Requires Serious Discussion - GACHA breaking Ark?

asmodiandevils

Believe me. I love the Gacha. I would like to open up the disussion regarding the Gacha effect on the game. I understand the need for the Gacha on the extinction map, but as they are distributed and exported to other maps such as the island it is now the go to for resources instead of new players actually learning the game and playing the game of Ark by having to travel hunt and gather. This is not click bait but an attempt to discuss this Gacha Affect. Even with the nerfs, Are Gachas Breaking Ark?

I don't think Gachas break Ark, rather they change the meta or at least, added more options to the meta. Meta was usually build a giant box base with turret towers and foundations as far as the eye can see. Now, they make smaller, more guerilla warfare and bases an option. With a few gachas stashed in some cryopods in a box or a fridge somewhere, you can easily produce resources in a microbase which breathes life back into smaller guerilla warfare. Personally, I think they're great for those who don't want to play mega tribe farmer #5.

17 hours ago, asmodiandevils said:

Believe me. I love the Gacha. I would like to open up the disussion regarding the Gacha effect on the game. I understand the need for the Gacha on the extinction map, but as they are distributed and exported to other maps such as the island it is now the go to for resources instead of new players actually learning the game and playing the game of Ark by having to travel hunt and gather. This is not click bait but an attempt to discuss this Gacha Affect. Even with the nerfs, Are Gachas Breaking Ark?

Don't players need to gather items needed to feed it, such as stone in order for it to crap out crystals? Not sure I follow your argument.

Any over-rolled OP items get clamped upon server restart/upload into ARK data.

The concept is a great convenience but comes at a cost of baby sitting maintenance of constantly having to refill it with materials and pellets.

6 hours ago, Beerwithzombies said:

It has reduced the value of black pearls but other than that I see no issue. 

Feed gacha for an hour get 1k ings or do a metal run for an hour and get 10k ings.... Up to you

I dunno.. i got a metal gacha and thought the same: "Yeah now ill never have to farm ingots!" A few hours in base yielded like 500 ingots.. If i had a few or even a mateboosted pair of them i could make more of course... but you replace metal runs with stone runs :P 

1 hour ago, Demerus said:

Don't players need to gather items needed to feed it, such as stone in order for it to crap out crystals? Not sure I follow your argument.

Any over-rolled OP items get clamped upon server restart/upload into ARK data.

The concept is a great convenience but comes at a cost of baby sitting maintenance of constantly having to refill it with materials and pellets.

I agree. Theres a definate babysitting factor here. Youre stuck to your base, sure you could load em all up then leave and come back to grab crystals every 20 mins or so

The problem is they scale really well. The only cost of having lots of gacha is you need a big base (12 found square for each pair of gacha..) 

I don't substitute farming but supplement it instead. I only really run the gacha's during baby phases while I'm hand feeding. It lets me build a cache so that I can focus my time on many other more enjoyable aspects of the game instead of just farming. 

I love my clay gacha's. Helped me jump start my stalled desert build. I'd rather farm metal and organic poly is alright for something quick but I'd rather use hard poly to make most items. 

Ele dust gacha is again a supplement as it's more fun to run veins or boss fights. 

I also enjoy being able to repair and make items from Ab on main Rag server without doing the server transfers.

I think gacha's enhance not break the game.

^^ What he said. Gachas offer a nice option for endgame tribes. I have been transferring my gachas to a AB server and using them while breeding other dinos. Being able to take care of the hatchlings while oil,metal,red crystal just drop randomly makes the experience much more fun.  Also having 3-4 gachas that can produce metal makes life so much better lol. I have built I don't know how many bases and outposts over the last year or two, I feel I have earned the right to have the materials come to me for a change :)

Like I said, Needs serious discussion! Thanks for pointing it all out. Hope the discussion can continue. The reason I posted this is because I had come off a heated "differing of opinion discussion" with a tribe-mate. I personally feel running to get the materials yields better and that new tribe members should have the knowledge of where and how to obtain the materials instead of sitting them in front of a GACHA making them less valuable members of the Tribe!

3 hours ago, asmodiandevils said:

Like I said, Needs serious discussion! Thanks for pointing it all out. Hope the discussion can continue. The reason I posted this is because I had come off a heated "differing of opinion discussion" with a tribe-mate. I personally feel running to get the materials yields better and that new tribe members should have the knowledge of where and how to obtain the materials instead of sitting them in front of a GACHA making them less valuable members of the Tribe!

Throw 20-30 baby gigas down in front of them while they farm gacha crystals and you’ll greatly appreciate them instead of feeling like they aren’t valuable. 

Multitasking is the key to gachas. We do as mentioned above and farm while feeding babies. Don’t do much otherwise with the gachas but let them collect owl pellets for taming more gachas and keeping xplant topped up. 

Archived