back to topic, I already hatched them in an AC room. So where do I grow them up? My base is a 7x7 but a regular Dino gate can let them out, right? Where should I keep them? Because at adult stage they wouldn’t be able to leave. Should I keep them outside in a behemoth-gated area? 

Offline raid protection SE server with 6 people at peak, so I won’t have to worry about them being attacked. On the off chance, can someone snipe your tames or will the long range turrets protect them once the trolls fly above my behes? 

Sorry for the really long question, I just need kind of a quick solution because they are almost adolescent.

20 minutes ago, MackTheKnife said:

Can someone tell me where to raise baby wyverns? I had a glitch where I got 3 185 fires from the exact same nest. I also picked up a 180 and 175 lightning. I hate poison. Aim is worse than a drunk at a bar restroom.

Back to topic, I already hatched them in an AC room. So where do I grow them up? My base is a 7x7 but a regular Dino gate can let them out, right? Where should I keep them? Because at adult stage they wouldn’t be able to leave. Should I keep them outside in a behemoth-gated area? 

Offline raid protection SE server with 6 people at peak, so I won’t have to worry about them being attacked. On the off chance, can someone snipe your tames or will the long range turrets protect them once the trolls fly above my behes? 

Sorry for the really long question, I just need kind of a quick solution because they are almost adolescent.

Personally I keep large mounts like wyverns inside my gated areas, relying on turrets to cover them

1 hour ago, MackTheKnife said:

Just walk em outside ur breeding pen, once they hit adolescent they wont be able to get out so raise outside :) 

I always design breeding rooms with some room exterior to grow big babies

4 hours ago, Raven90 said:

Flyers can't pick up other flyers, very few dinos can pick up flyers at all. The best way to transport babies in my opinion is using cryopods.

The problem with cryopods is that they can mess with imprinting timers. It's kind of ridiculous that we can't pick up babies anyway. Then again this is Ark, a buggy mess of a game that isn't even finished.

5 hours ago, AngrySaltire said:

Why would you need to pick up a baby argy anyway ? 

To move it.

14 minutes ago, Cowgirl said:

Try a procoptodon,  I dont know if you will be able to pick up a procoptodon with a baby in it and the baby or what but at least you can hop it where you need to go.

I will try this, thank you. 

But, There's still no reason for argies to not be able to carry baby argies. It's a simple QOL feature that needs to be implemented.

On 12/26/2018 at 9:21 PM, girlygirlgamer322 said:

Can we start getting some QOL improvements for your players for once?

LMAO according to who? Some 12 year old who has no idea about game mechanics or QOL?

So you show up demanding mechanics that already exist, and then lash out at others and accuse them of not knowing the mechanics? That's a bold strategy. Here are examples of mechanics and QOL improvements that you apparently had no idea about:

If you need to move the dino to a different place, use a cryopod (a long awaited QOL improvement added with Extinction) to pick it up and take it wherever you want.

Alternatively, you can use a dino like the megalosaurus or procoptodon to carry the baby.

You can also walk the baby onto a Quezal platform saddle (ramps)...or a bronto, paracer, or titanosaur platform saddle (ramps and ramps and ramps). 

If you have a gasbag, you can even blow the baby across the map...extra points for distance if you walk the baby up a ramp to the roof of the building and blow it off from there.

I haven't tried it in a while, but you should be able to grapple-hook a baby and drag it with you. (Wait till it has a bit of health and use a primitive crossbow)

Flying dinos can't directly carry flying dinos, and that's not likely to change at this point. There is no reason for such a change considering all of the mechanics and QOL improvements made that are available to you and every other player.

1 hour ago, Caerbannog said:

Here's the better question: Most of these babies are small enough that *I* should be able to pick them up.  Why can *I* not pick up babies?  This has always bothered me greatly.  Hate having to herd a flock of slow walkers from the incubation area to the raising area.

While not picking them up.. in that scenario I will use a crab or simply whip the babies, they move a lot faster .

Whip is the most used tool for me for sure. I whip everything. When a problem comes along I have to whip it, whip it real good.

On 12/28/2018 at 3:21 PM, LouSpowells said:

So you show up demanding mechanics that already exist, and then lash out at others and accuse them of not knowing the mechanics? That's a bold strategy. Here are examples of mechanics and QOL improvements that you apparently had no idea about:

If you need to move the dino to a different place, use a cryopod (a long awaited QOL improvement added with Extinction) to pick it up and take it wherever you want.

Alternatively, you can use a dino like the megalosaurus or procoptodon to carry the baby.

You can also walk the baby onto a Quezal platform saddle (ramps)...or a bronto, paracer, or titanosaur platform saddle (ramps and ramps and ramps). 

If you have a gasbag, you can even blow the baby across the map...extra points for distance if you walk the baby up a ramp to the roof of the building and blow it off from there.

I haven't tried it in a while, but you should be able to grapple-hook a baby and drag it with you. (Wait till it has a bit of health and use a primitive crossbow)

Flying dinos can't directly carry flying dinos, and that's not likely to change at this point. There is no reason for such a change considering all of the mechanics and QOL improvements made that are available to you and every other player.

I never demanded any mechanic that already exists. I asked that argies be able to carry baby argies.

Here's a response to all of  your points:

1. Cryopods interfere with imprinting. It's a poopty workaround and not a solution.

2. I don't have and shouldn't need to have a quetzal with a platform saddle just to carry a 3 pound baby argentavis.

3. I don't play extinction so I don't have access to gasbags

4. Again, a poopty workaround and not an actual solution

Your last sentence doesn't make sense gramatically nor practically so I'm not gonna bother responding to it. You seem so intent on avoiding an actual fix to better user experience, instead suggesting that users jump through multiple hoops just to get a basic task done. You'd fit right in with the Wildcard dev team though, I suppose.

Again, there is no reason for argies not to be able to carry baby argies. It's a simple QOL issue that should be implemented.

12 hours ago, Caerbannog said:

Here's the better question: Most of these babies are small enough that *I* should be able to pick them up.  Why can *I* not pick up babies?  This has always bothered me greatly.  Hate having to herd a flock of slow walkers from the incubation area to the raising area.

I agree completely. It's laziness and incompetency on part of the devs, that's all.

Archived